Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intergender

Austin Canes

Default It's not all a matter of what YOU believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Columcille View Post
    I addressed the comment that Jill was referencing, you did not reply. But I am coming to the point that pearls before swine is the same as leading a horse to the water, but you cannot make them drink. The only purpose it serves me now is mostly psychological, I am fighting the corrupted impulses within myself by "transforming my mind." The more I realize that I am more than just my sexual impulses, the more I overcome the temptations on a daily basis. The other reason is to make a stand. If Walter Martin can hold his own on a large panel of hostile guests on the Long John Nebel show and the influx of unorthodox posters coming here almost shares the same circumstance, these suggests to me that the level of dialogue here is much more engaging, the moderating is much more fair, and the opportunity to see how 1 Corinthians 1.17-25 really operates (most especially for me to see the change within myself) quite satifying.
    Just try to remember, that whether you view people as swine or fellow human beings... your point of view and deeply held convictions (biblically-substantiated or not) are not the only things which define reality for all human beings.

That is, while I don't expect you to communicate everything you believe 'perfectly', I do expect you to understand and ultimately accept the reality that not all people agree with you or believe the same things which you do; even those who know the same things you do, may surely not agree with you.

If "pearls" don't get through to the pigs, then (perhaps) try a carrot.

Columcille

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Canes View Post
    Just try to remember, that whether you view people as swine or fellow human beings... your point of view and deeply held convictions (biblically-substantiated or not) are not the only things which define reality for all human beings.

That is, while I don't expect you to communicate everything you believe 'perfectly', I do expect you to understand and ultimately accept the reality that not all people agree with you or believe the same things which you do; even those who know the same things you do, may surely not agree with you.

If "pearls" don't get through to the pigs, then (perhaps) try a carrot.
    Apparently you did not understand the alluding to a p***age from Jesus in the Gospel. I am not equating anyone as a "swine," but only addressing the idiom maxim found in Matthew 7.6 "Do not give what is holy to dogs; and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them underfoot and turn and maul you" NRSV and comparing it to the English maxim regarding leading a horse to the water. Is the playbook you use always like to accuse people of something? I mean, I wonder if you would be the type to "maul" me because I tell you the truth from Scripture? I mean here you are, a supposed professing Christian and you reject the Scriptures. You certainly are trying your best to win the argument by taking my reference out of context and ***ume I am calling you or the group a name. The only agreement I seek is God's will, let his will be done, not mine. Whether you accept searching for the same standard has yet to be seen, how is Christ Lord in your life if you refuse to take all his words, the words of his apostles, and the Prophets' of old, and God's law to heart? Either you are a bonafide Christian that accepts Scripture or your a fake who picks and chooses what Scriptures you can twist or sounds "Loving" and reject, ignore, or downplay, or shift attention away from what God actually says to his people throughout history of nation of Israel and his Church.

Austin Canes

Default Live what you believe; don't impose it upon others.

Quote Originally Posted by Columcille View Post
    ...Either you are a bonafide Christian that accepts Scripture or your a fake who picks and chooses what Scriptures you can twist or sounds "Loving" and reject, ignore, or downplay, or shift attention away from what God actually says to his people throughout history of nation of Israel and his Church.
    You must ultimately leave such 'judgment' (as you seem to be making) to God.

Live as excellently as you can by the grace of God; set an example with your life. No one who is human, will ever play the role of God or Jesus properly.

alanmolstad

i thought i had seen it all....then i ran into this topic....

alanmolstad

I tried to go over this topic again this morning looking for a reason someone would start it?

I dont see any.

I feel bad for any child born with a birth defect.
    I dont see such a thing as something anyone need have a theological discussion over.