I have been trying to reply to DB in the topic Born Again and could not post so I am trying here.

Hi DB,

You are treating baptism as you treat good works, things that must be done in order to be saved. If you look at the following scripture (Luke 7:50) you will
see that neither baptism or works was mentioned by Jesus, because they become a natural part of the believers life. Think of the Ethiopian eunuch in Acts 8 when he asked to be baptized,” And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.” Baptism is for believers but it does not save you, faith saves you.

Then He said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you. Go in peace.” Luke 7:50
And just what is this "faith" that saved this woman? What does "faith" really mean? Does "faith" mean becoming a member of a particular religion or religious sect? Does "faith" mean going to church, getting baptized or doing good works? Does "faith" mean saying "I am saved"? The word "faith" here has been translated from the Greek word pistis which means, "conviction of the truth of anything" and "the character of one who can be relied on." Jesus had not created any type of religious sect: He didn't erect temples or churches and did not put together an organization. Therefore his use of the word "faith" had nothing to do with joining any religion or sect or performing any specific rituals.
The "faith" that Jesus was referring to with this woman was her confidence that Jesus' teachings were true, and were coming from God. This is why the Bible tells us we are saved by faith, saved by the conviction and trust that the Gospel message is true and that God is willing and able to save us apart from our human effort.