Thread: The Erroneous, Principle Peter

Default The Erroneous, Principle Peter

Has the Founding Been Handled Accurately?

As told in 2-Timothy 3:16, “all scripture” is to be profited by, no matter what. By it, we gather as one at the foot of the cross and is incontrovertibly set under one Lord and one faith of the Lord Jesus Christ, otherwise known as the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ fulfilling the scriptures to the glory of God. Hallelujah!

Jesus has left the building!

How much could have been accomplished throughout His lifetime had He tarried extensively, as we know, it was not the Father’s will.

Our Preferred Wellbeing

“it is profitable for you that I should go away”

(John 16:7)

Obviously, He saw the best of options was to initiate the establishing of the flock He had begun by the high-price of giving Himself for it – the Church.

P.A.C., Our Most Emphatic Founding

Paul – the insightful founder (not one “whit” behind any other 2 Cor11:5)
    Apollos – the disciplined founder (“well versed in the Scriptures” Acts 18:24)
    Cephas – the factual founder (“I will build my church” Matthew 16:18)

These are not to be diminished, for “All is yours

(1 Corinthians 3:22)

“The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise,
    that they are vain. Therefore let no man glory in men.
    For all things are yours; Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, ,”

Though there are a couple of other items from V-22 though none of them are charactoristic-sensitive. Today’s expression of this founding isn’t held as verse-22 was intended to be received as “all”, but variable degrees of it depending on what carnal division is questioned.

"for whereas there is among you, , divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?"

I think you can see the point “all scripture” is making here, that there is NO glory in Cephas only, or, the many Pauline preferred insertions, but the preferred description of “all” scripture of all those which God said are yours!

Due to the necessities of recognition in the world, the traits of Apollos have been the adoptive-son of everyone it seems which have risen. From there, the “emphatic” version of some has wreaked havoc on 2 Timothy 3:16 to serve the specialized elite unity of their own – not the biblical “unity of the Spirit”.

Do you find it somewhat interesting how little the Spirit forwarded Peter's founding in the epistles when the overwhelming occasion was used to build the truth? If it is the same as was *a*s*signed to the NT Church, as successors of “You are Peter, , “, then as Peter, his successors alike can also experience the same reality-check upon themselves as Peter’s fallibility did?
    “, , because he was to be blamed.”

(Galatians 2:11)

, , and then he was restored as in everyone else. Otherwise, we just keep kicking that well-crafted disjointed can down the road, ,

Take any unity-denying pick, most everyone can be found there.

“I am of”, ,

Paul – insightful
    Apollos – disciplined
    Cephas - factual

And then fill in the appropriate blank,

I have become all [sect] things to all men, so that I may by all [sect] means save some.

(1 Corinthians 9:22)

If that sectarian-lens has been so enmeshed within their thinking to respond to every soul they encounter in like manner, then they are not seeing Jesus any clearer than they were in the Apostle’s day when he had to point it out. That, dearest friend is the carnal expression so many are willing to show the world. That, rather is the cause that should create brokenness within. That, rather is peace. That, is in my thinking the will of the Lord Jesus.

Greetings Michaell,

Ah yes, that ever elusive unity. Can there be unity among those who don't know their own iden***y? Why did peter say this to us, to all believers;
    "But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy." 1Peter 2:9-10
    We must see each other as God sees us, but sin makes us "self-conscience" so we have much trouble in that department and you are right we are not seeing clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    Greetings Michaell,

Ah yes, that ever elusive unity. Can there be unity among those who don't know their own iden***y? Why did peter say this to us, to all believers;
    "But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy." 1Peter 2:9-10
    We must see each other as God sees us, but sin makes us "self-conscience" so we have much trouble in that department and you are right we are not seeing clearly.
    So often missed. would that God helps us attain perspective over this debilitating condition!