Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Witnesses recanted?

alanmolstad

you see that's the thing..

If you only have a few witnesses and they can be talked into supporting anything, you actually cant use them to support anything...

case-closed

whereever you go, whatever you read, what you learn about the Mormon witnesses casts doubt on anything that say...

The 3 guys are a joke in their story, as that was fake from the start...

The rest alive at the end were just as happy supporting other plates as they were Smith's...so their word is moot.

whats are you left with?...nothing.

There is truly nothing left to use as a way to support Smith's lies.

I find it funny....I mean if you got a religion that hangs everything they believe on the word of so few people...you got to find it very "interesting" just how many of these people would later turn on Smith or he against them?

what a joke of a religion to be based on such things...
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 02-24-2017 at 02:28 PM.

alanmolstad

Contrary to what the Book of Mormon states, Comprehensive History of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 1:137-138 tells us the original three witnesses never held or saw the plates or transcripts in person.

http://lifeafter.org/book-of-mormon-witnesses/

alanmolstad

Journal of Discourses 7:164; “Some of the Witnesses of the Book of Mormon, who handled the plates and conversed with the angels of God, were afterwards left to doubt and to disbelieve that they had ever seen an angel.” – Brigham Young, Salt Lake City, June 5, 1859

alanmolstad

David Whitmer said; “If you believe my testimony to the Book of Mormon, if you believe that God spake to us three witnesses by his own voice, then I tell you that in June, 1838, God spake to me again by his own voice from the heavens, and told me to ‘separate myself from among the Latter Day Saints

http://lifeafter.org/book-of-mormon-witnesses/

alanmolstad

Oliver Cowdery...........Excommunicated April 12, 1838

alanmolstad

David Whitmer........Excommunicated April 13, 1838

alanmolstad

Martin Harris........Ex-communicated December 1837

alanmolstad

Christian Whitmer.....Died before family was excommunicated

alanmolstad

Peter Whitmer, Jr......Died before family was excommunicated

alanmolstad

Jacob Whitmer.....Baptized into John Whitmer’s new church in December 1847

alanmolstad

John Whitmer.....Formed new Church of Christ with McLellin in September 1847

alanmolstad

Hiram Page.....Left church when Whitmer’s were excommunicated in 1838

Became high priest in David Whitmer’s new church 9/1847

alanmolstad

How can anyone take the Mormon religion seriously?

I look at this list of their support for this religion and all I see is a joke.

Their founder even gets himself shot for sleeping around on his wife...Its a sad, sad day when people defend this type of truly regrettable stuff...
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 02-24-2017 at 04:12 PM.

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    John H. Gilbert, the typesetter for most of the book, said that he had asked Harris, "Martin, did you see those plates with your naked eyes?" According to Gilbert, Harris "looked down for an instant, raised his eyes up, and said, 'No, I saw them with a spiritual eye."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Mormon_witnesses

LOL....

In other words...."F-A-K-E!"
    Could you give us any reference where any witness claimed their testimony was fake?

As the source you quoted stated:

"None of the Eight Witnesses is known to have denied his testimony to the authenticity of Book of Mormon or the golden plates."

dberrie2000

Could you give us any reference where any witness claimed their testimony was fake?

As the source you quoted stated:

"None of the Eight Witnesses is known to have denied his testimony to the authenticity of Book of Mormon or the golden plates."

I offer this opportunity again--is there anyone here which could provide us any quote--where the witnesses themselves recanted their testimony concerning the witness of the golden plates?

I'm still waiting for someone to give us a cite on where we find the witnesses themselves recanting their testimonies.
    Last edited by dberrie2000; 03-20-2017 at 11:02 AM.