Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Forum Rules"?

dberrie2000

Default "Forum Rules"?

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    From the Forum RULES : "As you know, the Walter Martin website takes the position that Mormon theology is not Christian theology. Use of the term "LDS Christian" is inaccurate and misleading, and as such is not acceptable on this board."
    Alan--could you point out to us where the above quote is found in the "forum rules"?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Alan--could you point out to us where the above quote is found in the "forum rules"?
    Not right now,
    Kinda busy

dberrie2000

Not right now, Kinda busy
    Not too busy to post numerous other threads.

So--where is your claim represented in the "forum rules"--as you claim? IE--

Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post From the Forum RULES : "As you know, the Walter Martin website takes the position that Mormon theology is not Christian theology. Use of the term "LDS Christian" is inaccurate and misleading, and as such is not acceptable on this board."
    As the forum rules stand now--your claim is not to be found. Is this another unsubstantiated claim?

alanmolstad

perhaps if you just look harder, it might turn up....

dberrie2000

perhaps if you just look harder, it might turn up....
    It might--but it was not there when you posted your claim. IMO--another unsubstantiated claim.

alanmolstad

trust me, the rule will be enforced.

and if anyone thinks that this or another rule has been broken, then what they can do is to REPORT this.
    Please list the location of the post in question, along with a very clear listing of what rule you think has been broken.

another idea , is to simply place the other person's name on your Ignore List, and end the matter forever.

dberrie2000

trust me, the rule will be enforced.
    The rule might be enforced--but it would be a rule outside of the "forum rules"--as you claim it to be:

Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post From the Forum RULES : "As you know, the Walter Martin website takes the position that Mormon theology is not Christian theology. Use of the term "LDS Christian" is inaccurate and misleading, and as such is not acceptable on this board."
    Which leads one to ask--where did that rule come from? What other rules are inferred into the forum rules--which does not appear in the forum rules listed for the forum?

and if anyone thinks that this or another rule has been broken, then what they can do is to REPORT this.
    What seems to be "broken" is the fact someone is adding rules which do not appear in the "forum rules"--and claiming it comes from the "forum rules". The claim just does not come from the forum rules--period. No such rule appears in the forum rules. Again--it's an unsubstantiated claim, and that can easily be shown.

alanmolstad

Im sure if you keep looking, you will find it...

i just have it posted with my comments so that people see it clearly, and therefore if have a question about, might take the chance to search for it and find it along with a few of the other important things listed there with it...
    I can understand breaking a rule where a newer person was not aware of the full listing of rules found on this forum,,,so that is why new guests are thereby given this chance to search for and find things that help them stay out of trouble later.

dberrie2000

The rule might be enforced--but it would be a rule outside of the "forum rules"--as you claim it to be:

Which leads one to ask--where did that rule come from? What other rules are inferred into the forum rules--which does not appear in the forum rules listed for the forum?

What seems to be "broken" is the fact someone is adding rules which do not appear in the "forum rules"--and claiming it comes from the "forum rules". The claim just does not come from the forum rules--period. No such rule appears in the forum rules. Again--it's an unsubstantiated claim, and that can easily be shown.
    Im sure if you keep looking, you will find it...
    Since you are listed as "moderator" for this board--I would expect you to post where that is found in the "forum rules". It should not be a secret, nor hard to find, if it is indeed included in the forum rules.

i just have it posted with my comments so that people see it clearly, and therefore if have a question about, might take the chance to search for it and find it along with a few of the other important things listed there with it...
    It is not included in the "forum rules", as of now--and that is obvious to anyone who accesses the posted "forum rules". It could be added--but it is not there--as of yet, that I can find. Perhaps you could help us out--and post that "forum rule" for us?

I can understand breaking a rule where a newer person was not aware of the full listing of rules found on this forum,,
    And just where is this "full listing of rules" found? Is it different from the "forum rules"?

alanmolstad

.... Perhaps you could help us out--and post that "forum rule" for us?

?
    Try looking at some of the MORMON "sticky" stuff...

You may find some information there.

alanmolstad

Since you are listed as "moderator" for this board--I would expect you to post where that is found in the "forum rules".
    "?

Im just saying that from now on this rule will be enforced.

If you have any other questions, feel free to send me a message.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 03-14-2017 at 11:41 AM.

dberrie2000

Im just saying that from now on this rule will be enforced.

If you have any other questions, feel free to send me a message.
    Then you would agree--it really isn't a part of the forum rules--as you claim?

From the Forum RULES : "As you know, the Walter Martin website takes the position that Mormon theology is not Christian theology. Use of the term "LDS Christian" is inaccurate and misleading, and as such is not acceptable on this board."
    Why does the moderator take liberties such as that one? It just flat out isn't true.

alanmolstad

Why does the moderator take liberties such as that one? It just flat out isn't true.
    Oh I dont care if you believe in the rules...

I just enforce them,

So as long as you follow the rules, I sure got no problem with you...

members of the message board that stay safely within the listed rules can go on and post whatever they want I dont care....., believe whatever they want, I sure dont care what they are into,,,

The door here on the Walter Martin Message Board is wide open and people are invited to come and enjoy their time here.

But as I said, just stay within the given rules and you will not have any issues.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 03-14-2017 at 02:24 PM.

dberrie2000

Oh I dont care if you believe in the rules...
    That you post something which isn't true has nothing to do with me believing in the rules.

I just want to know why your quote box has false information in it?

There is no such rule posted in the "forum rules" section:

"From the Forum RULES : "As you know, the Walter Martin website takes the position that Mormon theology is not Christian theology. Use of the term "LDS Christian" is inaccurate and misleading, and as such is not acceptable on this board."

And to top that--you place that in quotation marks--along with the source--which there is no such quotation in the "forum rules".

Why would a moderator do that? I thought they should set the example for all. There just isn't any truth to it--period.

alanmolstad

I just want to know why your quote box has false information in it?.
    Its a real rule, and it will be really enforced...

thats all you need to know

dberrie2000

Its a real rule, and it will be really enforced...thats all you need to know
    Whether you believe it's a real rule has nothing to do with the fact you are advertising it as a "forum rule"--and it isn't listed in the forum rules. What other rules have you added that we might need to know about?

alanmolstad

I dont make the rules...I just enforce them.

I try to read most of the posts, and at the current time I see all members of the board posting within the stated rules...(So my *** has been kinda easy )

I do not expect all members to agree with every rule that govern this site (I dont think anyone expects everyone to always like every rule all the time, And its common to run into people of one religion that always think the "other side" is getting away with things), but if they want a chance to post here they will find that as long as I have any say in the matter they will get that chance.

But it is contingent on as long as they keep to the letter and spirit of the rules that all members are expected to keep.
    As it should be....
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 03-14-2017 at 05:42 PM.

dberrie2000

I dont make the rules...I just enforce them.
    Whether you enforce the rules or not--you shouldn't post a false source for the rule. There is no such rule in the "forum rules"--regardless of who enforces the rules.

That's a false claim. Should a moderator be making false claims about the rules?

alanmolstad

Just follow the rules as they are written by the owner Jill and as I have , (rather patiently), explained to you.

Do this and you will have few things to worry about.

Remember I dont make the rules I just read them the same as you, the same as they are presented for all to see and learn from, and I will do my best at making sure they are applied and enforced.

Now as for the rule that you are so curious about,,,
    This is the Rule and I quote "As you know, the Walter Martin website takes the position that Mormon theology is not Christian theology. Use of the term "LDS Christian" is inaccurate and misleading, and as such is not acceptable on this board.""

This means that we shall not be confusing "Mormon theology" with "Christian theology" here, and thus the use of term " LDS (Latter Day Saint or Mormon)Christian" shall not be seen as "acceptable" here.

Thats what Jill has posted, that is how we will roll here.

case-closed.

If you have a problem with that, send me a private message and I will hear your thoughts on the topic (as long as you make them in a respectful manner.)
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 03-14-2017 at 07:35 PM.

dberrie2000

Just follow the rules as they are written by the owner Jill and as I have , (rather patiently), explained to you.

Do this and you will have few things to worry about.

Remember I dont make the rules I just read them the same as you, the same as they are presented for all to see and learn from, and I will do my best at making sure they are applied and enforced.

Now as for the rule that you are so curious about,,,
    This is the Rule and I quote "As you know, the Walter Martin website takes the position that Mormon theology is not Christian theology. Use of the term "LDS Christian" is inaccurate and misleading, and as such is not acceptable on this board.""

This means that we shall not be confusing "Mormon theology" with "Christian theology" here, and thus the use of term " LDS (Latter Day Saint or Mormon)Christian" shall not be seen as "acceptable" here.

Thats what Jill has posted, that is how we will roll here.

case-closed.

If you have a problem with that, send me a private message and I will hear your thoughts on the topic (as long as you make them in a respectful manner.)
    Alan--I don't know how you believe to possess the right to dictate to anyone they don't have the right to claim they are Christians--but that is not going to work for me.

I'm an LDS Christian--and a Biblical LDS Christian.

All have a right to disagree with that statement--but not to dictate to me I don't have the right to claim to be a Christian, and there is no such rule in the "forum rules".

alanmolstad

well...actually in your own private life I dont really care if you call yourself the "Man in the Moon", that ain't my ***.

In your own house you might have the "right" to do all kinds of things, but on a message board you dont have any so-called "rights' at all....

None!...
    Zero!...

All any of us have is an "opportunity"
    An opportunity , subject to the willingness of the owner and staff of the site to allow someone to be here.
    So being at any message forum such as this is not a "right".
    It might be considered at best a nice "privilege" and that's all, so we best never forget that.

Im just saying that when we are on this message board we will ALL maintain the comments we post to be within the letter and spirit of the stated rules as given us by the owner of this site regardless if we agree with them or not.

So if a member of our forum has a problem with that?...It's none of my concern, the door is always open, no one is forcing anyone to be here.

I dont make the rules, but I will be enforcing the rules as given us by the owner. (that actually is my only ***)
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 03-15-2017 at 04:46 AM.

dberrie2000

well...actually in your own private life I dont really care if you call yourself the "Man in the Moon", that ain't my ***.

In your own house you might have the "right" to do all kinds of things, but on a message board you dont have any so-called "rights' at all....

None!...
    Zero!...

All any of us have is an "opportunity"
    An opportunity , subject to the willingness of the owner and staff of the site to allow someone to be here.
    So being at any message forum such as this is not a "right".
    It might be considered at best a nice "privilege" and that's all, so we best never forget that.

Im just saying that when we are on this message board we will ALL maintain the comments we post to be within the letter and spirit of the stated rules as given us by the owner of this site regardless if we agree with them or not.

So if a member of our forum has a problem with that?...It's none of my concern, the door is always open, no one is forcing anyone to be here.

I dont make the rules, but I will be enforcing the rules as given us by the owner. (that actually is my only ***)
    Alan--again, no one is going to tell me I don't have the right to claim to be Christian, and neither is it in the "forum rules", as you claim. You do whatever you believe you have to do.

alanmolstad

when you first registered to this site you agreed to play by the common rules....and these are the rules.

They are the rules and they are going to be enforced here.

This should come as no surprise as they were posted onto the Mormon forum on 06-27-2009 and have remained posted for all to see from that date.

I had a discussion with a few members of this forum a while ago when I saw that they enjoyed to use the term "anti-Mormon".
    I had to inform them that the term "anti-Mormon" was also specifically not allowed.

At first they kicked up a bit of a storm at learning that their favorite phrase was and always had been against the rules,
    But they did a bit of checking on their own and confirmed what I was saying was true.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 03-15-2017 at 06:44 AM.

dberrie2000

when you first registered to this site you agreed to play by the common rules....and these are the rules.

They are the rules and they are going to be enforced here.
    Alan, for me-the "common rules" are those which one finds in "forum rules"--and I have abided by those rules, to the best of my ability, and hold no animosity toward anyone here. In fact--I have had a very enjoyable time here.

There is nothing in those "forum rules"--which states it is against the rules to claim one is a Christian. Nor is there anything which states signature lines are part of the rules.

You have claimed your signature line comes from the "forum rules"--which is just not true. There is no such rule found in the "forum rules". The posters here deserve a clear and concise "forum rules" to understand what is expected of them--not what a moderator uses as a signature line.

When one comes here--they are asked to review the "forum rules"--not a signature line. I believe we deserve a better and more concise "forum rules" than the shifting sands of someone who claims rules are part of the "forum rules"--which appear nowhere within those "forum rules".

alanmolstad

again, as long as you maintain your posts "within" the guidelines set forth by the owner, I don't have a problem with any of the things people post.

However if a person breaks a rule, then there is a system set up to handle such things.

If you or anyone else has a question as to what is and is not allowed?...just ask.

Im always open to receiving a Private Message to hear the other side as long as people show respect.

I can understand there is naturally going to be a period of adjustment as this Walter Martin board did not have anyone officially listed as a MOD for a long time, so I can cut people some slack, I understand there might be some "issues" to get past at first.

But I dont make the rules, I just am tasked now to make sure we all play by the same rules.

Finally, as I said, the goal here is to maintain the rules as given so that every person has an equal opportunity to post a comment.
    No member has a "right" to post here, but they can enjoy the "privilege" as long as they do so showing good manners.

The rules state that you cant refer to "Mormon Theology" as "Christian Theology" and so you cant use the phrase "LDS (Mormon) Christian"...so thats going to be enforced here.

The rules state that you can not use the phrase "anti-Mormon" nor the phrase ""Circuit Mormon"
    Thats the way it is, I dont make the rules...

Keep your posts within the letter and spirit of the rules, and you wont hear squat from me.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 03-15-2017 at 07:24 AM.