Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Are Mormon MInisters or Preachers Paid

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    477

    Default Are Mormon MInisters or Preachers Paid

    The rumor is that they are not. But i have heard differently. Which is it and why
    magazine is still running, location as changed. contact us for the internet address

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    627

    Default

    They are not. Only those who work full-time for the Church, like General Authorities and I think mission presidents, receive a stipend.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    They are not. Only those who work full-time for the Church, like General Authorities and I think mission presidents, receive a stipend.
    So much for their so-called 'unpaid leadership. . .' I guess the bishops are not worth their wage. . .their time and efforts are worthless. . .

    My Bible says the workman is worthy of his wage, and the ox should work in hope of being fed.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    627

    Default

    19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
    20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
    21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidT View Post
    The rumor is that they are not. But i have heard differently. Which is it and why
    https://archive.sltrib.com/article.p...50&itype=cmsid

    Mormons lie.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
    20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
    21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.


    The Mormon cult rakes in billions from Ti the paying members. They are one of the richest churches in the world and they give a pittance to charity.

    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/insig...-mad_n_1769539


    https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/co...mbers_demands/

    This evil cult hires propagandists on Madison Ave., NYC, to shape its image, based on its ugly lies.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    The Mormon cult rakes in billions from Ti the paying members.
    ---
    That's because we aren't concerned with laying up for ourselves treasures upon earth.

    They are one of the richest churches in the world and they give a pittance to charity.
    ---
    That's a myth.

    This evil cult hires propagandists on Madison Ave., NYC, to shape its image, based on its ugly lies.
    ---
    I don't care if Calvary Chapel hires propagandists.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    477

    Default

    the scripture quoted by Erunder is misused and doe snot apply to being paid a salary. Although it is interesting to see him post that since the goal of most mormons is to be rich
    magazine is still running, location as changed. contact us for the internet address

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidT View Post
    the goal of most mormons is to be rich
    ----------
    LOL! That explains why we don't get paid for ministering, and why we voluntarily ***he our income in addition to other charitable giving.

    The poster is clearly projecting.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    726

    Default

    Not necessarily projecting--he may just be trolling:

    "In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.) ---wikipedia
    From the forum rules: "The definition of a derogatory term is one that insults, belittles or treats a group or individual with contempt. "

    "If you have to resort to making fun of people and their ideas, you have nothing valuable to contribute here."

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Not necessarily projecting--he may just be trolling:

    "In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.) ---wikipedia
    Making false accusations is a sin
    magazine is still running, location as changed. contact us for the internet address

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidT View Post
    Making false accusations is a sin

    Then you should stop doing it.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    726

    Default

    "Making false accusations is a sin"


    Yes, it is. That is one MORE reason to stop being a troll. Maybe we could amend the dictionary definition using your insightful statement, as follows:

    "In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet--OFTEN MAKING FALSE ACCUSATIONS--to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages OR FALSE ACCUSATIONS in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.) "

    What do you think of that?
    From the forum rules: "The definition of a derogatory term is one that insults, belittles or treats a group or individual with contempt. "

    "If you have to resort to making fun of people and their ideas, you have nothing valuable to contribute here."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •