Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: mormon salvation = 'saved' from WHAT?

Default mormon salvation = 'saved' from WHAT?

Physical death? Nope. . .mormons die.

Resurrection to judgement? Nope. MOST FOLKS GET JUDGED TO GO TO HELL. THAT IS NOT Biblical 'being saved' from anything.

The TRUTH is that the REAL JESUS CHRIST (not the mormon demon 'jesus') died for our sins, NOT to get us 'resurrected to judgement.' JESUS CHRIST paid the penalty for our sins. THAT is what we are REALLY 'saved from.' The penalty for sin is death. Jesus took that upon HIMSELF for us.

The mormons seem to be confused.

Do you suppose it is that near-relative of their 'jesus,' his 'spirit-brother' satan who wants them to be confused?

Mormons believe that the atonement of Jesus Christ 1) saves us from physical death (this is called resurrection, and 2) saves us from sin if we exercise faith in Christ, repent, are baptized, receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    Mormons believe that the atonement of Jesus Christ 1) saves us from physical death (this is called resurrection, and 2) saves us from sin if we exercise faith in Christ, repent, are baptized, receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end.

And yet ALL MORMONS suffer physical death, and God NEVER required the mormon junk (or YOURSELF) to save yourself from the penalty of your sins. HE only requires FAITH

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    And yet ALL MORMONS suffer physical death
    So do ALL PROTESTANTS. Does that mean they're not saved?

and God NEVER required the mormon junk
    If I could show you all five items I listed in the Bible, would you believe them?

HE only requires FAITH
    So since Mormons have faith, we must be saved, right?

You can have faith in dog if you wish. It may even get you a bone! If it is a BIG dog it might even protect you from being bitten by a little dog.

Likewise, faith in a 'jesus' that is a demon's 'spirit-brother' won't save you from Hell either.

You can have faith in dog if you wish.
    We have faith in Jesus Christ. Is that good enough for you?

Originally Posted by Christian [IMG]http://www.waltermartin.com/forums/images/****ons/viewpost-right.png[/IMG]
    You can have faith in dog if you wish.
    We have faith in Jesus Christ. Is that good enough for you?

Sadly you don't even realize that your 'jesus christ' is the same 'jesus christ' the muslims, white supremecists, oneness pentecostals and other cults have faith in, and NOT the REAL Jesus Christ described in the Bible.

I continue to pray for you.

erunder posted:

And yet ALL MORMONS suffer physical death
    So do ALL PROTESTANTS. Does that mean they're not saved?

No, but it DOES MEAN that Biblical Salvation is NOT 'saving' you from physical death as you claimed.

and God NEVER required the mormon junk
    If I could show you all five items I listed in the Bible, would you believe them?

I believe EVERY WORD OF THE BIBLE. It is your 'private interpretations' of joe smith's that I don't believe.

SHOW ME where ANY CHRISTIANS IN THE ORIGINAL CHURCH (the one joey smith is supposed to have 'restored') ever believed ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE

WHERE did those original CHRISTIANS ever believe in

Christian temples?
    being baptized for those who had died?
    that you could become a god?
    that the REAL GOD was ever an 'exalted man?'
    any 'jesus christ' that was a 'spirit baby' of 'heavenly father' as a 'spiritual brother' of satan who was supposedly another 'spirit baby' of 'heavenly father?'

Sorry erunder, but your mormon religion falls flat just like the other 150 or so 'lds' religions do. Yours is no more real than theirs are. And YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE OTHERWISE.

Sadly you don't even realize that your 'jesus christ' is the same 'jesus christ' the muslims, white supremecists, oneness pentecostals and other cults have faith in, and NOT the REAL Jesus Christ described in the Bible.
    As monotheists, we believe there is only one Jesus Christ, so your statement is nonsensical to us.

No, but it DOES MEAN that Biblical Salvation is NOT 'saving' you from physical death as you claimed.
    So your claim is that the Bible denies the resurrection?

I believe EVERY WORD OF THE BIBLE.
    And yet you don't believe the five items I listed even though they're all Biblical.

alanmolstad

As monotheists, .....
    Mormons are about as far from being monotheist as you can get!.......LOL

Mono = one , single, lone.

The Bible teaches that while there are tons and tons of things that people can "call" god, there actually is only one God by nature, the rest are all fake.

So the way I define being a mono(one) theist is that you must believe there is only one God.....
    You cant dodge around the issue by saying, "We only believe there is one God to worship" if you then also believe there are other gods.

The moment you believe there are other gods you are in the world of the CULTS !

The world of the CULTS has many different ways to sneak in their false teachings...one such false teaching is that there are many Gods and that people can become a god too.

The moment I hear such talk I just smile........

You can call yourself a god all you want....I dont give a rip....You will never be one so it's pointless to claim to be one...
    But whatever floats your boat I guess....
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 06-26-2017 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Mormons are about as far from being monotheist as you can get!.......LOL
    And yet I'm the one ***erting one Jesus Christ, while "Christian" is ***erting multiple Jesus Christs.

So the way I define being a mono(one) theist is that you must believe there is only one God.....
    Would that be the Father, Son, or Holy Ghost?
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 06-26-2017 at 07:59 PM.

alanmolstad

the truth is that guys like Smith and Sun Myung Moon are well known for saying, that they teach about "Jesus" , but the truth is that they teach an invented understanding of our Lord.

Smith and Moon teach a false Jesus....a fake Jesus...

Thus the truth is that while there is only one true Jesus, there are lots and lots of "false Christs (as the Bible warned us about) and yet because Smith and Moon have a clever spiel, they trick their followers into believing in their false Christ.

So what happens to the People like the Mormons or the Moonies when they die and go to judgement?

They come face to face with the very hard fact that you can dpo all kinds of works in the name of a fasle Christ and not have any relationship with the true Lord Jesus at all...

and thus Mormons and Moonies die in sin, unforgiven and unrepentant ........so totally blinded by a con man's story that they had no clue that the very people they were debating all the time were the very same people sent to be their light out of the darkness....

alanmolstad

Would that be the Father, Son, or Holy Ghost?

Not "or", but "and"....The one God of the Bible is Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Smith and Moon teach a false Jesus....a fake Jesus...
    Why do you think Jesus Christ is a fake?

Not "or", but "and"....The one God of the Bible is Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
    And that's who Mormons believe in. So is that monotheism or polytheism?

alanmolstad

Why do you think Jesus Christ is a fake?
    The Mormon Jesus is fake because Smith invented it...he lied...
    he never saw any angels...
    he never dug up any stuff....

It was a con ***.

He was a conman.

His *** was to fool people, thats what this guy did to earn money, evcen way before he came out with his tall-tale about seeing things .

..You already know this to be true.

He was consumed in his lust for younger and younger girls....
    He used his position over others in his church to get girls to sleep with him...

He even used to send husbands out of town and then 'drop by" to score with the guy's wife.

You already know this as well....
    Im not saying anything you have not already known to be true.

Smith invented these teachings about Jesus that are different than what the Bible and the Christian church teach.

But if this is so, Why do Mormons believe him?
    The idea of learning a hidden truth, or a new teaching is very attractive to many people, and they wanted to get in on the hidden truths that Smith was telling people he knew...and that is why CULTS like the Mormon church grow, for it appeals to that darker side of our human nature.

Smith's Jesus is a "fake Jesus" because it is invented by Smith to be different, and thus It runs counter to the Bible's revelation.

thats why the Mormon Jesus is fake.

alanmolstad

And that's who Mormons believe in. So is that monotheism or polytheism?
    If a person holds that there are other gods...they are not "mono" theistic ....

It dont matter squat that they worship only one, or two or just a handful out of millions...

It dont matter.......

It dont matter for they have left the teachings of the Bible and have followed some other guy's dreamed-up inventions.

Smith dreamed it up....
    Smith dreamed up all kinds of stories to fool people. That is how he earned money during his life before he started pushing the religious stuff.
    Smith used to claim to be able to do some type of magic trick, (Like look at a stone in a hat) and convince people that if they paid him a fee he would be able to find buried treasure on their land....

Is anyone truly shocked to learn that later in his life he would then claim to have found a hidden secret book?

Is anyone truly shocked that a guy known to try to score with lots and lots of girls, might send a few husbands out of town so as to get them out of the way?

Is anyone truly shocked that a guy who was able to convince husbands and fathers into turning a blind eye to his bed-hoping would then later claim to be doing greater works than Jesus?...

or to claim himself to be a god?

No, none of us should be shocked to learn about all this stuff Smith got into, because that is the kind of monster we know he was...
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 06-26-2017 at 09:23 PM.

The Mormon Jesus is fake because Smith invented it...
    You think Jesus Christ was invented by Joseph Smith? We disagree with you.

He was consumed in his lust for younger and younger girls....
    He used his position over others in his church to get girls to sleep with him...
    I think you're projecting.

If a person holds that there are other gods...they are not "mono" theistic ....
    So if someone believes in the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost they are not monotheistic, is that right?

alanmolstad

You think Jesus Christ was invented by Joseph Smith? .
    Mormon teachings on the person of Jesus were invented by a conman named Smith to fool people, gain power over them, and get money, as well as the ability to sleep with their wives and at times, their daughters.

You already know all Im saying is the truth.

There is a real Jesus that is unknown to the Mormon religion....

It's unknown because the real Jesus was replaced in the hearts of the Mormon member with a false concept of our Lord......and when the Mormon believes in this false Jesus he is still in sin, and is unforgiven....
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 06-27-2017 at 04:16 AM.

alanmolstad

So if someone believes in the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost they are not monotheistic, is that right?

If a person holds to the idea that there is more than one God, (The names of these other gods is of no concern to me) then by my definition that person is not monotheistic.

It's that simple...

It does not matter squat if the person later tried to hide behind the idea that while they understand there are many other gods, they only worship one of them.
    If a person actually holds to the idea that there are other gods, they are not monotheistic case-closed.

All that Im saying is already known to you.

Now we had a Mormon here that always tried to be clever and use clever wordings to twist things around, and if I were talking to him on this subject Im sure he would now at this point post something like - "But Alan you believe in the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Spirit is God, so you must believe in 3 gods then ?"

Like I said, we 'had' a person like that around here.....He didn't last long it seems.

I got nothing against people who want to ask me questions or who want to talk about their own religion, that is what this place is all about.
    But I just dont got the time needed to deal with people that regardless of what is said simply try to twist words in clever ways, all the while fleeing the truth that they already know confronts them.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 06-27-2017 at 04:18 AM.

Mormon teachings on the person of Jesus were invented by a conman named Smith to fool people, gain power over them, and get money, as well as the ability to sleep with their wives and at times, their daughters.
    Easy to claim; harder to prove. Anyway, I think you're just projecting a Protestant mindset onto Joseph.

You already know all Im saying is the truth.
    I know what you're saying is false.

If a person holds to the idea that there is more than one God, (The names of these other gods is of no concern to me) then by my definition that person is not monotheistic.
    Mormons say the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are one God. So are we monotheistic or polytheistic?