Thread: The Christian faith

dberrie2000

Default The Christian faith

Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post ...yes.....we dont have a "works salvation" in the Christian faith.

In other words, I do not keep needing to do 'works' to keep myself saved.
    Can anyone explain the anomaly between the claim above--and what the Biblical scriptures testify to?

1 Timothy 4:16---King James Version (KJV)
    16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.
    Last edited by dberrie2000; 05-04-2017 at 11:20 AM.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post ...yes.....we dont have a "works salvation" in the Christian faith.

In other words, I do not keep needing to do 'works' to keep myself saved.

yes, it is not me who performs works to get or stay saved...
    Rather it is me who is doing works because he is saved.

And in truth it is not my works at all, but the Lord's that are worked via my life , for no good things are mine alone in my life, but all such things are of God's doing.

Thus there is no such thing in my Christian Faith as "works salvation" for if there were then that would mean that God owed me my salvation due to my good works.

Now some in the world of the CULTS look at my words and ask me - , "But Alan does not the Bible say "Work out your salvation..?"
    But the answer to that question is to always point out that that is not where that teaching stops in the Bible, for if you keep reading you will see how it is really God who is doing the works and not us.

That is why in verses like in 1st Tim you see the encouragement to keep at it, and keep spreading the word of Jesus to the world.

For while the works that we do we do not do on our own, we yet can quench the Spirit on our own!
    We can do the wrong thing
    We can come to the wrong choice.
    We can walk the wrong way.

Or in young Tim's case, the way some of us can be guilty of neglecting the gifts we have been given.

So while we know that , just as in young Tim's case, we are not in danger of being lost due to our problems, we can set a better example to others if we listen to the Lord's encouragements and continue in the work of spreading the message of Christ.
    We therefore can "save" ourselves a lot of problems and to all who look to us as an example of what a Christian is, by always seeking to do what it right.

So I do what is right, not to keep myself saved, nor to earn my salvation, rather I do what is right because that saves me a lot of problems down the line, and i also set a far better example for others to learn from.

And this all agrees with the verse that says we a re "SAVED BY GRACE THOUGH FAITH AND NOT BY WORKS!"

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    yes, it is not me who performs works to get or stay saved...Rather it is me who is doing works because he is saved.

And in truth it is not my works at all, but the Lord's that are worked via my life , for no good things are mine alone in my life, but all such things are of God's doing.

Thus there is no such thing in my Christian Faith as "works salvation" for if there were then that would mean that God owed me my salvation due to my good works.
    It isn't Jesus being judged according to your works--but each individual--after death--and that for life or ****ation:

John 5:28-29---King James Version (KJV)
    28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
    29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of ****ation.

Matthew 16:27---King James Version (KJV)
    27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

So--is your claim that if Jesus judges every man according to works--and that for life or ****ation--that means Jesus owes those who have done--eternal life?