self reflection is a private matter.

now a denomination can highlight the need for self-reflection by making sure it is made note of and practiced during a church service.

But being a very private affair it is really left to the person to do on their own....even if kneeling at a time set aside for it within a church service.

I believe it was Jesus who gave us the idea that a time of self-reflection is private.

jesus gave many examples of men praying to God and dealing with their own sins during this very private moment .

Can you do self-reflection in front of other people,,,can you do it during an organized church service?...oh yes.

But Jesus also taught of the need to get alone, to go into your room and lock the door, and there find the privacy too.

Is there anything wrong with a denomination highlighting the Christian concept for self-reflection by adding a special place for it during a worship hour?....NO!

I believe that Jesus also makes a strong case for taking a moment to have some self-reflection before you bring your gift to the Lord.

As most churches have a moment of offering during every service, this would be the reason that before every offering in each Protestant church I have attended that there is the moment of sefl-reflection listed in the church bulletin.

So to sum it all up:

Moments of self-reflection are common amoung members of the prodiatant church as well as other branches of the christian church.

Some churches make special notie of the need for self-reflection by including a set-aside moment for people to carry out that during the worship hour.

The time this is done may vary from church to church, and even then it might get moved around.But the fact that Jesus teaches about self-reflection before offering our gifts, (and every church has a moment to bring in the gifts), this leads us to the finding we see in so many Protestant churches of a private moment of reflection before the offering is made....

so .."Self-reflection" is a hallmark of the Protestant church