Thread: it's sad

Default it's sad

I find it somewhat sad that this forum, which was the home for so many interesting and helpful
    discussions, now attracts only people trying to sell school supplies. I know there is an ebb and flow
    to interest in discussion forums but I wonder is there anyone from the "good old days" out there
    who still finds discussing the Creator a worthwhile way to spend a little time? Hope so.

I am thankful that this forum is still here.

Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    I find it somewhat sad that this forum, which was the home for so many interesting and helpful
    discussions, now attracts only people trying to sell school supplies. I know there is an ebb and flow
    to interest in discussion forums but I wonder is there anyone from the "good old days" out there
    who still finds discussing the Creator a worthwhile way to spend a little time? Hope so.

I am thankful that this forum is still here.
    Hold on there partner, there's lots of God's people willing to spin a point or two.

My problem here is just as it happens to other well-banked Christian sites that lose discussion makers, harrowing experiences with slip-shoddy decisions from the moderator. Hopefully, things have improved on that dept as it's never too late.

BTW, I did see on YouTube where Jill (Martin) Rische 'threw-down' in no uncertain terms with Hank Handergraph (Sp?) for converting to Orthodox.

Now I love the Orthodox and they can be quite convincing on doctrinal points. But Jill called him on his decision, it is seen here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odIc...ature=youtu.be

Greetings Michaell,

Great to see you are still out there fighting the good fight. I hope others will see your
    post and join in. I will reply to any discussion you would like to start.

Having trouble posting so this might post twice.

Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    Greetings Michaell,

Great to see you are still out there fighting the good fight. I hope others will see your
    post and join in. I will reply to any discussion you would like to start.

Having trouble posting so this might post twice.
    Makes one wonder, because I was having trouble signing on about 2-3 weeks ago.

But thank you, soo good to see you to! The fight? Ohh brother.

In short, I've been going to this little flock just up the road and around the corner and things have been going along fairly well till the Pastor gave me a sudden promotion from morning opening prayers to personal insights to be told. Though I'm sometimes a ball of jitters for public speaking, this is one point both the Pastor and governing elders were pre-advised that I thought it was wrong not to expect God to move on the infirm and sick.

My letter moved the Pastor and the elders to meet with me so we could discuss things.

Basically, I waited for them to have there say all through the meeting and then remarked to correct one elder on one doubtful stance. The meeting broke up within three minutes.

But here's the thing, in that meeting which I discovered the denominations website, willingly refused to look into it and instead chose to follow the oversight team response, silence. the feeling was prolly because they expected I was aware of there feelings of those "spirit-filled" were known for, ***uming that was the course I had taken when it wasn't.

That all happened back in April by I elected not to investigate but rather experiment. Could unity survive sharp doctrinal divide. It didn't for them but I was enjoying the fellowship even while quite sure the ministry of the Spirit was a foreign as could be to them though I pressed it.

Sure enough, knowing they wanted my meditations now I had to bring out the emphatic decisions. I asked the Pastor, look, after all this time and you haven't remarked once towards heavy spiritual concerns. Concerns like,

• Faux Inroads of Spirituality
    • Towards Being Filled and Gifted
    • Resulting Gravitation or Revulsion
    • Incidental verses Sought Baptisms

Honestly, I thought from my opening letter we could have sprung into moot discussion, but since you’ve requested my time for thoughts of meditation, I thought to write to stay the course with His will,

I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,
    that all of you agree together, so that there may be no divisions
    among you and that you may be united in mind and conviction.

(1 Corinthians 1:10)

Should I be surprised, who is it that would gravitate to what causes the divide rather than discuss them. Well I found out what they thought of those seeking the "Spirit-filled" life from finally looking into the website - "emotional" "nitwittery".

Well sir, I don't know who is at the helm here but I have tried two postings this-morn upon which when I hit "submit" a "redirected" flashes for an instant and my post is gone. It may well be the rise of disobedience has found haven here and refusal to review due to an inability to endure is now pulling this ship down. We'll see.

test post number one....

the forum works fine for me....