Thread: Bible Answer Man’ Booted From Bott Radio Network

alanmolstad

Default Bible Answer Man’ Booted From Bott Radio Network

alanmolstad

My own view of the story is that....I did not expect it.

I have not listened to the BAM show in over 20 years or more, but from the recordings of Hank I never knew he was into this other church stuff .

I have not heard a recording where he suggested that he was converting.
    It was all out of the blue as far as i knew.

Just more proof that anyone can be deceived.

alanmolstad

does the guy have family in the church or something like that?...in-laws....?....

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    does the guy have family in the church or something like that?...in-laws....?....
    see I dont know Hank personally, I just have listened to a very few of his recordings on YouTube.
    I have not listened ever to the current Bible Answer man call-in shows...so I cant say much about what hank was teaching .

But I have not heard before now that Hank was pushing the theology of his new church.
    I have not read anywhere before this news broke that hank was changing his tune on teachings that his new church does push.....like the "Mary ever-virgin" stuff.

Now perhaps he was changing his tune on teachings and I just have been out of the loop so far on his views that I did not know this?

Perhaps Hank has had a reputation for teaching the ideas pushed by his new church?

I would not know if he did that or not?

From my own POV this whole news about him joining this new church came out of the blue.
    No one told me he was into this church's teachings .
    I never read any Christian News story about Hank pushing such teachings.

I have not yet found a YouTube video where Hank is defending such teachings in such a way as to lead anyone to understand he was about to actually coinvert to this type of church.

I guess what Im saying is that I would believe that Hank had other reasons to convert....I dont know what those reasons would be?
    But ....well.....there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    see I dont know Hank personally, I just have listened to a very few of his recordings on YouTube.
    I have not listened ever to the current Bible Answer man call-in shows...so I cant say much about what hank was teaching .

But I have not heard before now that Hank was pushing the theology of his new church.
    I have not read anywhere before this news broke that hank was changing his tune on teachings that his new church does push.....like the "Mary ever-virgin" stuff.

Now perhaps he was changing his tune on teachings and I just have been out of the loop so far on his views that I did not know this?

Perhaps Hank has had a reputation for teaching the ideas pushed by his new church?

I would not know if he did that or not?

From my own POV this whole news about him joining this new church came out of the blue.
    No one told me he was into this church's teachings .
    I never read any Christian News story about Hank pushing such teachings.

I have not yet found a YouTube video where Hank is defending such teachings in such a way as to lead anyone to understand he was about to actually coinvert to this type of church.

I guess what Im saying is that I would believe that Hank had other reasons to convert....I dont know what those reasons would be?
    But ....well.....there you go.
    I came seeking this thread because I just listened to a BAM broadcast, and was wondering what other people thought about Hank's direction. The reasons he cited for joining the Greek Orthodox was:
    1. He has been a long time disillusioned about Protestant teachers; he cited the worst-case aberrant teachings of WOF preachers such as Osteen. I know from past testimony that he had background in the Pentecostal and Charismatic movement. I was part of that hubbub myself for about 20 years, and I've seen and heard enough wierdness that could send anyone as far away from it as possible.
    2. He had decided recently to do some additional research and searching for worshipping at a different denomination (not sure of the one he was in). After a few months, his family followed him into the Greek Orthodox. I'm sure his reasons for the search in the first place was very complex, and it usually is. I get the idea he was looking for something that has roots in the distant past. Both Orthodox and Catholic claim authoritarian roots back to the apostles.
    3. He was wanting to experience the "real presence" of Christ in the Eucharist, and subsequently found his experience (my words describing his testimony). So his joining that denomination was experiential in additional to relational, in which he was positively impressed by the people there.

I noticed that Hank has changed his tune in regard to the doctrine of eternal security, which may be reflecting his conversion to Orthodoxy. If my memory serves me correctly, he used to teach Eternal Security (or "perseverance of the saints" or whatever you want to call it) quite emphatically. But today when someone asked him that question, he responded by giving the ****ogy of a marriage relationship, in which if a person doesn't develop that relationship and eventually walks away from it, that it may end up in divorce. I guess he forgot about Peter's very clear statement that we are "kept by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time," and the fact that the power of God to keep us in faith is infinitely stronger than a mere marriage relationship.

This is very disappointing to me, and I am even more disinclined to support him. However, I am still somewhat interested in his new book "Muslim," and looking forward to reading it.
    TD

alanmolstad

Hank has a form of cancer...So I will withhold any judgements for now...

i dont really have much interest in his ministry , I did listen all the time to Walter Martin, but once he was gone I kinda never listened to the show any more.

I have only listened to a few Youtube videos of the Hank show, and all I know for sure is that Hank lacks a lot......compared to Walter.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 05-09-2017 at 05:18 PM.