Thread: Dr. Walter Martin speaks out on the doctrinal errors of Eastern Orthodoxy

alanmolstad

Default Dr. Walter Martin speaks out on the doctrinal errors of Eastern Orthodoxy

alanmolstad

My own view of the whole "Hank" situation that had popped up in the news...

I think Hank should pull the car over to the side of the road, and take out the map.

I understand that Hank is dealing with the slow death that come to people that get cancer.
    I understand that Hank can be driven crazy from the meds he is on now, and that he is dealing with a lot of personal health-related issuse that can lead him off the path.

I understand all the problems he must be dealing with that have clearly pushed him into going this new direction.

But I still have to suggest to Hank that because of his actions, (regardless of what caused them to happen) he should step down from being in any way connected to Dr Walter Martin or the work of the Bible Answer Man outreach.

I think if Hank wants to push his new church, thats fine, but he should also understand that he cant be the voice of a outreach connected to Martin if he actually is holding to views now that are clearly totally against what Walter Martin taught.

Im not saying that a person has to line up perfectly with all of Martin's views on every topic, but I am saying that the path Hank is now walking is going off the rails, and is not within the scope of what can be allowed as a person who is also said to be continueing the work of Martin too.

Within the church we have to protect the freedom to have differing views on the side topics, but we also have to have the understanding that when you go against the core teachings of the Christian faith you have to be confronted.

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    My own view of the whole "Hank" situation that had popped up in the news...

I think Hank should pull the car over to the side of the road, and take out the map.

I understand that Hank is dealing with the slow death that come to people that get cancer.
    I understand that Hank can be driven crazy from the meds he is on now, and that he is dealing with a lot of personal health-related issuse that can lead him off the path.

I understand all the problems he must be dealing with that have clearly pushed him into going this new direction.

But I still have to suggest to Hank that because of his actions, (regardless of what caused them to happen) he should step down from being in any way connected to Dr Walter Martin or the work of the Bible Answer Man outreach.

I think if Hank wants to push his new church, thats fine, but he should also understand that he cant be the voice of a outreach connected to Martin if he actually is holding to views now that are clearly totally against what Walter Martin taught.

Im not saying that a person has to line up perfectly with all of Martin's views on every topic, but I am saying that the path Hank is now walking is going off the rails, and is not within the scope of what can be allowed as a person who is also said to be continueing the work of Martin too.

Within the church we have to protect the freedom to have differing views on the side topics, but we also have to have the understanding that when you go against the core teachings of the Christian faith you have to be confronted.
    I voted with my feet.
    http://www.waltermartin.com/forums/s...403#post173403

TD

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    This link quotes him on R.C. not E.O. errors.
    TD