Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Reason we should never "aim" a topic at a Mormon by name.

alanmolstad

Default The Reason we should never "aim" a topic at a Mormon by name.

1st...its against the rules!

Mormons have a right to expect the Christians who frequent this site to always play by the same rules they are expected to follow too.

Christians ( or other faiths too for that matter) should make a effort to show respect for the Mormon guests that stop by this message board to read the posts.

The best way to show that proper respect for the Mormon guests is to always follow the same rules that we all agreed to play by when we first Logged-On to this website.

THERE IS A RULE AGAINST AIMING ANY TOPIC BY NAME AT OTHER MEMBERS OF THIS MESSAGE BOARD!

Go read the rules kids, there is a very clear underlined rule against aiming a topic at another member of this message board.

I think this is the very best rule of all rules as it keeps this whole forum from turning into a place where personal attacks are the norm.

If you have an issue with what another member of the board is doing or has said, then go report it to Jill (the owner), and place the member on your ignore list.

Thats all you can do, and all you need to do.

the tendency I see now going on is to start a whole topic where people ***le the topic aimed at one member of this board and then use that topic to attack that person by name.

This is a slippery path kids, because it leads us down a dark path where everyone is posting topics against everyone else by name...and so the reputation of this whole forum becomes that it is a place where people get attacked by name.

A forum like this should be seen as a place that is free from such overly-personal attacks.

each person here is just a "Guest" with no more rights than anyone else.

There is no rule here that everyone has to agree.

There is no rule here that everyone has to tell the truth.

There is no rule here that everyone has to be correct.

We are all just simply guests, and therefore we should all follow the same rules and act like guests that show respect for the rules and for each other.

People that break the rules and aim topics by name at other guests of this forum set a very bad example, as well as they become a poor reflection of the Faith they claim is their own.

You can aim posts at other guests...
    But not topics by name.

I understand that this may be now happening because of ignorance of the rules on this issue.....fine.
    But I do expect that once people learn of the rules that we are all to follow, that steps will be taken to make placing their names on my ignore list unneeded.

]
    edited for style
    Last edited by Apologette; 10-07-2012 at 12:30 PM.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    ]

Well maybe you should aim your comments at the Mormons who are here har***ing Christians - .
    Again....there is no way that you can try to get out of blame for starting a topic that is ***led at another member of this message board (clearly against the rules), by pointing to someone else and say. "They started it!"

if you have a problem with ANYONE on this forum you have a easy fix to the situation...
    Step 1 - Report the problem to Jill (The owner)
    Step 2 - Place the person you have an issue with on your IGNORE LIST....and be done with it.

Thats all you can do within the rules....and that is all you need to do to solve the problem and get on with life.

Read the rules
    Live within the rules...

edited for style
    Last edited by Apologette; 10-07-2012 at 12:30 PM.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

edited for style.
    Last edited by Apologette; 10-07-2012 at 12:31 PM.

alanmolstad

]

PS: Where were you when they were slandering Ed Decker a few months ago? Not defending him, that's for sure. Did you see the trash they put up about Ed? Where was your guidance then?

Actually, I noticed about a year ago that there was a topic aimed by name at Mr Ed Decker (who is a member of this message board too by the way).

Seeing that this was against the rules, I did two things.

#1 - I reported this to Jill, who after a week or so took down the topic in question.

#2 - I warned the person who started the topic that unless they took steps to have the topic cleared that I would place their name on my IGNORE list....

They refused....(They acted like they had a right to play by their own set of rules because of the actions of others too just like you are saying)

My response? I placed their name on my ignore list.

I later noticed that the offending topic had been removed and so I felt that as the correct action had been taken by Jill to maintain order according to the given rules, i then removed the person's name from my Ignore List....as i suggested other do also who had followed me in adding their name to their own Ignore lists.

The issue had been dealt with, resolved, and we all moved on.

Thus, at this moment I feel the need to also infor you that I have now sent a notice to the owner of this website that there is a new topic that has been given a ***le that is clearly against the rules of this message Board.

This is step #1...

Step #2 - is to also inform you that unless you stop "CHEATING" and playing by your own rules i will be forced to add your own name to my ignore list and suggest other follow in order to make a statement that ALL of us should show respect for Jill's rules.....

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Actually, I noticed about a year ago that there was a topic aimed by name at Mr Ed Decker (who is a member of this message board too by the way).

Seeing that this was against the rules, I did two things.

#1 - I reported this to Jill, who after a week or so took down the topic in question.

#2 - I warned the person who started the topic that unless they took steps to have the topic cleared that I would place their name on my IGNORE list....

They refused....(They acted like they had a right to play by their own set of rules because of the actions of others too just like you are saying)

My response? I placed their name on my ignore list.

I later noticed that the offending topic had been removed and so I felt that as the correct action had been taken by Jill to maintain order according to the given rules, i then removed the person's name from my Ignore List....as i suggested other do also who had followed me in adding their name to their own Ignore lists.

The issue had been dealt with, resolved, and we all moved on.

Thus, at this moment I feel the need to also infor you that I have now sent a notice to the owner of this website that there is a new topic that has been given a ***le that is clearly against the rules of this message Board.

This is step #1...

Step #2 - is to also inform you that unless you stop "CHEATING" and playing by your own rules i will be forced to add your own name to my ignore list and suggest other follow in order to make a statement that ALL of us should show respect for Jill's rules.....
    Sure it was removed after I had reported it many times.......with no results by the way. I finally went and personally contacted Ed so that he could come over here to defend himself. Which he did and shut the mouths of the libelous ****s who were defaming him. But then I was reprimanded for contacting Ed, and shortly thereafter suspended for a month.

Don't instruct me, KID!
    I know I'll be suspended soon again, although I don't really see much monitoring over here. As far as I'm concerned, this site has pretty much seen its day. You have two nasty Mormons here, sometimes three. Then you have their fellow-travellers. The Mormons do jack about following rules, but the minute a Christian (and oh, golly gee, a woman at that) speaks out, you're all over them. I see you don't have the intestinal for***ude to stand up to Christian men - might that be a result of your obvious misogynistic problems? Why don't you get off my back and yell at the Mormons (but, then, liberals don't like offending those who attack Christians - it's not politically correct).AND BY THE WAY, ALAN MY BOY, GOD RULES.
    Last edited by Apologette; 10-07-2012 at 08:08 AM.

alanmolstad

Take it eslewhere, I'm not going to submit to you or any other cultic sympathizer ......
    Im only asking you to submit to the same rules we all have to submit to.

These are the rules you have already given your word you would submit to when you clicked on [Agree] when we first loged on to this website.

You gave your word, and now you have broken that word.

Im only asking you to show some respect for Jill who has allowed you to come here as her guest, and for her rules.

edited for style
    Last edited by Apologette; 10-07-2012 at 12:31 PM.

alanmolstad

Don't you get it? It's the MORMONS who aren't submitting .....
    Set a better example then......

Show that no matter how others act that you dont let this change the fact that you always play by the rules.

Show yourself approved, who is not a person that gets swept away into breaking the rules because of your anger.

Be a role model....not just another bad example.

alanmolstad

By breaking the rules you are not defending your faith.....You are embarr***ing it.

by breaking the Jill's rules you are not attacking Mormons....you are attacking Jill.

edited for style
    Last edited by Apologette; 10-07-2012 at 12:32 PM.

alanmolstad

The reason we all have to play by the same rules is that unless we do this place turns into a website where personal attacks are the norm.

it's up to each one of us to remember that we are just a guest here.

we have no more "right" to be here than anyone else.

Our "faith" is not a license to break the rules.

We not only show respect for Jill by keeping her rules, we should respect for our Lord too, by letting it show to the world that we keep our word.

Keeping our word is a great reflection on our faith, and thereby it is a good reflection on out Lord too!

breaking known rules is embarr***ing to ourselves, and is a way to bring shame onto both our faith and our Lord.

But whats worse is, when we refuse to repent of our rule-breaking.
    This is the worst thing we can do because it feeds right into the bad image others may have of our faith.

other will look at our actions to show disrespect to Jill's rules as a common effect of our religion.

Why would anyone be attracted to a religion that condones such disrespect of rules that were agreed to?

You look like a cheater.
    Your faith looks like the faith of cheaters....

This is why we have to be careful what websites we agree to post on and always pay close attention to the rules we agree to follow.
    No one forced us to be here. No one forced us to agree to play by the same rules as everyone else.

but when we break these common rules, no one looks like a poor Christian more than we do at that point.

Pa Pa

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Again....there is no way that you can try to get out of blame for starting a topic that is ***led at another member of this message board (clearly against the rules), by pointing to someone else and say. "They started it!"

if you have a problem with ANYONE on this forum you have a easy fix to the situation...
    Step 1 - Report the problem to Jill (The owner)
    Step 2 - Place the person you have an issue with on your IGNORE LIST....and be done with it.

Thats all you can do within the rules....and that is all you need to do to solve the problem and get on with life.

Read the rules
    Live within the rules...
    That is what did...ignore function is cool.

alanmolstad

what to do when a brother or sister will not change their actions that are an offense to the faith?|

in the bible we are told about a system for handling these situations.

In our situation here with our attempt to get a member of this forum to play by the same rules as everyone else....I would suggest the following way to go.

if someone breaks the rules and aims a topic at other members of this message board by name, then I would first try to point this out to them.

There is no need to bring Jill into this at the start.

Just post in a very general manner about the rules we all agreed to keep.

If that does not work?
    Then if it's allowed i would try to speak to the person one-on-one to see if that might be a way to help the person see that they are being a very bad reflection of our Lord, and thus change their actions.

if that dont work?
    Well, at that point you have to go get others to see if their support can help the person see their error.|
    At this forum wer have the ability to report posts that we have a issue with, and this will inform the forum's owner of a problem.

If that dont work?
    The truth is that not all forums are watched as closely as we would like day to day.
    we have to understand that fact, and understand that we have to just be thankful that while it may take some time, that sooner or later we will see some results of making a report of bad posts.

But, regardless we have the IGNORE setting to end the issue for us and allow us to move on.

What i do in this case next is to write a PM notice to all the persons I see involved in the conversation, and tell them that i have placed someone on my IGNORE list, and given my reasons for doing this.

I then invite everyone to join me in taking this action, even if it is temporary, to show to the person that people of all different faiths have to follow the same rules or this whole website will turn into a nasty place to be.....

Pa Pa

Don't you get it? It's the MORMONS who aren't submitting and are using personal information here. Get lost.
    I was told of your shouting comment...claim down before you make yourself sick.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Pa Pa View Post
    That is what did...ignore function is cool.
    Spread the word!

Each time you see a issue rise up that you think is against the rules, send a report, and then if the problem remains and is getting out of hand, just slap the offending person's name onto your ignore list....

issue solved...

Sir

(and oh, golly gee, a woman at that) speaks out, you're all over them. I see you don't have the intestinal for***ude to stand up to Christian men - might that be a result of your obvious misogynistic problems?
    There it is again. Always goes back to feminist thinking, anti-men ramblings, and counterfeit pop-psychological diagnosis, I do wonder what happened to make apologette so bitter and angry at life in general, but toward men in particular.

It's pretty sad to see this whole thread's exchange.

I don't agree with alan and he probably has me on ignore. Fine.

But to see someone who consideres herself a "christian" to go on a tirade of "they started it and I'm gonna finish it" and "if they can do something bad then so can I" mentality, it does in fact reflect on the rotten fruit of the 'christianity' that she is supposedly witnessing.

Pa Pa

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    There it is again. Always goes back to feminist thinking, anti-men ramblings, and counterfeit pop-psychological diagnosis, I do wonder what happened to make apologette so bitter and angry at life in general, but toward men in particular.
    Social Worker...she told me.

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by Pa Pa View Post
    Social Worker...she told me.
    I know.

You read this thread and you scratch your head when thinking that this same person is actually in a position to help people and help to foster a positive outlook on life in others.

So bitter. So angry. So ironic!

Pa Pa

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    I know.

You read this thread and you scratch your head when thinking that this same person is actually in a position to help people and help to foster a positive outlook on life in others.

So bitter. So angry. So ironic!
    It was a *** where she could promote he anti-man agenda.

edited for style

edited for style

edited for style
    Last edited by Apologette; 10-07-2012 at 12:33 PM.

Sir

Oh, no, it was a supervisory position, investigating claimants. Try again big man! Jealous!
    Yep.....something went horribly wrong in her life regarding men!

Explains the bitter hate toward men and the need to be seen as right. The need for validation and agreement from others.

Not sure who can be jealous of that.