Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by jude1:3 View Post
    • The Essenes were Not a cult

I kinda think they were....

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Well, you're wrong then.
    The Fruits of Macroevolution are: Atheism, Social Darwinism, Racism, Eugenics and No Moral Absolutes.

They were faithful to God and faithful to making copies of the scriptures. Thanks to them and God for faithfully hiding the scriptures for us to find in the Dead Sea Scrolls.
    The Fruits of Macroevolution are: Atheism, Social Darwinism, Racism, Eugenics and No Moral Absolutes.

alanmolstad

They were faithful to God and faithful to making copies of the scriptures. Thanks to them and God for faithfully hiding the scriptures for us to find in the Dead Sea Scrolls.
    They were an off shoot jewish cult that had weird rules and died out...case closed

They were an off shoot jewish cult that had weird rules and died out...case closed

No, you're wrong. They were the precursor to Christian Monks and Monastics. Their legacy lives on through the findings of The Dead Sea Scrolls.

Those rules helped with the transmitting of Holy Scriptures.

alanmolstad

They were a bad idea that died out and the suggestion they had anything to do with the Dead Sea Scrolls is not proved..

I have read that the place where the Scrolls were found might have just been a summer vacation spot for rich Romans too....so it's not clear

alanmolstad

Cults that go off into the wilderness because they believe that the world is about to end...history is filled with such...

All of them have one key thing in common. ..

They all were equally wrong

They were a bad idea that died out and the suggestion they had anything to do with the Dead Sea Scrolls is not proved..

I have read that the place where the Scrolls were found might have just been a summer vacation spot for rich Romans too....so it's not clear

You're just making up stuff.

http://www.crystalinks.com/deadseascrolls.html

alanmolstad

No I never make anything up.
    All I have posted on this or any topic is what I was taught by Walter martin from listening to him or from teachers well respected in the church

the suggestion they had anything to do with the Dead Sea Scrolls is not proved..

^^^ This is what you are making up.

alanmolstad

^^^ This is what you are making up.
    You need to do a bit of research before you post such things.

All I have written is in FACT how it is...

alanmolstad

The newest findings of science are casting doubt on all the past teachings about everything connecting these people to the Dead Sea Scrolls.

It is now doubted they even lived where it had been taught.

alanmolstad

Also the whole idea that these guys spent so much time writing the Scrolls is also now in doubt.

alanmolstad

And....the buildings that once we're believed to be where they worked on scrolls turns out to have nothing to do with such stuff....

The thinking now is that it was built as a center to make pottery. Or was a vacation home of a rich family
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 07-25-2017 at 12:15 AM.

alanmolstad

And the idea it was at the time of Christ out in the wilderness alone is now shown to also be in error.
    It now is found to have been a rich suburb with many comings and goings...many people lived in and around the area as it was a easy walk to many centers of trade.

The idea it was off alone is only due to how it looks now....but 2000 years ago it was an important trading area....thus a good place to make pottery
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 07-25-2017 at 12:14 AM.

alanmolstad

As for the Scrolls themselves. ...
    They now are believed to have not all been worked on by a single bunch of scribes....

The thinking now is they are simply a collection that were gathered when Rome started to attack the large city.
    They seem to have signs of being created by many different hands in different places...but gathered in the cave to hide
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 07-25-2017 at 12:12 AM.

alanmolstad

What is also believed now is that there is really nothing that really connects the Essenes to the found scrolls.

alanmolstad

If you do the research you will also see that what I'm posting is the newest findings by science.

Not a word I have posted is stuff I have made up !

alanmolstad

So let's review...

The large stones in history were moved by normal guys who had to work hard to move them.

The large stone you posted a photo of is tilted because they cut it out that way so it would help start down the hill when dragged.
    The book of Enoch is quoted by many church leaders in the past ,yet none of them teach it was inspired and should be on part with the bible.
    Other none bible books are also in the same way quoted by the same men

So the idea that the book of Enoch is part of the inspired bible is in error.

And....

The earth is round and goes around the sun....case closed.

alanmolstad

And.......ALL that I have written are things I have learned ...

NOTHING that I have written is my own ideas!

alanmolstad

The newest teaching that near where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found in caves they made clay pottery fits with the fact that almost all the pottery found with scrolls inside all came from the same source of pottery.
    It now looks like the Essenes were not living in the buildings near the caves but rather the buildings were just a pottery factory.

If they just made pottery there then that explains why they went there to hide the Scrolls because they needed lots and lots of pottery jars quickly.

It looks like they simply ended up there simply because at the time it was handy
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 07-25-2017 at 05:12 AM.

alanmolstad

Now this means that the newest teaching on the Dead Sea Scrolls totally destroys the past view that a bunch of Essenes lived there and we're busy working on scrolls in the buildings near there.

At this time there is little support for the idea that the Essenes lived around where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found.

Now it is likely true that many books and websites are now out of date too.
    My guess is that many people are still stuck with using out of date research and do not yet know what the best views of science teach us today.

Hopefully The Holy Spirit will reveal to you that you are wrong about:

• Evolution
    • Heliocentrism
    • The Book of Enoch
    • The Essenes

alanmolstad

Hopefully The Holy Spirit will reveal to you that you are wrong about:

• Evolution
    • Heliocentrism
    • The Book of Enoch
    • The Essenes
    Name it and claim it.
    King James only.
    The Prosperity doctrine.
    That all men have one less rib than women.
    And the Tooth fairy...

Yes the list of the things I don't believe in must be very troubling for you...

alanmolstad

Just let me know if anything I have presented here is something that you would like to see supported?