Thread: Embracing Hell with a P***ion

Default Embracing Hell with a P***ion

Why would any Mormon spend a good portion of his waking hours here and elsewhere fighting against the Christian belief that we are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ? But what's worse (because flawed soteriology will not really send a person to Hell, we see it in Catholics, the EOs, and Copts as well), what is truly amazing is why somebody would actually claim to be a Mormon and go about posting that Satan is a real and powerful God and will rule over an everlasting kingdom? Now, since FAIR, itself, has denied that this is Mormon doctrine (and we ***ume they speak for "the Brethren) we must ask ourselves this: "does a person calling himself a Mormon who teaches false doctrines about Satan really represent the Mormon cult?" And if his doctrines do not represent Mormonism, why does he post here?

Is there a branch, a subcult within the LDS, that holds these bizarre beliefs? That embraces Hell with a p***ion?
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    Why would any Mormon spend a good portion of his waking hours here and elsewhere fighting against the Christian belief that we are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ? But what's worse (because flawed soteriology will not really send a person to Hell, we see it in Catholics, the EOs, and Copts as well), what is truly amazing is why somebody would actually claim to be a Mormon and go about posting that Satan is a real and powerful God and will rule over an everlasting kingdom? Now, since FAIR, itself, has denied that this is Mormon doctrine (and we ***ume they speak for "the Brethren) we must ask ourselves this: "does a person calling himself a Mormon who teaches false doctrines about Satan really represent the Mormon cult?" And if his doctrines do not represent Mormonism, why does he post here?

Is there a branch, a subcult within the LDS, that holds these bizarre beliefs? That embraces Hell with a p***ion?
    As you said
    Disobedience to the commandment to follow the Jesus of the Bible does carry an eternal consequence as I'm sure Fig has found out by now.
    In your own way, you have embraced obedience as a tenet of having faith in Christ--even if it showed no charity to Fig.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    As you said

In your own way, you have embraced obedience as a tenet of having faith in Christ--even if it showed no charity to Fig.

So, are you saying that Satan is god? A real and powerful god? I really don't take any condemnation from you, my dear, knowing that you follow a Pedophile and have renounced Christianity.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

As you said

you made a very astute observation. and it is indeed sad that some people would by like the wesboro baptists and p*** condemnatory judgments on people who have p***ed away. fig was a good friend of mine, so i am actually glad that a thread he started before he died is still alive here, years later.
    From the forum rules: "The definition of a derogatory term is one that insults, belittles or treats a group or individual with contempt. "

"If you have to resort to making fun of people and their ideas, you have nothing valuable to contribute here."

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    From the forum rules: "The definition of a derogatory term is one that insults, belittles or treats a group or individual with contempt. "

"If you have to resort to making fun of people and their ideas, you have nothing valuable to contribute here."
    I'm wondering when that rule is going to be enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Dberrie, I have learned that those in power often does not see the insults they give to others. It is a hidden bias that they themselves do not recognize. It is an interesting phenomenon to watch.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

alanmolstad

if any member of the forum believes that they see a posted comment that is against the rules, then here is what you should do...

Report it.

When you click on the thing to report a bad post, there is a spot provided for you to state where the bad post is, and what rule you believe is broken by it.
    This is also the place where you can make your case as to why this is important to you.

In many ways the health of a forum is all up to it's membership.
    I can post and post suggestions on how to show good manners until my arms fall off and its pointless unless the members start to take things serious and step up and demand that everyone play by the same rules regardless of their religion that claim.

I cant be expected to read every post on the board every day of the year....

By Reporting a bad post you help become the solution to the very things you seem to be complaining about ...

In many ways the forum reflects what you are willing or not willing to put up with too you know.....

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    if any member of the forum believes that they see a posted comment that is against the rules, then here is what you should do...

Report it.

When you click on the thing to report a bad post, there is a spot provided for you to state where the bad post is, and what rule you believe is broken by it.
    This is also the place where you can make your case as to why this is important to you.

In many ways the health of a forum is all up to it's membership.
    I can post and post suggestions on how to show good manners until my arms fall off and its pointless unless the members start to take things serious and step up and demand that everyone play by the same rules regardless of their religion that claim.

I cant be expected to read every post on the board every day of the year....

By Reporting a bad post you help become the solution to the very things you seem to be complaining about ...

In many ways the forum reflects what you are willing or not willing to put up with too you know.....
    I can see if it is a single incident--but what about Apologette who insults post after post?

alanmolstad

I can see if it is a single incident--but what about Apologette who insults post after post?
    Im not sure how many different ways i can say the same thing?

But, lets go over this once again.....(I know that the WM message board has not been known to have a Mod much around in the past, so I do understand that there is some adjustments to be made to this new situation )

In the past I know a lot of members of this forum felt that they had to try to handle problems with other members all on their own...and so it might be true that a lot of members are not yet used to seeing something wrong appear on the board and knowing what to do about it to get things corrected.

But there is a Mod now here, and the Mod wants everyone to know the following -
    If any member thinks that a comment that has been posted on the forum is against the rules, then the correct thing to do is to REPORT the bad post.
    There is a thing that you can click on, (I think its in the lower left hand corner of every post ) that will bring up a screen where you can write the location of the bad post, the rule you believe is broken, (the location of where you found the rule will be helpful to support your claim) and this also is the place to state your case as to why you have a problem with the posted comment in question.

The other thing you can do is, put the other guy's name on your IGNORE LIST !
    oh how I wish more people would do this simple thing and end all the pointless bickering......

I know these ideas are nothing new, but I would really like it if everyone would consider this path Im suggesting because I believe it would cause everyone to feel more like they have a real ability to share in keeping the whole forum a nice and safe place to hang out and share ideas.

This forum is also a reflection on you too,

Im not sure how many different ways i can say the same thing?

But, lets go over this once again.....(I know that the WM message board has not been known to have a Mod much around in the past, so I do understand that there is some adjustments to be made to this new situation )

In the past I know a lot of members of this forum felt that they had to try to handle problems with other members all on their own...and so it might be true that a lot of members are not yet used to seeing something wrong appear on the board and knowing what to do about it to get things corrected.

But there is a Mod now here, and the Mod wants everyone to know the following -
    If any member thinks that a comment that has been posted on the forum is against the rules, then the correct thing to do is to REPORT the bad post.
    There is a thing that you can click on, (I think its in the lower left hand corner of every post ) that will bring up a screen where you can write the location of the bad post, the rule you believe is broken, (the location of where you found the rule will be helpful to support your claim) and this also is the place to state your case as to why you have a problem with the posted comment in question.

The other thing you can do is, put the other guy's name on your IGNORE LIST !
    oh how I wish more people would do this simple thing and end all the pointless bickering......

I know these ideas are nothing new, but I would really like it if everyone would consider this path Im suggesting because I believe it would cause everyone to feel more like they have a real ability to share in keeping the whole forum a nice and safe place to hang out and share ideas.

This forum is also a reflection on you too,
    I guess it is just surprising that as a mod, you waited so long to call this stuff out.

alanmolstad

I guess it is just surprising that as a mod, you waited so long to call this stuff out.
    It's not the only issue I have had to deal with you know...

This website itself has been my biggest concern as of late.

I think I have been listed as the "Super" Mod for less than a week, and in that short time there have been more than enough things to keep me very busy.

Im sure there are more issues in the future that will also cause members to ask - "Why didn't you do something earlier?"

dberrie2000

Why would any Mormon spend a good portion of his waking hours here and elsewhere fighting against the Christian belief that we are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ?
    Could you give us a cite where anyone has denied one is saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ?

What the Biblical writers--and the LDS--hold in common, is that the faith spoken of in the Biblical NT is not a dead faith--but a faith with works.

Anyone who preaches God extends His grace unto life without any acts of obedience to Jesus Christ--is not in harmony with what the Biblical writers testify to:

1 Peter 1:13-17---King James Version (KJV)
    13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
    14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
    15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
    16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
    17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, p*** the time of your sojourning here in fear:

It's not the only issue I have had to deal with you know...

This website itself has been my biggest concern as of late.

I think I have been listed as the "Super" Mod for less than a week, and in that short time there have been more than enough things to keep me very busy.

Im sure there are more issues in the future that will also cause members to ask - "Why didn't you do something earlier?"
    Alan-just say you goofed, you responded to a post that was a direct attack on a member and you missed it. It is not that hard to do.

alanmolstad

I have received no reports of any rule breaking...
    If you find any posts that you think are against the rules, report it and leave the location so the Mod can find it.

as for the rest of your post?
    ..... I get a lot of advice sent my way from members that have lots of ideas on what I should do...

Could you give us a cite where anyone has denied one is saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ?

What the Biblical writers--and the LDS--hold in common, is that the faith spoken of in the Biblical NT is not a dead faith--but a faith with works.

Anyone who preaches God extends His grace unto life without any acts of obedience to Jesus Christ--is not in harmony with what the Biblical writers testify to:

1 Peter 1:13-17---King James Version (KJV)
    13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
    14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
    15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
    16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
    17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, p*** the time of your sojourning here in fear:
    Apologette understands this point. As she said
    Disobedience to the commandment to follow the Jesus of the Bible does carry an eternal consequence as I'm sure Fig has found out by now.
    She will fight against our belief to the hilt, but when push comes to shove, she knows it is true already.

I have received no reports of any rule breaking...
    If you find any posts that you think are against the rules, report it and leave the location so the Mod can find it.

as for the rest of your post?
    ..... I get a lot of advice sent my way from members that have lots of ideas on what I should do...
    As you were responding to the insulting posts and put-downs, I ***umed you were reading them. My bad.

alanmolstad

I forgive you....

dberrie2000

Apologette understands this point. As she said

She will fight against our belief to the hilt, but when push comes to shove, she knows it is true already.
    I agree with your observation--and believe that might be one of the reasons she fights so hard against it.