Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Books

So with no ending to the 7th day in the whole Bible, we got to ask, "Do we have a right to add our own ending to the scriptures?"

So do we?

I dont think we do.

So David....

Now about the personal stuff....
    By "personal stuff" I mean when a post is more about the other person, and no longer just about bible text.

I try to over look that kind of posting.

I have been a member of this forum for a long.....long.....long time.

and over the years I have been in conversations with all types, not just Christians,
    People in cults.
    People in Islam
    People in different movements.
    People with all kinds of weird ideas.

and one thing I have noticed in them all is a common manner they tend to act when they dont get their way.
    They get nasty.
    They get personal.

They get frustrated that their favorite arguments don't work, and so that try to change the topic and make this "about the other person"

They go from just talking about their "ideas" to later only being able to attack the other person.

So David....its just you and me here now.
    There are no audience of listeners following the conversation on this forum any more.

Just you and I.

I have read your book....I did this because you requested it.

No one forced me to get such a book...I have only done so as a way to open a door to being able to take my turn at reaching you with what I have to share.

and this is what I have to share.....its a challenge/question.

Here is is...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Show me where the Bible teaches that the 7th day has ended?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>

Thats it David,
    Justr that one request for a support from the Bible that teaches the 7th day has already ended that is clear and does not require the reader to insert a meaning into the text that is not found there.

for 6 days we have very clear endings. Each day ends with the very same words used.
    Its written so clearly that you cant miss it .

, and if you can show me such a clear ending to the 7th day then you are correct.

But...
    If you cant?

Then I then ask you to challenge me to address any other issues that tend to sway people to the Young Earth Creation teachers....and see if I can answer them?
    Last edited by alan; 10-11-2020 at 05:54 PM.

today is Oct 20, and a moment ago on NASA Tv I watched the TAG sample/return mission land on a rock in space that is untold billions of years old, take a sample, and back away.

I was so proud of the people at NASA and my country.

I am also reminded of the fact this type of science is talked about in the Genesis story when God brings the animals to the man to see what the man would call them?

This genesis story is the first science by man and is about the study of God's creation.

Science and the search for understanding of the universe is God's idea for men...

Exodus 20:11
    Verse Concepts

For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day and made it holy.

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Creation
    check the new book thread to find my new books

they can't verify that age for the rock. don't twist the scripture, it is not an ancient science lesson but a revelation

you twist scripture to fit your point of view. thanks for buying the book but I won't discuss with you anymore

well.....

Here is a little thing I might point out to you....

If you simply cant handle a Christian that has this slight disagreement with you about the side issues of how to understand Genesis, HOW.....oh HOW will you ever manage to stand against the storm when true non-believers oppose you?

think about that....

Think about that for a moment....for here on this Walter Martin Forum you have a chance to practice your ability to defend your views with a Christian brother who always shows respect for you as a person, and who invites you to stand up and speak from your heart all you have to say.

When is that going to happen in the real world?......(it never happens)

When are you going to ever find a "debate partner" that is so easy to get along with and so ready to go the extra mile for you?

Iron sharpen iron......but only when you hold both irons together.....