Thread: "Not by works", and "without works",

alanmolstad

Default "Not by works", and "without works",

When I teach that we are saved "Not by works" I do not mean the same idea as "without works"

The two phrases are talking about two different ideas, and that is where I think a lot of people get mixed up.

We are saved by Grace, though faith, and not by works.
    and we know that faith without works is dead.

So we then can see that while faith and works do not save us, we should not mix up the positions they play in the salvation verses.

we are saved by grace.....Grace and grace alone.
    Grace is the reason we are saved.

Faith is the channel that Grace takes in our lives.
    So this is why the Bible says we are saved by grace though faith.

and this is also why the Bible says very, very clearly that we are not saved by works.

So, to sum up.- we are saved by grace though faith....but faith is never alone, for when we are saved, we are saved to do good works.
    So the works dont save us, but they do show that our faith is alive, and if our faith is alive then it is though our faith in Christ that grace saves us.

The so faith is never "without" works.
    The works show us the state of the person's heart...the state of the person's faith.
    That is why the Bible says that faith "without" works is dead....for the lack of works show the state of the heart, the state of the faith.

But works can't make dead faith alive, and so this is why the Bible tells us the story of the people that lacked faith but had tons and tons of works to their credit as still being totally lost and ****ed.

This is why I teach that "Works can not save you, and following the law cant save you. For if works of the law brought salvation then Christ died for nothing"

So this is why I say that "Faith without works is dead' for the lack of works show the state of the heart.
    But the works dont save
    Nor do doing works add to salvation or maintain salvation.

For we are not saved by works, or by faith.

alanmolstad

quote that.....

alanmolstad

so this means that there are always works with faith....

But we are not saved by works.
    Yet we are never without works.