Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 89

Thread: Interesting video about The Book of Enoch

  1. #26
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jude1:3 View Post
    I think you guys are wrong.

    Really ask your self how such huge structures and huge stones could have been moved before the use of hydraulic machines. Seriously Though:





    The movement of large stones was not confined to Egypt in ancient times. The Romans moved the so-called Trilithon, weighing 800 tons, from the quarry to the Temple of Jupiter at Baalbek (in eastern Lebanon) in the first century AD. Another stone weighing 1,200 tons, the Hajar el Hibla ("Stone of the Pregnant Woman"), was never separated from its base and lays abandoned.

    (see http://www.catchpenny.org/movebig.html for more info)

  2. #27
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    the answer to "How did they do it?" is that they worked at it.

    They had the man power, they had the desire, and that gave them the means.

    Sometimes the effort failed as in the photo posted above where the Romans were unable to get the block free.

    Now take a look at the Roman block seen in the photo above, its not sitting flat.
    The fact that its not sitting flat is not an accident.
    The blocks were carved this way so that they were all set to help slide down hill to the site where they would be used.
    This is why the place where the stone is carved out of the earth is always up hill from where it is later taken and placed.


    So its just a case of men with the desire and lots and lots of manpower doing things that were hard but do-able.

    No need for UFOs to help lift the stones.

    No need for giants to help move the stones.

    No need to invent all kinds of answers .
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 07-23-2017 at 08:27 AM.

  3. #28
    Senior Member jude1:3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tdidymas View Post
    Incidentally, your feeble attempt at striking fear falls to the ground.
    TD

    I wasn't trying to strike fear. I was trying to show you that the term "Son of Man" came from the Book of Enoch.
    Last edited by jude1:3; 07-23-2017 at 11:43 AM.
    The Fruits of Macroevolution are: Atheism, Social Darwinism, Racism, Eugenics and No Moral Absolutes.

  4. #29
    Senior Member jude1:3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tdidymas View Post
    It's your prerogative to disagree. But what does this brick have to do with the price of tea in China? Either come up with a valid explanation against my internal evidence, or just keep silent.
    TD

    I've already given you evidence.

    You have begun to have a pompous tone. Why is that ?
    The Fruits of Macroevolution are: Atheism, Social Darwinism, Racism, Eugenics and No Moral Absolutes.

  5. #30
    Senior Member jude1:3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Another verse to consider:

    And he took up his parable and said--Enoch a righteous man, whose eyes were opened by God, saw the vision of the Holy One in the heavens, which the angels showed me, and from them I heard everything, and from them I understood as I saw, but not for this generation, but for a remote one which is for to come.

    1 Enoch 1:2



    • Maybe this is why The Book of Enoch was lost for so long.
    The Fruits of Macroevolution are: Atheism, Social Darwinism, Racism, Eugenics and No Moral Absolutes.

  6. #31
    Senior Member jude1:3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Video about The Essenes:


    The Fruits of Macroevolution are: Atheism, Social Darwinism, Racism, Eugenics and No Moral Absolutes.

  7. #32
    Senior Member jude1:3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Another video about The Essenes:


    The Fruits of Macroevolution are: Atheism, Social Darwinism, Racism, Eugenics and No Moral Absolutes.

  8. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jude1:3 View Post
    I wasn't trying to strike fear. I was trying to show you that the term "Son of Man" came from the Book of Enoch.
    The term came from Daniel which was before the Book of Enoch.
    TD

  9. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jude1:3 View Post
    I've already given you evidence.

    You have begun to have a pompous tone. Why is that ?
    If this is all you've got, then I'm done here.
    TD

  10. #35
    Senior Member jude1:3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tdidymas View Post
    If this is all you've got, then I'm done here.
    TD
    More At***ude.

    I didn't respond negatively to you. I just said I thought you guys were wrong.
    The Fruits of Macroevolution are: Atheism, Social Darwinism, Racism, Eugenics and No Moral Absolutes.

  11. #36
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Like I said.....

    Being older does not make a written work inspired.

    Being quoted does not mean something is inspired.



    What we find true is the early church writers felt free to use whatever source they wanted as long as it supported whatever point they wanted to make.
    So this is why we find many pagan sources as well as non-Bible sources quoted in the Bible as well as by early church leaders.






    What I learned in Bible School is that we Christians have to be always ready to one day deal with people that latch-on to something weird and it will cause them to think that "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"......
    An example of this is when we deal with people that claim that some book was taken out of the Bible, or that it is really the "source" for many Christian teachings, etc.


    Over my time on this website I have seen them come and go...

    Like the people that are stuck on the Book of Enoch,
    or the King James Only guys,
    or the people that push the Essenes
    or the "hidden books of the Bible"
    Or the UFO guys,
    or the "Giants did it" guys...etc,etc,etc,


    I have seen first hand that there just are some type of people that latch on to these sideline issues and cant free themselves from being totally consumed with them.

    They tend to ignore reason, facts and logic, but yet seem ever so ready to believe any crazy idea as long as it offered to them the chance to feel like "They know a secret"
    People love to believe that they know a secret.

    CULTS are started by the idea that there is some type of secret out there that only a few people are able to see.

    That is why the use of well-reasoned, logical arguments dont work with such people.

    For they are not driven by logic and reason, but by the feelings they get when they think they know something that no one else does....
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 07-24-2017 at 05:17 AM.

  12. #37
    Senior Member jude1:3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Like I said.....
    CULTS are started by the idea that there is some type of secret out there that only a few people are able to see.

    The Essenes were Not a cult

    The Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church is Not a cult.
    The Fruits of Macroevolution are: Atheism, Social Darwinism, Racism, Eugenics and No Moral Absolutes.

  13. #38
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jude1:3 View Post
    • The Essenes were Not a cult

    .
    I kinda think they were....

  14. #39
    Senior Member jude1:3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    I kinda think they were....
    Well, you're wrong then.
    The Fruits of Macroevolution are: Atheism, Social Darwinism, Racism, Eugenics and No Moral Absolutes.

  15. #40
    Senior Member jude1:3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    I kinda think they were....
    They were faithful to God and faithful to making copies of the scriptures. Thanks to them and God for faithfully hiding the scriptures for us to find in the Dead Sea Scrolls.
    The Fruits of Macroevolution are: Atheism, Social Darwinism, Racism, Eugenics and No Moral Absolutes.

  16. #41
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jude1:3 View Post
    They were faithful to God and faithful to making copies of the scriptures. Thanks to them and God for faithfully hiding the scriptures for us to find in the Dead Sea Scrolls.
    They were an off shoot jewish cult that had weird rules and died out...case closed

  17. #42
    Senior Member jude1:3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    They were an off shoot jewish cult that had weird rules and died out...case closed

    No, you're wrong. They were the precursor to Christian Monks and Monastics. Their legacy lives on through the findings of The Dead Sea Scrolls.

    Those rules helped with the transmitting of Holy Scriptures.
    The Fruits of Macroevolution are: Atheism, Social Darwinism, Racism, Eugenics and No Moral Absolutes.

  18. #43
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    They were a bad idea that died out and the suggestion they had anything to do with the Dead Sea Scrolls is not proved..

    I have read that the place where the Scrolls were found might have just been a summer vacation spot for rich Romans too....so it's not clear

  19. #44
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Cults that go off into the wilderness because they believe that the world is about to end...history is filled with such...

    All of them have one key thing in common. ..

    They all were equally wrong

  20. #45
    Senior Member jude1:3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    They were a bad idea that died out and the suggestion they had anything to do with the Dead Sea Scrolls is not proved..

    I have read that the place where the Scrolls were found might have just been a summer vacation spot for rich Romans too....so it's not clear

    You're just making up stuff.

    http://www.crystalinks.com/deadseascrolls.html
    The Fruits of Macroevolution are: Atheism, Social Darwinism, Racism, Eugenics and No Moral Absolutes.

  21. #46
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jude1:3 View Post
    No I never make anything up.
    All I have posted on this or any topic is what I was taught by Walter martin from listening to him or from teachers well respected in the church

  22. #47
    Senior Member jude1:3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    the suggestion they had anything to do with the Dead Sea Scrolls is not proved..

    ^^^ This is what you are making up.
    The Fruits of Macroevolution are: Atheism, Social Darwinism, Racism, Eugenics and No Moral Absolutes.

  23. #48
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jude1:3 View Post
    ^^^ This is what you are making up.
    You need to do a bit of research before you post such things.

    All I have written is in FACT how it is...

  24. #49
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    The newest findings of science are casting doubt on all the past teachings about everything connecting these people to the Dead Sea Scrolls.

    It is now doubted they even lived where it had been taught.

  25. #50
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Also the whole idea that these guys spent so much time writing the Scrolls is also now in doubt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •