Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Test Your knowledge Of The Book Of Mormon

Berean

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    Nice stop-think mechanism.
    Nonsense.

It's the truth because everything you have posted is nonsense, and stop-think is a worn out phrase that you stole from someone else's original thought, not yours. Can't you think of anything original yourself?

But since you have declined to back up you claims, I accept your concession that 1) the Book of Mormon does not forbid proxy baptisms, and 2) Joseph Smith did not declare that every one of our doctrines are found in the Book of Mormon.
    Nonsense.

Actually I have given you many Book of Mormon verses that back up my argument completely, but you keep ignoring them to make this same logical fallacy of bald ***ertion. Not only are these claims against my arguments false, they are childish and immature. I could add disingenuous and intellectually dishonest. I would be pleased if you would actually engage me in an intelligent debate, rather than attempting to discredit my arguments with straw men and red herrings. I thought this was an adult forum or i would not have joined.

LOL! You didn't even look it up, did you? Don't you realize that any reader can look up that chapter and see for themselves that you are in denial of reality?
    Nonsense.

Actually, yes I did, and which reality is that? You seem to be the one in denial.

I read the entire chapter because I'm a truth seeker, but mostly because I figured you didn't know what you were talking about and the only way to prove that was to read Alma. And, as I suspected, you are wrong.

While Alma speaks of the Melchizedek priesthood, there is nothing at all about this being given to all believers in the form of the doctrine that all Mormons believe and practice today. Nor the Aaronic priesthood. Just as in the Bible, Alma teaches that the Melchizedek priesthood is a special "eternal" priesthood given exclusively to Melchizedek and Jesus Christ. Alma 13 says there were priests before and after but verse 19 this was a "special" calling and "none were greater." There is nothing in Alma about anyone or "everyone" holding both priesthoods.

There never was an "Aaronic" priesthood in the Bible, the Levitical priesthood began with Aaron, the older brother of Moses, and his descendants p***ed on the Levitical priesthood from father to son. Therefore Mormons who claim to be priests of the Levitical order, must be direct descendants of Aaron.

Evidently you haven't read either the Bible or the Book of Mormon for yourself, but have relied on others to tell you what they say.

Not wise.

And it doesn't surprise me that you don't understand what the Book of Mormon teaches, since there is nothing in there about Mormonism. If you have really read it, you should know that.
    Last edited by Berean; 01-13-2017 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Berean View Post
    Nonsense.

Nonsense.
    Still not willing to think, I see.

You could prove what I said is nonsense by linking to the post where you backed up your claims that 1) the Book of Mormon forbids proxy baptism and 2) Joseph Smith declared that every one of our doctrines are in the Book of Mormon. But you won't, because you can't, because it didn't happen. Your concession stands.

Nonsense.
    Hunker down in your safe space. New ideas are scary.

Actually, yes I did, and which reality is that?
    Objective reality; the one in which a discourse on priesthood really is about priesthood.

While Alma speaks of the Melchizedek priesthood
    Ah, so you admit that the chapter does in fact talk about priesthood, which you previously denied. I accept your concession.

Berean

Still not willing to think, I see.

You could prove what I said is nonsense by linking to the post where you backed up your claims that 1) the Book of Mormon forbids proxy baptism and 2) Joseph Smith declared that every one of our doctrines are in the Book of Mormon. But you won't, because you can't, because it didn't happen. Your concession stands.

Hunker down in your safe space. New ideas are scary.

Objective reality; the one in which a discourse on priesthood really is about priesthood.

Ah, so you admit that the chapter does in fact talk about priesthood, which you previously denied. I accept your concession.
    Nonsense.

I hate repeating myself, but have no choice in the face of your bald ***ertions, straw men and red herrings.

Any time you're ready to start refuting the many glaring issues I've presented for your false religion, in the OP and ever since, be my guest. Denying that my arguments have not prevailed, is delusional.

So again, not only is it proxy baptism that is missing from the Book of Mormon, but where in the Book of Mormon can I find the teachings for any of the following tenets of the LDS faith?

• Priesthood Authority
    • Baptism for the dead
    • Celestial Marriage
    • Exaltation
    • Preexistence of man
    • Three Heavens

Remember, if any doctrines other than faith, baptism and repentance are taught, you will go to hell for establishing and practicing them.

3 Nephi 11:31-40 Jesus declares that his "doctrine" is faith, repentance and baptism, and that "whoso shall declare more or less than this, and establish it for my doctrine, the same cometh of evil..." and will go to hell (v 40)

So, since endrunner is not, are there any Mormons here capable of engaging me in a rational, intelligent, (adult) point by point discussion of the problem of proxy baptism, or are you all only relegated to throwing peanuts while hiding in the bushes?

I did my homework and found these verses for you that both the Bible and the Book of Mormon teach.

• There is only One God Alma 11:27-39, 44; 2 Nephi 31:21; Mormon 7:7; 3 Nephi11:27; Testimony of Three Witnesse
    • God is Spirit Alma 18:26-28; 22:8-11
    • Salvation is by faith in Jesus: Moroni 7:41-44
    • Polygamy is condemned Jacob 1:15 Jacob 2:24 Jacob 3:5 Mosiah 11:2
    • There is only Heaven or Hell 2 Nephi 28:22 1 Nephi 15:35 Mosiah 16:11 Mosiah 27:31 Alma 41:4-8 Alma 42:16

So will someone, hopefully a LDS/Mormon, please help me find the verses in the Book of Mormon that teach the following doctrines, which are very much in practice by every LDS I have every known?

• Priesthood Authority
    • Baptism for the dead
    • Celestial Marriage
    • Exaltation
    • Preexistence of man
    • Three Heavens

I can't seem to find them.

And since you can't either, will you admit that you are going to hell for practicing them?

You must if you understand simple logic.

If P = Q, then /P = /Q.

In this example, P = doctrines found in the Book of Mormon and Q = only allowed doctrines. /P = doctrines NOT found in the Book of Mormon and /Q = doctrines NOT allowed)

...or you will go to hell.

Anyone?

Nonsense.

So again, not only is it proxy baptism that is missing from the Book of Mormon, but where in the Book of Mormon can I find the teachings for any of the following tenets of the LDS faith?
    Priesthood Authority is taught in Alma 13. (second response)

Berean

Nonsense. It's the truth. Everything you post is absolute nonsense.

And you're still working on an original thought, I see.

Priesthood Authority is taught in Alma 13. (second response)
    Nonsense.

See my reply to this (second) bald ***ertion, which I answered after the first bald ***ertion, in #26.

And where are the 20+ answers you owe the forum?

Still struggling to come up with an original thought, I suppose?

Here they are again, with answers for the challenged.

In light of such a fantastic claim, it behooves an individual to take a serious look at the precepts found in the Book of Mormon. Take a few moments and test your knowledge of what Joseph Smith also called the “most correct book of earth.”

1._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it teach that Elohim (God the Father in Mormonism) was once a mortal man and that he was not always God?

2._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it teach that God has a body of flesh and bones?

3._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it teach that God is married in heaven?

4._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it teach that men can become Gods?

5._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it teach that temple participation is necessary to become exalted?

6._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it teach Jesus and Lucifer are brothers?

7._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it teach the blood of Christ does not cleanse certain sins?

8._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it teach that a person can lose his salvation if he is not baptized on behalf of dead relatives?

9._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it say there is more than one God?

10._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it say males must hold either the Aaronic or Melchizedek Priesthood?

11._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it say you can’t drink coffee or tea?

12._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it teach that there are “three degrees of glory”?

13._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it teach that the Holy Ghost is a son of God just as Jesus is a son of God?

14. ______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it say that God allowed the Nephites to practice polygamy?

15._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it say that if a man wishes to be saved he must have a woman by his side?

16._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it say that faithful members must wear sacred undergarments that have the power to protect them?

17._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it say that official church doctrine must be voted on by the general membership?

18._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it say that the Black race (seed of Cain) survived the flood because the devil needed a representation on earth?

19._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it say that God is the offspring of another God who, in turn, is the offspring of still another God, etc.?

20._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it teach that the highest level within the celestial kingdom is the “Church of the Firstborn”?

Answers

1. God a mortal man – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. The Book of Mormon never says God was once a mortal. In fact, it teaches that God was always God. Take for instance Moroni 8:18. It says God is “unchangeable from all eternity to all eternity.” Joseph Smith, however, taught, “We have imagined and supposed that God was God from all eternity, I will refute that idea, and take away the veil so that you may see” (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pg. 345).

2. God has a body of flesh – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. The Book of Mormon never says God has a body of flesh and bones. On more than one occasion it clearly teaches that God is a God of spirit (see Alma 18:2-5, 24-28; Alma 22:9-11).

3. God is married – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. The Book of Mormon never teaches God is married.

4. Men becoming Gods – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. The Book of Mormon never says men can become Gods.

5. Temple participation – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. The Book of Mormon never mentions mankind must participate in temple ordinances in order to become exalted.

6. Jesus and Lucifer brothers – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. The Book of Mormon never teaches Jesus and Lucifer are brothers.

7. Cleansing power of Christ’s blood – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. Never does the Book of Mormon hint that there are sins beyond the cleansing power of Christ’s blood. However, second LDS Prophet Brigham Young taught, “There is not a man or woman, who violates the covenants made with their God, that will not be required to pay the debt. The blood of Christ will never wipe that out, your own blood must atone for it; and the judgments of the Almighty will come, sooner or later, and every man and woman will have to atone for breaking their covenants (Discourses of Brigham Young, p.385). Mormon Apostle Bruce McConkie wrote, “But under certain circumstances there are some serious sins for which the cleansing of Christ does not operate, and the law of God is that men must have their own blood shed to atone for their sins” (Mormon Doctrine, pg. 92).

8. Baptism for the dead – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. The Book of Mormon never teaches baptism for the dead is a necessary ordinance. In fact, the Book of Mormon teaches if a person dies in his sins, the devil has sealed him his and this is the final state of the wicked (see Alma 34:34,35). However, 10th LDS President Joseph Fielding Smith stated, “If we wilfully neglect the salvation of our dead, then also we shall stand rejected of the Lord, because we have neglected our dead; and just so sure their blood will be required at our hands …we cannot be saved without them” (Doctrines of Salvation 2:145,149).

9. Plurality of Gods – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. The Book of Mormon never teaches there is a plurality of Gods. In fact it strongly teaches there is only one true God (see Alma 11:26-29).

10. Priesthood – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. The Book of Mormon never mentions either the Aaronic or Melchizedek priesthood.

11. Can’t drink coffee or tea – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. This is taken from Doctrine and Covenants 89. Still, this health law never mentions coffee or tea specifically, only “hot drinks.” Mormon General authority George Q. Cannon included soup in this prohibition when he said, “We must not permit them to drink liquor or hot drinks, or hot soups or to use tobacco or other articles that are injurious” (Journal of Discourses 12:223).

12. Three degrees of glory – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. The celestial, terrestrial and telestial kingdoms are never mentioned in the Book of Mormon.

13. Holy Ghost is a son of God – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. Only Jesus and those who embrace Christ as their Savior are given that ***le in the Book of Mormon. Under the heading of “Holy Ghost,” The Encyclopedia of Mormonism states, “The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints teaches that the Holy Ghost is a spirit man, a spirit son of God the Father.”

14. God’s approval of Nephite polygamy – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. Jacob 2:27 makes it clear that the Nephites were to only have one wife and no concubines.

15. Must have a woman to be saved – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. However, Brigham Young taught, “No man can be perfect without the woman, so no woman can be perfect without a man to lead her. I tell you the truth as it is in the bosom of eternity. If he wishes to be saved, he cannot be saved without a woman by his side” (as quoted on page 245 of The Miracle of Forgiveness).

16. Protective Garments – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. The Book of Mormon never mentions “garments of the Holy Priesthood” yet temple Mormons are told that if they do not defile them, the garment will “be a shield and a protection” to them against the power of the destroyer.

17. Doctrine to be voted on – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. Never were the words of the Book of Mormon prophets sustained by the believers in the Book of Mormon in order to be considered official teaching.

18. Seed of Cain – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. However, third LDS Prophet John Taylor said, “And after the flood we are told that the curse that had been pronounced upon Cain was continued through Ham’s wife, as he had married a wife of that seed. And why did it p*** through the flood? Because it was necessary that the devil should have a representation upon the earth as well as God” (Journal of Discourses 22:304).

19. God having a father and grandfather – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. However, Joseph Smith claimed, “If Jesus Christ was the Son of God, and John discovered that God the Father of Jesus Christ had a Father, you may suppose that He had a Father also” (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pg.373).

20. Church of the Firstborn – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. Such an expression is never used in the Book of Mormon.

How did you do?
    http://www.mrm.org/knowledge-test
    Last edited by Berean; 01-13-2017 at 04:13 PM.

Nonsense.

Nonsense.
    It must be nice to have a safe space to protect you from reality.

You know I'm right because you read that chapter yourself, but no anti-Mormon will ever be able to admit that.

For the benefit of the readers, here is the p***age from Alma 13 which Berean claims has nothing to do with priesthood:

1 And again, my brethren, I would cite your minds forward to the time when the Lord God gave these commandments unto his children; and I would that ye should remember that the Lord God ordained priests, after his holy order, which was after the order of his Son, to teach these things unto the people.

2 And those priests were ordained after the order of his Son, in a manner that thereby the people might know in what manner to look forward to his Son for redemption.

3 And this is the manner after which they were ordained—being called and prepared from the foundation of the world according to the foreknowledge of God, on account of their exceeding faith and good works; in the first place being left to choose good or evil; therefore they having chosen good, and exercising exceedingly great faith, are called with a holy calling, yea, with that holy calling which was prepared with, and according to, a preparatory redemption for such.

4 And thus they have been called to this holy calling on account of their faith, while others would reject the Spirit of God on account of the hardness of their hearts and blindness of their minds, while, if it had not been for this they might have had as great privilege as their brethren.

5 Or in fine, in the first place they were on the same standing with their brethren; thus this holy calling being prepared from the foundation of the world for such as would not harden their hearts, being in and through the atonement of the Only Begotten Son, who was prepared—

6 And thus being called by this holy calling, and ordained unto the high priesthood of the holy order of God, to teach his commandments unto the children of men, that they also might enter into his rest—

7 This high priesthood being after the order of his Son, which order was from the foundation of the world; or in other words, being without beginning of days or end of years, being prepared from eternity to all eternity, according to his foreknowledge of all things—

8 Now they were ordained after this manner—being called with a holy calling, and ordained with a holy ordinance, and taking upon them the high priesthood of the holy order, which calling, and ordinance, and high priesthood, is without beginning or end—

9 Thus they become high priests forever, after the order of the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, who is without beginning of days or end of years, who is full of grace, equity, and truth. And thus it is. Amen.

10 Now, as I said concerning the holy order, or this high priesthood, there were many who were ordained and became high priests of God; and it was on account of their exceeding faith and repentance, and their righteousness before God, they choosing to repent and work righteousness rather than to perish;

11 Therefore they were called after this holy order, and were sanctified, and their garments were washed white through the blood of the Lamb.

Berean

It must be nice to have a safe space to protect you from reality.

You know I'm right because you read that chapter yourself, but no anti-Mormon will ever be able to admit that.

For the benefit of the readers, here is the p***age from Alma 13 which Berean claims has nothing to do with priesthood:

1 And again, my brethren, I would cite your minds forward to the time when the Lord God gave these commandments unto his children; and I would that ye should remember that the Lord God ordained priests, after his holy order, which was after the order of his Son, to teach these things unto the people.

2 And those priests were ordained after the order of his Son, in a manner that thereby the people might know in what manner to look forward to his Son for redemption.

3 And this is the manner after which they were ordained—being called and prepared from the foundation of the world according to the foreknowledge of God, on account of their exceeding faith and good works; in the first place being left to choose good or evil; therefore they having chosen good, and exercising exceedingly great faith, are called with a holy calling, yea, with that holy calling which was prepared with, and according to, a preparatory redemption for such.

4 And thus they have been called to this holy calling on account of their faith, while others would reject the Spirit of God on account of the hardness of their hearts and blindness of their minds, while, if it had not been for this they might have had as great privilege as their brethren.

5 Or in fine, in the first place they were on the same standing with their brethren; thus this holy calling being prepared from the foundation of the world for such as would not harden their hearts, being in and through the atonement of the Only Begotten Son, who was prepared—

6 And thus being called by this holy calling, and ordained unto the high priesthood of the holy order of God, to teach his commandments unto the children of men, that they also might enter into his rest—

7 This high priesthood being after the order of his Son, which order was from the foundation of the world; or in other words, being without beginning of days or end of years, being prepared from eternity to all eternity, according to his foreknowledge of all things—

8 Now they were ordained after this manner—being called with a holy calling, and ordained with a holy ordinance, and taking upon them the high priesthood of the holy order, which calling, and ordinance, and high priesthood, is without beginning or end—

9 Thus they become high priests forever, after the order of the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, who is without beginning of days or end of years, who is full of grace, equity, and truth. And thus it is. Amen.

10 Now, as I said concerning the holy order, or this high priesthood, there were many who were ordained and became high priests of God; and it was on account of their exceeding faith and repentance, and their righteousness before God, they choosing to repent and work righteousness rather than to perish;

11 Therefore they were called after this holy order, and were sanctified, and their garments were washed white through the blood of the Lamb.
    Nonsense.

And again, to address this red herring, I refer you to my reply in post #26.
    Last edited by Berean; 01-13-2017 at 04:34 PM.

Berean

And even YET again, I ask you the 20 questions you cannot answer without proving that either Mormonism is false, the Book of Mormon is not true, or both.

In light of such a fantastic claim, it behooves an individual to take a serious look at the precepts found in the Book of Mormon. Take a few moments and test your knowledge of what Joseph Smith also called the “most correct book of earth.”

1._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it teach that Elohim (God the Father in Mormonism) was once a mortal man and that he was not always God?

2._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it teach that God has a body of flesh and bones?

3._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it teach that God is married in heaven?

4._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it teach that men can become Gods?

5._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it teach that temple participation is necessary to become exalted?

6._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it teach Jesus and Lucifer are brothers?

7._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it teach the blood of Christ does not cleanse certain sins?

8._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it teach that a person can lose his salvation if he is not baptized on behalf of dead relatives?

9._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it say there is more than one God?

10._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it say males must hold either the Aaronic or Melchizedek Priesthood?

11._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it say you can’t drink coffee or tea?

12._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it teach that there are “three degrees of glory”?

13._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it teach that the Holy Ghost is a son of God just as Jesus is a son of God?

14. ______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it say that God allowed the Nephites to practice polygamy?

15._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it say that if a man wishes to be saved he must have a woman by his side?

16._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it say that faithful members must wear sacred undergarments that have the power to protect them?

17._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it say that official church doctrine must be voted on by the general membership?

18._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it say that the Black race (seed of Cain) survived the flood because the devil needed a representation on earth?

19._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it say that God is the offspring of another God who, in turn, is the offspring of still another God, etc.?

20._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it teach that the highest level within the celestial kingdom is the “Church of the Firstborn”?

Berean

Answers for the intellectually dishonest and other trolls.

1. God a mortal man – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. The Book of Mormon never says God was once a mortal. In fact, it teaches that God was always God. Take for instance Moroni 8:18. It says God is “unchangeable from all eternity to all eternity.” Joseph Smith, however, taught, “We have imagined and supposed that God was God from all eternity, I will refute that idea, and take away the veil so that you may see” (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pg. 345).

2. God has a body of flesh – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. The Book of Mormon never says God has a body of flesh and bones. On more than one occasion it clearly teaches that God is a God of spirit (see Alma 18:2-5, 24-28; Alma 22:9-11).

3. God is married – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. The Book of Mormon never teaches God is married.

4. Men becoming Gods – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. The Book of Mormon never says men can become Gods.

5. Temple participation – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. The Book of Mormon never mentions mankind must participate in temple ordinances in order to become exalted.

6. Jesus and Lucifer brothers – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. The Book of Mormon never teaches Jesus and Lucifer are brothers.

7. Cleansing power of Christ’s blood – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. Never does the Book of Mormon hint that there are sins beyond the cleansing power of Christ’s blood. However, second LDS Prophet Brigham Young taught, “There is not a man or woman, who violates the covenants made with their God, that will not be required to pay the debt. The blood of Christ will never wipe that out, your own blood must atone for it; and the judgments of the Almighty will come, sooner or later, and every man and woman will have to atone for breaking their covenants (Discourses of Brigham Young, p.385). Mormon Apostle Bruce McConkie wrote, “But under certain circumstances there are some serious sins for which the cleansing of Christ does not operate, and the law of God is that men must have their own blood shed to atone for their sins” (Mormon Doctrine, pg. 92).

8. Baptism for the dead – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. The Book of Mormon never teaches baptism for the dead is a necessary ordinance. In fact, the Book of Mormon teaches if a person dies in his sins, the devil has sealed him his and this is the final state of the wicked (see Alma 34:34,35). However, 10th LDS President Joseph Fielding Smith stated, “If we wilfully neglect the salvation of our dead, then also we shall stand rejected of the Lord, because we have neglected our dead; and just so sure their blood will be required at our hands …we cannot be saved without them” (Doctrines of Salvation 2:145,149).

9. Plurality of Gods – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. The Book of Mormon never teaches there is a plurality of Gods. In fact it strongly teaches there is only one true God (see Alma 11:26-29).

10. Priesthood – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. The Book of Mormon never mentions either the Aaronic or Melchizedek priesthood.

11. Can’t drink coffee or tea – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. This is taken from Doctrine and Covenants 89. Still, this health law never mentions coffee or tea specifically, only “hot drinks.” Mormon General authority George Q. Cannon included soup in this prohibition when he said, “We must not permit them to drink liquor or hot drinks, or hot soups or to use tobacco or other articles that are injurious” (Journal of Discourses 12:223).

12. Three degrees of glory – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. The celestial, terrestrial and telestial kingdoms are never mentioned in the Book of Mormon.

13. Holy Ghost is a son of God – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. Only Jesus and those who embrace Christ as their Savior are given that ***le in the Book of Mormon. Under the heading of “Holy Ghost,” The Encyclopedia of Mormonism states, “The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints teaches that the Holy Ghost is a spirit man, a spirit son of God the Father.”

14. God’s approval of Nephite polygamy – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. Jacob 2:27 makes it clear that the Nephites were to only have one wife and no concubines.

15. Must have a woman to be saved – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. However, Brigham Young taught, “No man can be perfect without the woman, so no woman can be perfect without a man to lead her. I tell you the truth as it is in the bosom of eternity. If he wishes to be saved, he cannot be saved without a woman by his side” (as quoted on page 245 of The Miracle of Forgiveness).

16. Protective Garments – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. The Book of Mormon never mentions “garments of the Holy Priesthood” yet temple Mormons are told that if they do not defile them, the garment will “be a shield and a protection” to them against the power of the destroyer.

17. Doctrine to be voted on – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. Never were the words of the Book of Mormon prophets sustained by the believers in the Book of Mormon in order to be considered official teaching.

18. Seed of Cain – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. However, third LDS Prophet John Taylor said, “And after the flood we are told that the curse that had been pronounced upon Cain was continued through Ham’s wife, as he had married a wife of that seed. And why did it p*** through the flood? Because it was necessary that the devil should have a representation upon the earth as well as God” (Journal of Discourses 22:304).

19. God having a father and grandfather – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. However, Joseph Smith claimed, “If Jesus Christ was the Son of God, and John discovered that God the Father of Jesus Christ had a Father, you may suppose that He had a Father also” (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pg.373).

20. Church of the Firstborn – If you said it doesn’t, you’re right. Such an expression is never used in the Book of Mormon.

How did you do?
    http://www.mrm.org/knowledge-test

Nonsense.

It's been fun, but at this point I'm satisfied that I have definitively proven you wrong and that you are incapable of engaging the topic. So have a nice day, and whatever you do--don't think.

Berean

It's been fun, but at this point I'm satisfied that I have definitively proven you wrong and that you are incapable of engaging the topic. So have a nice day, and whatever you do--don't think.
    Nonsense.

I'll bet you're out of breath, from dodging, bobbing and weaving.

Nothing you have said in this thread has anything to do with re****ing my arguments. You've left all of my arguments on the table, and then claimed a victory. Unfortunately for you, the emperor has no clothes.

And I'm sure it's been a very bumpy road for you, rather than fun, learning that the most correct book on earth, the Book of Mormon, really isn't, and that it does not contain Mormonism, and every Mormon who has ever practiced any of the tenets of your false religion, are ****ed to hell by your own doctrines, for practicing your own doctrines. It doesn't get any sillier than that. Well, maybe your attempts to distract from my arguments. It's been pretty silly watching the mental gymnastics. But you have accomplished nothing other than proving yourself wrong.

And you really should start thinking for yourself. I was just thinking about having a beer, myself. I like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. I have one every day with my dinner, tonight, a T-bone steak with steamed, seasoned potatoes and broccoli. Sometimes I have a gl*** of wine later, before bed. It makes me sleep well. Too bad you can't enjoy some of the simple things in life. Instead of allowing your Pharisaic cult leaders to forbid you from eating and drinking as even Jesus did, and as the Bible clearly allows, but they need to control your lifestyle and dictate what you can and cannot eat and drink to keep you in line. Did I mention, think do and say? I suppose that doesn't shock you since they even tell you which underwear to wear and when, and even what to read and what not to read. They even go so far as to dictate what you can and cannot believe. They lay heavy burdens on people and never lift a finger themselves. They seek to control every aspect of your life, so as to keep you in bondage and those ***hes coming in.

So if you should decide to come out of the bushes and come up with a valid re****al for any my arguments, rather than just nuh uhs, they will be there for your viewing pleasure.

Until then.. good luck with your false religion.

alanmolstad

. I like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale..

Moose Drool

the correct answer is moose drool

Berean

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Moose Drool

the correct answer is moose drool
    Ha ha Hey Alan, (if that's your name) thanks for the funny video, but I was hoping for a better description other than "wow, this is really goooood beer!" LoL It must be, he sure slammed that one down.

I see Moose Drool at the Supermarket but I'm not a big fan of dark beer. I drank Widmer's Hefeweisen for years but they either changed something in the recipe... maybe the yeast, or my taste changed, so I switched.

Cheers!

alanmolstad

In most bigger off-sales you can get what they call a "single" (The guy in the video gets his as a single)...

If you can snag a single of the Moose, take it home and give it a test run.

Its best served cold and in a gl***.

Now beer "likes" are very personal, and no two people think the same of any beer regardless of what else they agree on.

And there is the fact that not all beer-loving people enjoy the Dark Side....in truth I dont understand how some guys can enjoy a "Hoppy" beer.
    But the Hop-Heads must like it because they keep making that stuff .

Im a member of a sword cl***, and from time to time we have a social get together and we each will bring out a few samples of singles and we test them.
    Over the years this has helped us discover a few great beers, and also to be able to talk about beers that were so bad we swore they had to be made of mostly antifreeze.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 01-14-2017 at 12:04 PM.

Berean

In most bigger off-sales you can get what they call a "single" (The guy in the video gets his as a single)...

If you can snag a single of the Moose, take it home and give it a test run.

Its best served cold and in a gl***.

Now beer "likes" are very personal, and no two people think the same of any beer regardless of what else they agree on.

And there is the fact that not all beer-loving people enjoy the Dark Side....in truth I dont understand how some guys can enjoy a "Hoppy" beer.
    But the Hop-Heads must like it because they keep making that stuff .

Im a member of a sword cl***, and from time to time we have a social get together and we each will bring out a few samples of singles and we test them.
    Over the years this has helped us discover a few great beers, and also to be able to talk about beers that were so bad we swore they had to be made of mostly antifreeze.
    Well, now that we've both trolled this topic like mush-brained 14 year old Mormon missionary wannabes, and turned it into a beer thread, I might as well reply. LoL

I agree with your comments. I used to brew my own beer -- still have everything, including kegs, CO2 and tapper. I just haven't done it for awhile because I don't have anyone to share it with and at one gl*** a day, 5 gallons is a lot of beer for me to drink before it goes bad. So I end up drinking more than that, and that's probably not a good thing. ha!

The store where I used to buy my brewing supplies has a brew-in once a year, and they turn the parking lot into a mini-brew fest and anyone can show up and brew a batch of beer. Of course, everyone brings their own brew to share, sample or sell by the gl***, so I've tasted a lot of different beers. Some guys are really into that, and one even had an automatic brewer that a professor at a University designed and built for him. That was really slick setup. Turn it on, pour in the ingredients, program the parameters and it does the rest for you.

I'm a hop head myself, and as you said, to each his own. I like a pale ale or an IPA, but my favorite to brew is an American Hefeweisen recipe I got off the Internet, and it's mighty tasty. Reminds me of the German beer I drank while stationed there in the Military circa 1968-9.

I think the best beer I have ever tasted was in a little Irish Pub near Tower Hill in San Francisco that an old friend of mine dragged me into while visiting. They had an authentic Irish "Wheat Hook" on tap and at that time I had not drank any alcohol for about 3 years, but my friend insisted we have just one gl*** and it was soooo good and sooooo hard to only drink one. So I had two. LoL In fact, the next day we went back and had two more with a pizza. LoL

And as a thread tie-in, Joseph Smith and his close buddies liked to drink wine and beer too. He just prohibited everyone else from drinking it.

As another side note, if they would upgrade the software, perhaps this forum wouldn't slow down and freeze and take forever for pages to load, sometimes even timing-out. It's only a hundred dollars or so. I know because I run a Christian discussion Forum as an outreach to Mormons, but I can't mention the link here so PM me if anyone wants the address.

alanmolstad

As another side note, if they would upgrade the software....
    Well..its far better now than what it has been in the past.

there were "attacks" to deal with..they are common to forums where its like you invite people into your home and you dont really know what tags along with them.

there were also attacks that were more "aimed" in nature I believe.

and its not like things are ever going to be totally 100% fixed and cant ever fail in the future...
    internet issues are part of the game and we all know that by now.

yes, I know this forum fails to update correctly and is likely guilty of helping lose a lot of well-written posts that simply went to "never-never land"

You just got to remember to hit "copy" before you post anything you spent a long time writing..just on the chance the website is screwy again

alanmolstad

Oh and i would write more about beer..

But odd as this might seem...I got inspired and right at the monent Im brewing the first beer of the winter!

its a very dark beer....

Berean

Oh and i would write more about beer..

But odd as this might seem...I got inspired and right at the monent Im brewing the first beer of the winter!

its a very dark beer....
    LoL I don't think it's odd, but you're rubbing it in. What strain of yeast and hops are you using, and how much? Inquisitive minds want to know.

alanmolstad

well..now I have to go dig in the garbage to see if its still there...

alanmolstad

sorry, that information is now lost

alanmolstad

recently we lost the brew store in local town here...

This new brew was the forst I traveled to fargo to get at a little mom and pop store.

he runs things different than what i was used to here...So I just told the guy to hook me up with something that made a dark beer...

thats all i know...

Berean

recently we lost the brew store in local town here...

This new brew was the forst I traveled to fargo to get at a little mom and pop store.

he runs things different than what i was used to here...So I just told the guy to hook me up with something that made a dark beer...

thats all i know...
    That's all you need to know. Beer is simple. I started out with kits but switched to all grain recipes and started experimenting with different hops and yeast. I'm 100 miles from the nearest brew store but you can buy everything online.

alanmolstad

a link to a supply on-line?

Berean

a link to a supply on-line?
    Just search for "home brew supplies."