Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phoney 'forever' families of mormons

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    I do not remember hearing them close an ad with the words "The Christians"
    That's because no church would be so arrogant as to call themselves The Christians implying that no one else is.

alanmolstad

far as I know, every church I have been a member of has openly called themselves "Christian"...
    I dont think I have ever been a member of a church that was shy about calling itself such.........I am also proud to call myself a member of "thee" (one and only) christian church....

I dont think you can find a post where I hedged that ***le for my faith, my church, my religion, or......whatever........

alanmolstad

now a better question to ask might be - "Do Mormons like to refer to themselves as "Mormons"?

I do remember when I was growing up that there was some talk that the Mormons I knew were attempting to shy-away from the term "Mormon"...and I also remember that when someone asked if they were Mormon, they would respond, "Well some people do refer to us as such, but we ...."

as far as I know as of late, there are many official Mormon websites that clearly have switched gears again, and now make use of the term "Mormon" without any reservations....

alanmolstad

now, as for the question, "Who do I say they are?"...I fall back on the actuall name of their church.

It's called the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Just think of that name for a second..

It the "church"...of a "Jesus Christ" not of the "Bible" nor of "history", nor of "tradition" nor of anything else you can point to...

rather it's the church of a jesus christ of the "Latter day saints"....(in other words, "Smith")

It's Smith's Jesus....and the church worships the Jesus that Smith invented...

So it all comes down to the question of who does a person today think Smith was?
    Now a Mormon thinks that Smith was a prophet sent from the Lord

I think he was a sexual pervert, that used tall tales to work his way into the beds of younger and younger girls.

He got shot because people had had enough of his sexual perversions.

Smith dies a sexual pervert.

The strong connection between sexual encounters with many young girls and modern religion of "Mormonism" came out to me personally when i worked on a farm owned by a Mormon family in the 80s.
    The men I worked with used to spend a lot of time talking to me about the girls they would one day "claim as wife" in the afterlife...
    I listened many times to the guys talking about which of their wives' friends they were interested in.....

I once talked to a Mormon guy I worked with and he explained to me at length some things i still to this day dont understand...something about the wives of some of his friends whispering a secret name to him???

Im not sure to this day what he was talking about, But from what he was saying, it's a common concept within Mormon "guy-talk"
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 06-16-2017 at 05:21 PM.

far as I know, every church I have been a member of has openly called themselves "Christian"...
    Hey, me too!

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    Hey, me too!
    just as I have never been a member of a church started by a sexual pervert.

Just as I have never been a member of a church started by a guy who used to come up with reasons to get husbands out of town so he could come sniffing around their wives.

"Hey, me too!"?

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    That's because no church would be so arrogant as to call themselves The Christians implying that no one else is.

And yet the UTAH mormons call themselves "THE" mormons, implying that the REST of the 150+ mormon sects AREN'T.

HOW INCONSISTENT!

Default He VERIFIES his religion's falsehood

erunder posted:

Of course I don't want to falsely claim anything; I'm not an anti-Mormon. I truly claim what my church actually teaches, which is the sealing together of the entire family of mankind.

By making such a claim, you are VERIFYING that your church is actually committing fraud when it promotes 'forever FAMILIES' (PLURAL referring to the NUCLEAR FAMILY). . .I seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Just as I have never been a member of a church started by a guy who used to come up with reasons to get husbands out of town so he could come sniffing around their wives.
    Hey, neither have I!

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    And yet the UTAH mormons call themselves "THE" mormons, implying that the REST of the 150+ mormon sects AREN'T.
    Bad ****ogy. "Mormon" actually does imply membership in a specific denomination, whereas "Christian" does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    By making such a claim, you are VERIFYING that your church is actually committing fraud when it promotes 'forever FAMILIES' (PLURAL referring to the NUCLEAR FAMILY).
    Hardly. Each nuclear family is a component of the larger family of mankind, not separate and distinct from all other families.

Can you prove it? What denomination do you belong to?

By the way, you might want to re-think your recent comments in light of the forum rules as quoted in my sig line.
    From the forum rules: "The definition of a derogatory term is one that insults, belittles or treats a group or individual with contempt. "

"If you have to resort to making fun of people and their ideas, you have nothing valuable to contribute here."

alanmolstad

Picking a fight with the Mod?

Does that even sound like a smart idea?

(You might want to choose your next words very carefully)