Thread: Dr. Walter Martin recordings

can i ask WHY you posted those links?
    check the new book thread to find my new books

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidT View Post
    can i ask WHY you posted those links?
    The situation was....
    I received a private Message from a guest about a forum topic that was found during a search.
    The topic was very old, and at some point during that topic I posted a link to a recording of Walter Martin talking about predestination.
    I do remember that recording, and I loved how it summed up my own views on the topic so well.

The problem:
    The problem was that the link I had posted way back when was no longer active.

This information was given me in the Private Message along with a request if I knew where another such recording was to be found?

I did not at the time, so I had to do a long search on the internet to find a site where a bunch of the Walter Martin sermons are recorded and offered to people.

I sent the address to the person, but by then I guess so much time had p***ed I never heard back from them.

So to make use of the work I had put into to finding the right website with the Martin recordings, I just posted it on the forum.

Now as for my posting the links again?

I have re-posted it a few times just for the enjoyment of any guest that might be here to learn about Walter Martin.
    There is a lot of Mormon stuff on the list of its topics, so the Mormon forum seems correct to list it on.

I figure that if a person is visiting a forum named after Dr Walter Martin, there is likely some interest in the man's work, so from time to time I will continue to re-post the address of the recordings.

Personally I like to listen to Walter, and when Im out in the shop doing things or mowing the gr*** its normal to see me with my headphones on listening to him.

alanmolstad

Now as we are on the topic of Mormonism and Walter martin...

Many times a Mormon will post -, "faith without works is dead"

If you would like to know Martin's advice on how to provide a Mormon with an answer to that....check out a recording where Walter deals with that very topic...

Its found here - https://archive.org/details/Chariots...ter+Martin.mp3

Go to recording number 28

Click over to the 27:00 point of the recording.

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Now as we are on the topic of Mormonism and Walter martin...

Many times a Mormon will post -, "faith without works is dead"

If you would like to know Martin's advice on how to provide a Mormon with an answer to that....check out a recording where Walter deals with that very topic...

Its found here - https://archive.org/details/Chariots...ter+Martin.mp3

Go to recording number 28

Click over to the 27:00 point of the recording.
    okay thank you
    check the new book thread to find my new books