Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Break Up of PANGEA, Genesis 10:25 and Pyramids Around The World

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    This is the same for all the YEC teachings.

This Thread is Not about YEC. Please, (and I'm genuinely asking here) Please don't try to make this thread a YEC Debate. Start a thread in the evolution/creation section. Please and Thank You.
    The Fruits of Macroevolution are: Atheism, Social Darwinism, Racism, Eugenics and No Moral Absolutes.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by jude1:3 View Post
    This Thread is Not about YEC. Please, (and I'm genuinely asking here) Please don't try to make this thread a YEC Debate. Start a thread in the evolution/creation section. Please and Thank You.
    Let see...whatrs tyhe ***le of this topic again?

"The Break Up of PANGEA, Genesis 10:25 and Pyramids Around The World"

and what was that video posted last week again about ?

Seems to me that someone else has sure wanted to sneak in a bit of Creationism on us does it not?

You are being very inconsiderate.

You believe and push evolution so you have proven yourself untrustworthy.
    The Fruits of Macroevolution are: Atheism, Social Darwinism, Racism, Eugenics and No Moral Absolutes.

alanmolstad

I always will speak up whenever I see the camel's nose of Young Earth Creationism sneaking under the Christian tent...

YEC is very much like a CULT as you can see in the video clip you posted.

The guys clearly are inventing junk and twisting things in order to make it agree with the teachings they want to push on us....

But I think we are smarting than they expect....

I always will speak up whenever I see the camel's nose of Young Earth Creationism sneaking under the Christian tent...

YEC is very much like a CULT as you can see in the video clip you posted.

The guys clearly are inventing junk and twisting things in order to make it agree with the teachings they want to push on us....

But I think we are smarting than they expect....

You're trying to decieve people into believing evolution and I hope you fail.

alanmolstad

Im only showing that if you just stick to the text of Genesis as written you will not find squat to support the Young earth teachings.

You also will not find support for the idea that Genesis 10 is talking about the break up of a large land m***.....

Nor do you find any support in the Bible for much of anything that the two guys in the video are talking about...

Debate thread opened in other section.
    Last edited by jude1:3; 12-06-2016 at 04:50 AM.

alanmolstad

I think it was back in the early 1970s when I first had to read parts of Rev 11 in a Bible cl*** study that i came to understand what i was reading was just a weird way of talking about the many different star constellations in the night sky.

While many videos and websites on this topic will dive into what it all "means" I tend to avoide that right now and only deal with what the text says.....

And what I see that text saying seems to me to be only talking about the stars in the night sky and how they were interpreted at the time this was written.

I will leave what it all means to others....

While many videos and websites on this topic will dive into what it all "means" I tend to avoide that right now and only deal with what the text says.....

And what I see that text saying seems to me to be only talking about the stars in the night sky and how they were interpreted at the time this was written.

I will leave what it all means to others....

The seven Stars ARE The Angels of the seven churches - Revelation 1:20

alanmolstad

The seven Stars ARE The Angels of the seven churches - Revelation 1:20
    whats an "angel" to a church?.....

alanmolstad

whats an "angel" to a church?.....
    see thats the thing...the use of symbolism in the whole book is why I tend to not try to tell people what things mean.

Rather I try to stick with things that just appear in the text and allow it to tell the story.

When I read about the "seven stars"..I simply believe its talking about stars.

When it talks about the seven stars 'are" the 'angels' i leave that to be what it says without attempting to tell people what the angels are, or what the different churches represent etc...

What i have come to understand is that the whole basic story told in the book of revelation is taken from looking at the stars in the night sky and developing a story by blending many of the common old myths told about the different constellations with a more 'Christ-centered" point of view.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 12-06-2016 at 09:08 AM.

The seven Stars ARE the Angels. Revelation 1:20

alanmolstad

In a way , yes....
    But not literally angels...

In reality the stars are just that,.,,,,stars.

What we notice when we look at the book of Revelation is that it seems clearly to be inspired by the common stories told about the constellations, but with a more "Christ-centered" POV.

The many times the number of stars or crowns are listed...the way the story of the Book of rev unfolds, its all inspired by the common myths told about the stars seen in the sky.

For example, just watch the video I posted above to see how the story told to us in revelation can be easily understood to be totally inspired by the myths told about the stars in the sky...
    The use of 12 stars to talk about the lady about to give birth,,,,the dragon that was in heaven...the way the dragon is cast out of heaven....the fate of the antichrist.....everything is based on the star stories that had been told over 100s of years before this was written.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 12-07-2016 at 05:52 AM.

Read it again:

alanmolstad

https://youtu.be/ViuNs6LL8Lk
    Read it again:

yes, but the 7 stars are actually just stars....thats what they "ARE" in real life.....

They appear in the sky at night...and were used by the writer of the book to represent different things....
    https://youtu.be/ViuNs6LL8Lk
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 12-07-2016 at 03:04 PM.

Plate Boundaries

From : http://www.divediscover.whoi.edu/tec...oundaries.html

"The red is earthquake and hot zones. Notice on the map how most of the
    earthquakes and volcanoes occur along narrow bands. These bands correspond
    to the boundaries of plates."

there is absolutely no evidence for a super continent that split into the continents we have today.
    check the new book thread to find my new books

alanmolstad

oh I think there is...based on the manner that the current continents are shaped and fit so nice with each other...

oh I think there is...based on the manner that the current continents are shaped and fit so nice with each other...
    That means absolutely nothing and in looking at what jude posted it is amazing there still a discussion going on with this topic. The verse 'he named him Peleg because the world was divided in his time' (paraphrase) can and most likely refers to the events of Babel and the disporia not a break up of a super continent.

As for animals being located in only a few or one geographical location, the explanations are easy and logical-- over-hunting, being one of them

That means absolutely nothing and in looking at what jude posted it is amazing there still a discussion going on with this topic. The verse 'he named him Peleg because the world was divided in his time' (paraphrase) can and most likely refers to the events of Babel and the disporia not a break up of a super continent.

As for animals being located in only a few or one geographical location, the explanations are easy and logical-- over-hunting, being one of them

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidT View Post
    That means absolutely nothing and in looking at what jude posted it is amazing there still a discussion going on with this topic.
    I was unaware the topic was still going on, as I believe I have answered it sufficiently .

I was unaware the topic was still going on, as I believe I have answered it sufficiently .
    You didn't.

Where is the record of this split or division of the continents. At best all you have to offer is conjecture on the subject no real evidence/

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidT View Post
    You didn't.

Where is the record of this split or division of the continents. At best all you have to offer is conjecture on the subject no real evidence/
    the record?

what record?,,...

the record?

what record?,,...
    the historical documentation that supports your point of view and that the continents were once joined together as one.

alanmolstad

Just to be clear.

I was saying the following-

Were the continents ever connected?...yes

is this talked about in the Bible?...no