Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: True Christianity

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    AND YOU are a h................?

Do YOUR works show YOU to be any better than the scribes and pharisees?

OR

Will you be going to that 'hot place?'
    Hi Christian:

I'll place that in the hands of Christ--as He will be the final judge.

Could you explain for us how my obedience affects what the scriptures bear testimony to?

Galatians 5:19-21---King James Version (KJV)
    19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
    20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
    21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

2 Corinthians 5:10---King James Version (KJV)
    10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Christian--could you explain how that fits into faith alone theology?-- as it fits the LDS theology well.

Could you post for us what you find in the Biblical NT, as far as salvational doctrines go--which is not found in the LDS church?

Hebrews 10:36---King James Version (KJV)
    36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Hi Christian:

Could you explain for us how my obedience affects what the scriptures bear testimony to?

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
    20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
    21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Christian--could you explain how that fits into faith alone theology?-- as it fits the LDS theology well.

Could you post for us what you find in the Biblical NT, as far as salvational doctrines go--which is not found in the LDS church?

36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
    Anyone care to engage this concern?

berry posted:

Hi Christian:

Originally Posted by Christian [IMG]http://www.waltermartin.com/forums/images/****ons/viewpost-right.png[/IMG]
    AND YOU are a h................?

Do YOUR works show YOU to be any better than the scribes and pharisees?

OR

Will you be going to that 'hot place?'

WHICH Christ? The imaginary 'spirit-brother-of-satan-christ?' OR the BIBLICAL Jesus that YOUR MANMADE RELIGION invented?

36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.[/QUOTE]

We've SHOWN YOU THE ERROR OF YOUR 'private interpretation' many times. I won't waste my time doing it again. You can't understand the TRUTH anyway.

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post Hi Christian:

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    We've SHOWN YOU THE ERROR OF YOUR 'private interpretation' many times. I won't waste my time doing it again. You can't understand the TRUTH anyway.
    I was thinking the above scriptures were the truth. If they are--how do you fit them into faith alone theology?

It fits the LDS theology just fine.

John 14:15---King James Version (KJV)
    15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.