Thread: The Lawbreaking Christian

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Lawbreaking Christian

Recently, an excess of 750 faith leaders, organizations who were troubled by our “historically low refugee admissions into the United States” signed onto a letter to fire off to Donald Trump and members of Congress on August 21st of this year. A portion of which read, ,

“For decades, people of faith have welcomed refugees into our homes, houses of worship, and communities. Refugees are powerful amb*a*s*sadors of our founding principles of equal opportunity, religious freedom, and liberty and justice for all, ,“

“Justice”? What about God’s justice? All the elaborate wording available to man to describe the refugee’s plight will not hide another, will they be equally concerned over that so we can begin to reduce our own existence into that which they’re fleeing from? I have friends who have made it through and they gave me no qualms except for the fact that the illegal invader is getting away with figurative and literal-murder.

“Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake:
    whether it be to the king, as supreme; Or unto governors,
    as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment
    of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.

For so is the will of God”

1 Peter 2:13-15

If someone from their camp advised me that their only concern was to further the thing in what got us here; relativism, I guess we may as well admit it, God’s choice of method to expose His wrath will use whatever means necessary to bring them back. God does not change! Does He now accept relative obedience? Is there such a thing as an organized lawbreaking Christian?

How they love to recite: “I Was a Stranger and You Welcomed Me” while indirectly suggesting this provides a righteous pathway that removes the offender’s and facilitator’s lawlessness.

It’s an invasion of our laws which are not being enforced hoping that if they keep this up long enough they will get the ball rolling just enough to overwrite the existing laws under the premise that our current immigration laws are “broken”.

Is this it, just forget what’s on the books, both legislatively and scriptural and dissolve the border for the entrance of the “refugee”?

Hello Michaell,

Reminds me of Romans 1:18-19; "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them." God abandons those who abandon Him and uses them as
    tools of His wrath. The illegals, the perverse, the rabid liberals and those who hate the Savior, are the wrath of God. I think just as God used many pagan nations to chastise Israel, He is using these things to chastise America.

Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    I think just as God used many pagan nations to chastise Israel, He is using these things to chastise America.
    Could well be! A perilous yet interesting contemplation.