Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: mormon salvation = 'saved' from WHAT?

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    WHICH is a lie?
    Your statements. Did you forget what you typed already?

YOU DID CLAIM that salvation = being saved from physical death = resurrection did you not?
    I did not.

I have NO PROBLEM supporting MY beliefs (which are totally BIBLICAL in their origins) but that would be against the rules of this forum as I understand it.
    That's convenient. But if you make a claim on this board and refuse to support it when challenged, I'll have no choice but to accept your concession.

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    That is a common issue...it has nothing to do with me or anything about your posts.
    And it does it to even me at times...
    Not a big deal. As long as I remember to copy my reply to the clipboard before I post it I can work around the problem.

erunder posted:

Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Since it is YOU, NOT I who believe in 'heavenly father god' begetting all sorts of 'spirit babies,'
    Your statements. Did you forget what you typed already?

Nope. I cut and pasted much of it for YOU. You STILL plead ignorance. . .

You claim to believe all of these abhorrent doctrines that your religion claims, but like any five-year-old refuse to discuss Biblically or rationally.

Trying to reason with you is like trying to reason with a pig. Put lipstick on it and it's still a pig.

Your religion CLAIMS that your 'heavenly father was once a man, became 'exalted' into being a god, but was always the same god from eternity to teternity, NEVER changing. . .a contradiction by your cult.

Your religion CLAIMS it follows the BIBLICAL Jesus Christ while it follows a 'jesus christ' that your religion CLAIMS is a spirit-brother of satan. Since the BIBLE says Jesus Christ is the ONLY Son EVER fathered by the God of the Bible, that makes YOUR 'jesus christ' into a false christ (which YOU claim doesn't exist).

Sorry, but you sound like an irrational, brainwashed child to me.

At some point I am supposed to stop casting pearls before swine (I would ***ume that would even mean those wearing lipstick. . .).

So I will likely stop posting with you.

in the Name of the REAL Jesus Christ,
    Morefish

You claim to believe all of these abhorrent doctrines that your religion claims
    False. My religion does not claim a "'heavenly father god' begetting all sorts of 'spirit babies,'" and I have never claimed to believe it. You're the only one here teaching it.

Trying to reason with you is like trying to reason with a pig. Put lipstick on it and it's still a pig.
    That makes no sense. If you're going to insult me, at least make your insults coherent.

Sorry, but you sound like an irrational, brainwashed child to me.
    This phenomenon is known as projection.

So I will likely stop posting with you.
    Good idea, then you can talk to all the other Mormons who post here. Oh wait...

[QUOTE=Erundur;173381]False. My religion does not claim a "'heavenly father god' begetting all sorts of 'spirit babies,'" and I have never claimed to believe it. You're the only one here teaching it.

You are NOT Mormon? The lds religion teaches that its god is the 'father of spirits' who 'fathers' (that is what the word 'begets' MEANS) spirit babies who come to earth to get human bodies.

Is that NOT what your religion teaches?

What religion ARE YOU then? "fundamentalist?" 'reorganized?' 'temple lot lds?' WHAT?

And WHAT is your religion's 'good news' or 'gospel'?
    That you get to be judged for your sins and sent to hell for them? THAT's supposed to be 'GOOD' news? Naaah. . .

You are NOT Mormon? The lds religion teaches that its god is the 'father of spirits' who 'fathers' (that is what the word 'begets' MEANS) spirit babies who come to earth to get human bodies.
    No it doesn't; you just made that up.

Is that NOT what your religion teaches?
    It is not. If it was, you'd be able to cite that teaching and prove me wrong. But you can't.

alanmolstad

The only men who become Gods, even the Sons of God, are those who enter into polygamy.

Others attain unto a glory and may even be permitted to come into the presence of the Father and the Son; but they cannot reign as kings in glory, because they had blessings offered unto them, and they refused to accept them."

alanmolstad

"Marriage to only one woman is only *partial compliance* to the law of exaltation."

alanmolstad

'To deny or refuse the Prophet when he does reinstate polygamy would be tantamount to denying Christ in person "

alanmolstad

http://www.christianpost.com/news/wh...art-two-58494/

"If I had any advice for a Christian who wanted to witness to a Mormon it would be to know your Bible!

Don't worry so much about what Mormons believe – know what you believe!

alanmolstad

"
    Sex in Heaven?

Next to be studied is Mormonism's at***ude towards Jesus and His relationship to people in general. Brigham Young professed, "WE BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST IS OUR ELDER BROTHER ...." Likewise, Joseph Smith said, "Among the spirit children of Elohim [God the Father], the firstborn was and is ... Jesus Christ to whom all others are juniors" (Ludlow, p.280).

LDS apostle Bruce McConkie writes, "Implicit in the Christian verity that all men are the spirit children of an Eternal Father is the usually unspoken truth that they are also the offspring of AN ETERNAL MOTHER" (quoted in Tanners, p.164).

Moreover, another Mormon apostle, Orson Pratt, declared, "We have now clearly shown that GOD THE FATHER HAD A PLURALITY OF WIVES, one or more being in eternity, by whom He begat our spirits as well as the spirit of Jesus His first born, AND ANOTHER BEING UPON THE EARTH BY WHOM HE BEGAT THE TABERNACLE [PHYSICAL BODY] OF JESUS, as His only begotten in this world" (quoted in Tanners, p.227).

Joseph Smith explains further, "Jesus Christ is the Son of Elohim both as spiritual and bodily offspring; that is to say, ELOHIM IS LITERALLY THE FATHER OF THE SPIRIT OF JESUS CHRIST AND ALSO OF THE BODY in which Jesus Christ performed His mission in the flesh ..." (Ludlow, p.280).

Putting this all together, Mormonism teaches the SPIRITS of all people were conceived in heaven via physical, sexual intercourse between the Father and one or more of his goddess wives. This "heavenly sex" is possible since the Mormon god (and presumably His wives) have "all the parts and p***ions" that we do.

Thus, in Mormonism, the only difference between Jesus and people in general is that His spirit was conceived before ours. Also, to produce Jesus' physical body, the Mormon god came down to earth and had sexual intercourse with the virgin Mary.

http://www.dtl.org/cults/article/mormonism.htm

alanmolstad

Default LDS Leaders Still Believe There Will Be Polygamy in Heaven By Sandra Tanner

alanmolstad

Each God, through his wife or wives, raises up a numerous family of sons and daughters; indeed, there will be no end to the increase of his own children: for each father and mother will be in a condition to multiply forever and ever.”

alanmolstad

“Will I know my mother as my mother when I get over on the Other Side?”…”Certainly you will,” was the instant reply of the Prophet. “More than that, you will meet and become acquainted with your eternal Mother, the wife of your Father in Heaven.”…”And have I then a Mother in Heaven?” exclaimed the astonished girl…”You ***uredly have. How could a Father claim His ***le unless there were also a Mother to share that parenthood?””

alanmolstad

Logic and reason would certainly suggest that if we have a Father in Heaven, we have a Mother in Heaven. That doctrine rests well with me. However, in light of the instruction we have received from the Lord Himself, I regard it as inappropriate for anyone in the Church to pray to our Mother in Heaven…The fact that we do not pray to our Mother in Heaven in no way belittles or denigrates her…none of us can add to or diminish the glory of whom we have no revealed knowledge”

So erunder doesn't believe in a heavenly father who impregnates his wife with spirit children in a preexistance?

Does erunder consider himself to be a mormon?

So erunder doesn't believe in a heavenly father who impregnates his wife with spirit children in a preexistance?
    No, he doesn't.

Does erunder consider himself to be a mormon?
    Yes, he does.

alanmolstad

...... a heavenly father who impregnates his wife with spirit children in a preexistence?

Yes, this wacky teaching is at the real core of why guys hang in there and stay Mormon, even if they understand that Smith made it all up.

The sex....

Endless sex in heaven is part of the thinking that many Mormon men always have in the back of their minds...
    Even if they actually reject many of Smith's ideas as 'crazy" it is yet this idea that if Smith was right about the sexual encounters he and other Mormon men could have in heaven, then it's worth sticking in the Mormon church.

When I was younger I worked on a farm that had a bunch of Mormon guys also working there, and I can tell you for a fact that they do talk....they do spend time thinking about the many girls that they each would claim as wife in heaven....
    Many of the Mormon guys would talk about the other girls in town, (like many of their wives' friends, or their co-workers) that they have secretly dreamed about being married to in heaven.

So the idea that their Mormon God in heaven has sexual encounters with his wives is believed.....mostly because it's also the dream of Mormon men too!
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 07-17-2017 at 04:11 PM.

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Yes, this wacky teaching...
    It might be wacky--but that is the same way we impregnate our wives and repopulate the earth here.

Alan--that isn't man's way--it's God's way. There is not one organ on your body which man devised.

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    And yet I'm the one ***erting one Jesus Christ, while "Christian" is ***erting multiple Jesus Christs.

So the way I define being a mono(one) theist is that you must believe there is only one God.....
    Would that be the Father, Son, or Holy Ghost?
    The correct word is 'and,' not 'or.'

And Since you don't know God. . .you will go to the same place as sun myung moon, william butler, and joe smith have gone.

Following false christs as they all did will get you straight to hell.

Following false christs as they all did will get you straight to hell.
    We disagree with you that Jesus Christ is a false christ, so I'm not worried.

Default They are afraid to admit theirs is a "different' christ.

We disagree with you that Jesus Christ is a false christ, so I'm not worried.

You CLAIM that your mormon'jesus christ' is the same as my BIBLICAL Jesus Christ, BUT YOU KNOW BETTER. You are just to afraid to admit it. . .

Following joe smith's 'spirit-brother-of-satan 'christ' will simply lead you to hell.

You CLAIM that your mormon'jesus christ' is the same as my BIBLICAL Jesus Christ, BUT YOU KNOW BETTER. You are just to afraid to admit it. . .
    False. You're going to have to come up with an actual argument if you want to convince me that Jesus Christ is false.

alanmolstad

False. You're going to have to come up with an actual argument if you want to convince me that Jesus Christ is false.
    "What is the difference between the Mormon Jesus and the Jesus of the Bible? " http://www.equip.org/perspectives/wh...-of-the-bible/

Mormons can claim to believe in Jesus all they want, but it’s apparent from their teachings that the Jesus they profess is definitely not the Jesus of the Bible. The truth is they worship another Jesus, proclaim another gospel, and teach the skin of the truth stuffed with a lie. Ultimately, all cults and world religions, in one way or another, compromise the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ