Thread: What Has happened To Concerned Christians?

Default What Has happened To Concerned Christians?

It is an anti-mormon organization and every time I try to access their website it just says it is under construction. does anyone have any up-to-date information please?
    check the new book thread to find my new books

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidT View Post
    What Has happened To Concerned Christians?

It is an anti-mormon organization and every time I try to access their website it just says it is under construction. does anyone have any up-to-date information please?
    http://www.religioustolerance.org/dc_conc.htm

The "Concerned Christians"
    Cult - Originally of Denver CO

Overview:

Concerned Christians is a group of at least 78 adults and children, led by Monte Kim Miller, (b. 1954). (Some sources incorrectly call him Kim Monte Miller). Until recently he had been a marketing executive of Proctor & Gamble. Ironically, Miller was an anti-cult activist in the 1980's. He formed Concerned Christians in the 1980's to fight the New Age movement, and what he regarded as the anti-Christian bias of the media. His newsletter, "Report from Concerned Christians" attacked feminist spirituality, the 1987 Harmonic Convergence, New Age trends in Evangelical Christianity, alternative medicine, the Coalition on Revival, Southern Baptists, ***emblies of God, the Roman Catholic Church, the World-Faith movement, and many other Christian denominations and organizations.

He produced a radio program "Our Foundation" for a during part of 1996. In 1996-JUN, he announced that he speaks for God. Some followers were disillusioned by this and left; most remained in the group. He predicted that an earthquake would wipe Denver, CO off the map on 1998-OCT-10. This prophecy proved to be false. His followers believe that Miller is the one of the two witnesses mentioned in the Book of Revelation, chapter 11. He predicted his own death, and that of his co-prophet, in 1999-DEC in Jerusalem. He expected to be resurrected three days later. This prophecy also failed. He taught that his group are the only true Christians; salvation can only be earned by repenting and following him. 6 Presumably the remaining 2 billion Christians and 4 billion non-Christians in the world will all go to Hell.

The Denver apocalypse didn't happen. However, about 78 of the group sold some of their possessions, emptied out their homes, and left Denver near the end of 1998-SEP. (Estimates range from fewer than 60 to up to 80). At least some relocated to Jerusalem. Many Christians believe that when Jesus returns, he will descend from the sky and make landfall on the Mount of Olives, near Jerusalem. 1

On 1999-JAN-3, Israeli police raided two suburban-style homes in the Mev***eret Zion suburb, in the western outskirts of Jerusalem. They detained eight adults and six children who belonged to the Concerned Christians. They had been living quietly, financing themselves on their savings and donations from the U.S. Brigadier General Elihu Ben-Onn, an Israeli police spokesperson alleged that the cult members planned to "carry out violent and extreme acts in the streets of Jerusalem at the end of 1999." 2 This would begin "a process that would bring about the Second Coming of Jesus." 4 If this is true, then their technique appears to be to incite a religious war that would expand into the War of Armageddon as prophesied in the book of Revelation of the Christian Scriptures. Most conservative Christians believe that Jesus would return at this time. The Israeli police allege that the group planned a deadly shoot-out with police near the Church of the Holy Sepulcher where some Christians believe the tomb of Jesus is situated. No evidence has been made public to support these allegations. No firearms were found at either of the group's residences. Eleven of the group were deported; the 3 other members were temporarily arrested on suspicion of being involved in a conspiracy to violate a law which protects holy places. The three told their lawyer that they didn't want to return home because they feared that the U.S. would be destroyed soon. One of the detainees. John Bayles, denied any evil intent on the part of his group: "I'm not here to hurt anybody. I don't feel I pose a threat of physical harm to anyone. I don't feel I have committed any conspiracy.'' 3

On 1999-JAN-4, a reporter found a taped message and ***ociated photocopied document on the doorstep of one of the then-abandoned homes that had been rented by the Concerned Christians. It was labeled "Series # 18, Tape # 30" indicating that it was apparently one of a large group of such messages. The voice on the tape has not been identified. It linked Presidents Clinton and Coolidge with m*** murderer Charles Manson. It linked such events as hurricane Andrew, the Oslo peace accords, and Nagasaki. The speaker predicted that the United States, the "dragon kingdom" would receive "double the judgment" that Japan experienced at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. This tape may be totally unrelated to the Concerned Christians group.

All 14 arrived back in Denver on 1999-JAN-9, accompanied by Israeli security agents. 5 They avoided friends and relatives who were waiting for them in the airport. Dozens more members are being sought by Israeli police.