Thread: Sennacherib's Palace

Default Sennacherib's Palace

https://theologyarchaeology.wordpres...r-discovery-3/

The ancient palace of the ***yrian King Sennacherib, who is mentioned in the Bible, has been uncovered after Islamic State militants destroyed the tomb of the prophet Jonah which was on top of the palace.

As the Islamic State is pushed out of areas in Iraq and Syria that they controlled since 2014, archaeologists are being given the chance to study new discoveries. It is thought that the Islamic State has ransacked various ancient tombs and landmarks to collect valuables to sell on the black market in order to fund their operation.

“I can only imagine how much Daesh discovered down there before we got here,” archaeologist Layla Salih told The Telegraph.

“We believe they took many of the artifacts, such as pottery and smaller pieces, away to sell. But what they left will be studied and will add a lot to our knowledge of the period,” Salih added.

The palace of King Sennacherib dates back to the seventh century B.C. The ***yrian King is mentioned in the Bible in II Chronicles 32:1 which says, “After all that Hezekiah had so faithfully done, Sennacherib king of ***yria came and invaded Judah. He laid siege to the fortified cities, thinking to conquer them for himself.”
    check the new book thread to find my new books

ISIS has done us at least one favor

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidT View Post
    ISIS has done us at least one favor
    well i will be leaving this forum soon. tired of the lack of respect for topics