Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Spamming"

alanmolstad

I'm am very please to report that I find no more indications of anyone spamming, nor am I receiving any reports of any going on.
    The whole forum seems very much to be self-correcting and I have not needed to intervene as Super Mod and deal with any issues.
    Members are showing how to properly debate and disagree without being disagreeable.
    I credit this to member's faith and family as they show here to have been raised knowing good manners are a great value.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    On this well known other forum Im a member of a person was complaining at being recently banned for what he claimed was just for posting a question the mod's did not like.

Well....I remember that incident.

And what the guy actually did was post the same single question about 20 times in a row!

Thats spamming the forum, and that got him banned for about 2 weeks..

But thats not the way he tells the story....

because we get a lot of people who are stuck in the world of the CULTS on this forum I have also come to see that they tend to use copy/paste a lot of times to save them from needing to think of their own answers.

We had a Mormon here last year and he was shocked that I would not allow him to simply keep posting the same thing over and over !
    What he was actually doing was simply copy/pasting off of a Mormon site onto our forum here.
    I noticed that his answers to all questions soon became nothing more than pasting the same stuff from his Mormon site , ..

Over and over he kept pasting the same stuff.

I sent him a warning, and he objected to it...but after a while I noticed that he stopped doing the copy/pasting and started to try to answer questions on his own.
    The problem he ran into at that point was that he simply had few answers on his own and had been doing the copy/past thing for years and years so he had really nothing to draw on when he was asked to give his own answers here.