Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 89

Thread: Interesting video about The Book of Enoch

  1. #51
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    And....the buildings that once we're believed to be where they worked on scrolls turns out to have nothing to do with such stuff....

    The thinking now is that it was built as a center to make pottery. Or was a vacation home of a rich family
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 07-25-2017 at 12:15 AM.

  2. #52
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    And the idea it was at the time of Christ out in the wilderness alone is now shown to also be in error.
    It now is found to have been a rich suburb with many comings and goings...many people lived in and around the area as it was a easy walk to many centers of trade.

    The idea it was off alone is only due to how it looks now....but 2000 years ago it was an important trading area....thus a good place to make pottery
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 07-25-2017 at 12:14 AM.

  3. #53
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    As for the Scrolls themselves. ...
    They now are believed to have not all been worked on by a single bunch of scribes....

    The thinking now is they are simply a collection that were gathered when Rome started to attack the large city.
    They seem to have signs of being created by many different hands in different places...but gathered in the cave to hide
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 07-25-2017 at 12:12 AM.

  4. #54
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    What is also believed now is that there is really nothing that really connects the Essenes to the found scrolls.

  5. #55
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    If you do the research you will also see that what I'm posting is the newest findings by science.

    Not a word I have posted is stuff I have made up !

  6. #56
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    So let's review...

    The large stones in history were moved by normal guys who had to work hard to move them.

    The large stone you posted a photo of is tilted because they cut it out that way so it would help start down the hill when dragged.
    The book of Enoch is quoted by many church leaders in the past ,yet none of them teach it was inspired and should be on part with the bible.
    Other none bible books are also in the same way quoted by the same men

    So the idea that the book of Enoch is part of the inspired bible is in error.

    And....

    The earth is round and goes around the sun....case closed.

  7. #57
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    And.......ALL that I have written are things I have learned ...

    NOTHING that I have written is my own ideas!

  8. #58
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    The newest teaching that near where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found in caves they made clay pottery fits with the fact that almost all the pottery found with scrolls inside all came from the same source of pottery.
    It now looks like the Essenes were not living in the buildings near the caves but rather the buildings were just a pottery factory.

    If they just made pottery there then that explains why they went there to hide the Scrolls because they needed lots and lots of pottery jars quickly.

    It looks like they simply ended up there simply because at the time it was handy
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 07-25-2017 at 05:12 AM.

  9. #59
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Now this means that the newest teaching on the Dead Sea Scrolls totally destroys the past view that a bunch of Essenes lived there and we're busy working on scrolls in the buildings near there.

    At this time there is little support for the idea that the Essenes lived around where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found.

    Now it is likely true that many books and websites are now out of date too.
    My guess is that many people are still stuck with using out of date research and do not yet know what the best views of science teach us today.

  10. #60
    Senior Member jude1:3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Hopefully The Holy Spirit will reveal to you that you are wrong about:

    • Evolution
    • Heliocentrism
    • The Book of Enoch
    • The Essenes
    The Fruits of Macroevolution are: Atheism, Social Darwinism, Racism, Eugenics and No Moral Absolutes.

  11. #61
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jude1:3 View Post
    Hopefully The Holy Spirit will reveal to you that you are wrong about:

    • Evolution
    • Heliocentrism
    • The Book of Enoch
    • The Essenes
    Name it and claim it.
    King James only.
    The Prosperity doctrine.
    That all men have one less rib than women.
    And the Tooth fairy...


    Yes the list of the things I don't believe in must be very troubling for you...

  12. #62
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Just let me know if anything I have presented here is something that you would like to see supported?

  13. #63
    Senior Member TrueBlue?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tdidymas View Post
    5. The idea of a union between angels and women is problematic in scriptures such as Mat. 22:30 and Heb. 1:5.

    TD
    I don't understand how you see this relating to what happened in Enoch. Angels on earth married women, not in Heaven.

  14. #64
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    I totally reject the idea that Angels has sex with easy earth girls...

    There is no reason to support the idea that angels had kids.

    The only thing you have to do to prove that Im correct is read the whole story in context.
    When you read the whole story in context then you see that the story is all part of a whole...

    Consider:
    Genesis 1 is about the creation of the universe
    Genesis 2 is about the creation of humans
    Genesis 3 is about the fall of man into sin.
    Genesis 4 is about the sinful family tree of Cain who was the first killer.
    Genesis 5 is about the Godly family tree of Seth.

    Genesis 6 is about the results of the Godly line of men intermarrying with the sinful line of men and the results leading to the flood.

    The "Sons of God" are simply the same people we have been talking about in Genesis 5.

    There is no need to introduce anyone else to the story. the Sons of God = Seth's sons.


    The "Daughters of men" are simply the same people we learned about in Genesis 4.
    The daughters of men are the girls who are part of the family tree of Cain.




    Thats all this story is talking about.
    No need to invent a wild story about Big Foot, or UFOs,. or Monsters, or Angels

  15. #65
    Senior Member TrueBlue?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    I totally reject the idea that Angels has sex with easy earth girls...

    There is no reason to support the idea that angels had kids.

    The only thing you have to do to prove that Im correct is read the whole story in context.
    When you read the whole story in context then you see that the story is all part of a whole...

    Consider:
    Genesis 1 is about the creation of the universe
    Genesis 2 is about the creation of humans
    Genesis 3 is about the fall of man into sin.
    Genesis 4 is about the sinful family tree of Cain who was the first killer.
    Genesis 5 is about the Godly family tree of Seth.

    Genesis 6 is about the results of the Godly line of men intermarrying with the sinful line of men and the results leading to the flood.

    The "Sons of God" are simply the same people we have been talking about in Genesis 5.

    There is no need to introduce anyone else to the story. the Sons of God = Seth's sons.


    The "Daughters of men" are simply the same people we learned about in Genesis 4.
    The daughters of men are the girls who are part of the family tree of Cain.




    Thats all this story is talking about.
    No need to invent a wild story about Big Foot, or UFOs,. or Monsters, or Angels
    It is interesting how this story of Heavenly beings are having children with mortal women, then the greatest event in history happens, a child is born of a woman who is the child of a heavenly being.

  16. #66
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue? View Post
    It is interesting how this story of Heavenly beings are having children with mortal women, then the greatest event in history happens, a child is born of a woman who is the child of a heavenly being.
    again...I reject the idea that angels had sex with easy earth girls.

    I believe its the wrong way to read the whole story.
    I believe that when you go slow and read the whole Genesis story in context you don't find anything all that different in this part of the story at all.

    In Genesis 4 you read about one side of the family tree of human

    In Genesis 5 you read about the other side of the family tree of humans

    and then in Genesis 6 you read about what happened when one side mixed with the other....




    It's that simple of a story to read and understand.

  17. #67
    Senior Member TrueBlue?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    again...I reject the idea that angels had sex with easy earth girls.

    I believe its the wrong way to read the whole story.
    I believe that when you go slow and read the whole Genesis story in context you don't find anything all that different in this part of the story at all.

    In Genesis 4 you read about one side of the family tree of human

    In Genesis 5 you read about the other side of the family tree of humans

    and then in Genesis 6 you read about what happened when one side mixed with the other....




    It's that simple of a story to read and understand.
    Reject what you will. Your rejection does not put the final authority on whether the Book of Enoch is true or not.

    Plus just because archeology can only place the earliest form of Enoch to 300 bc does not mean it did not exist before that. The m****cripts for Enoch are much older than most the m****cripts we have for the Bible, yet you except those writings existed before. Yet in Genesis we have a snippet of Enoch.

  18. #68
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue? View Post
    Reject what you will. Your rejection does not put the final authority on whether the Book of Enoch is true or not.

    .
    The church rejected Enoch long ago...

    Im just pointing that out...



    and that is why Im not one of them guys that have lots and lots of invented ideas that I need to hang on non-Bible books like Enoch.

    There is more that enough in the text of the Bible to worry about...

  19. #69
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    as for the argument that the Book of Enoch is very old?....moot point, because being old does not make something inspired.


    as for the argument that the book of Enoch is quoted in the Bible?....moot point because lots of non-Bible books are quoted.


    as for the argument that many writers in the early church quoted Enoch?....again, its a moot point because they can use whatever source they want, it does not mean that wanted us to believe what they were quoting was inspired or to be seen as on par with scripture.



    The simple fact is this, that early church writers felt free to use whatever source material that wanted as they made the points...

    So we should understand this in that light, and not have a cow every time just because some guy quotes a bit of Enoch

  20. #70
    Senior Member jude1:3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    481

    Default

    • A Few Thoughts about some information I got from this site talking about the fallen angels and how they are in prison.
    https://philologos.org/bpr/files/a018.htm


    For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment;
    2 Peter 2:4


    And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day;
    Jude1:6



    ••••••• Super Long Read Ahead ••••••••••


    • Revelation 9


    Then the fifth angel sounded: And I saw a star fallen from heaven to the earth. To him was given the key to the bottomless pit. And he opened the bottomless pit, and smoke arose out of the pit like the smoke of a great furnace. So the sun and the air were darkened because of the smoke of the pit. Then out of the smoke locusts came upon the earth. And to them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. They were commanded not to harm the gr*** of the earth, or any green thing, or any tree, but only those men who do not have the seal of God on their foreheads. And they were not given authority to kill them, but to torment them for five months. Their torment was like the torment of a scorpion when it strikes a man. In those days men will seek death and will not find it; they will desire to die, and death will flee from them.

    The shape of the locusts was like horses prepared for battle. On their heads were crowns of something like gold, and their faces were like the faces of men. 8 They had hair like women’s hair, and their teeth were like lions’ teeth. And they had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the sound of chariots with many horses running into battle. They had tails like scorpions, and there were stings in their tails. Their power was to hurt men five months. And they had as king over them the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, but in Greek he has the name Apollyon.

    One woe is past. Behold, still two more woes are coming after these things.

    Then the sixth angel sounded: And I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God, saying to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, “Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates.” So the four angels, who had been prepared for the hour and day and month and year, were released to kill a third of mankind. Now the number of the army of the horsemen was two hundred million; I heard the number of them. And thus I saw the horses in the vision: those who sat on them had breastplates of fiery red, hyacinth blue, and sulfur yellow; and the heads of the horses were like the heads of lions; and out of their mouths came fire, smoke, and brimstone. By these three plagues a third of mankind was killed—by the fire and the smoke and the brimstone which came out of their mouths. For their power is in their mouth and in their tails; for their tails are like serpents, having heads; and with them they do harm.

    But the rest of mankind, who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent of the works of their hands, that they should not worship demons, and idols of gold, silver, br***, stone, and wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk. And they did not repent of their murders or their sorceries or their sexual immorality or their thefts.


    • Revelation 9

    https://philologos.org/bpr/files/a018.htm
    Last edited by jude1:3; 08-04-2017 at 03:40 AM.
    The Fruits of Macroevolution are: Atheism, Social Darwinism, Racism, Eugenics and No Moral Absolutes.

  21. #71
    Senior Member jude1:3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    481

    Default

    'Bind Azazel hand and foot, and cast him into the darkness: and make an opening in the desert, which is in Dudael, and cast him therein. And place upon him rough and jagged rocks, and cover him with darkness, and let him abide there for ever, and cover his face that he may not see light. And on the day of the great judgement he shall be cast into the fire.

    • 1 Enoch 10:4-7


    https://philologos.org/bpr/files/a018.htm
    Last edited by jude1:3; 08-04-2017 at 03:39 AM.
    The Fruits of Macroevolution are: Atheism, Social Darwinism, Racism, Eugenics and No Moral Absolutes.

  22. #72
    Senior Member jude1:3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    481

    Default

    I'm convinced that The Nephilim/Fallen Angels built the great Pyramid before Noah's Flood and also bunch of other huge Stone Structures:






    The Fruits of Macroevolution are: Atheism, Social Darwinism, Racism, Eugenics and No Moral Absolutes.

  23. #73
    Senior Member jude1:3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Carving in India depicting a Giant Nephilim:



    The Fruits of Macroevolution are: Atheism, Social Darwinism, Racism, Eugenics and No Moral Absolutes.

  24. #74
    Senior Member jude1:3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Another:

    Stela Naram-Suen from Suz. The victory of the tsar over the llublubs.
    Around 2300 BC. E.
    Louvre, Paris

    The Fruits of Macroevolution are: Atheism, Social Darwinism, Racism, Eugenics and No Moral Absolutes.

  25. #75
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    let me quote what I posted here on page 2 of this topic...



    the answer to "How did they do it?" is that they worked at it.

    They had the man power, they had the desire, and that gave them the means.

    Sometimes the effort failed as in the photo posted above where the Romans were unable to get the block free.

    Now take a look at the Roman block seen in the photo above, its not sitting flat.
    The fact that its not sitting flat is not an accident.
    The blocks were carved this way so that they were all set to help slide down hill to the site where they would be used.
    This is why the place where the stone is carved out of the earth is always up hill from where it is later taken and placed.


    So its just a case of men with the desire and lots and lots of manpower doing things that were hard but do-able.

    No need for UFOs to help lift the stones.

    No need for giants to help move the stones.

    No need to invent all kinds of answers .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •