Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UPCI Standards Questions

jade84116

Post UPCI Standards Questions

What do you think of the UPCI's holiness standards? What do you think of their refusal to serve in the military or politics?

jean

Quote Originally Posted by jade84116 View Post
    What do you think of the UPCI's holiness standards? What do you think of their refusal to serve in the military or politics?

jade,
    I wasn'rt aware that oneness refused to serve in the military.
    My only son served in Vietnom. He came home safely.

Holiness standards ? God looks on the heart of man, not his outside appearance.
    Although, I agree, modesty is the key word in our dress, especially for today.
    I can't understand why you can't cut your hair?
    Paul was preaching to the Corinthian church, to the Jews.
    This is a cultural issue. This is 2009, not 55 AD.
    However, if you want to keep your hair long, I guess it's okay, as long as you aren't judging those who chose not to.
    Do you believe this as a salvation issue?

God bless,
    jean

jade84116

Post For My Edification

Quote Originally Posted by jean View Post
    Do you believe this as a salvation issue?
    I've no opinion. I just wanted to know what others thought for my own edification.

Kat

Default 1 Samuel 16

7But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

You notice in this scripture it says God looks at our heart he see's where men can not see.
    Man see's the outward appearance of a person, so the way we dress is how men will see us, in
    Deut 22 vs 5.The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God. of course in the days of Abraham men wore robes as well as woman BUT.. womens robes were longer then the mens, and men wore pant's under their robes.. they still had their distinguish clothes both for men and woman... Abomination means Extreme hatred-in saying that time's have changed now they have turned menswear into womenswear (Pant's shorts etc)
    in Corinthians 6v 9-10 it says 9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
    10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. Effeminate a person who dresses like a woman or Man, in saying this alot of clothes, pants look great on women and they do look like women, and I will say that only God is the judge not man, I don't frown on woman walking into the church with a pants on, I love them the way God loves them because he doe's the changes not us. what it is, men look at a women diferently from a womens point, and they see all the curves of a women, even tho we can not stop a man from lusting we can do our best to try not to provoke it from happening, by not revealing too much of our body, long skirts past the knees, not too tight, no low blouses to show our chest, etc Modest apparel for God.. Our hair 1 corinthians 11
    13.Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?
    14Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
    15But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.
    Did you know our long hair is a covering for our husbands and our children, it has power thats why God says its a glory for her... remember Man changes God never changes
    and his word never changes... Ive known alot of people especially ministers of God where their wifes have cut their hair, the men are now with another women out of church and the children are in the world, so my hair is a covering for my husband and my children, I want to be safe and please God I don't care what men think about my way of dress or my long hair, I do it because I want to please our God

God Bless sorry for taking up your whole page
    Sister Kat

John Carr

Jade, I know of Oneness people who serve in the military, both Enlisting and those during the Vietnam era doing so when drafted, serving as Medics in many cases.
    I don't know of many serving in political positions, but I do know one Brother is on the State House I believe it is in Missouri and another fellow was a State Supreme Court Judge in Mississippi.

JC
    Last edited by John Carr; 04-22-2009 at 04:29 PM.

John Carr

Jean, God does look on the inward, but he also expects his real saints dressed and looking different on the outward when the inward is clean.
    Oneness don't dress like the trinitarians and the world.
    Women don't wear makeup and jewelery nor cut their hair and dress immodestly.
    Neither men or women drink or curse, or smoke and men are to not have long hair or dress immodest and act or look feminine.

JC

PostTribber

Default Romans 8:1 update

Quote Originally Posted by John Carr View Post
    Jean, God does look on the inward, but he also expects his real saints dressed and looking different on the outward when the inward is clean. Oneness don't dress like the trinitarians and the world. Women don't wear makeup and jewelery nor cut their hair and dress immodestly. Neither men or women drink or curse, or smoke and men are to not have long hair or dress immodest and act or look feminine. JC
    "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Oneness."

jean

Jean, God does look on the inward, but he also expects his real saints dressed and looking different on the outward when the inward is clean.
    Neither men or women drink or curse, or smoke and men are to not have long hair or dress immodest and act or look feminine.

JC
    john,
    There are many ways to live as a chirstian.
    We are not to judge other christians.
    Feed the poor. Visit the sick. Be a loving witness. Not by telling others where to go tho church , but how to love each other.
    The Lord will judge how we live not how we look.
    The Bible speaks of drunkeness, this most certainly is a sin. But not drinking a gl*** of wine. Jesus performed his first miracle at the wedding of Cana. He changed the water into wine. what do you think the people did with the wine?
    Smoking is bad for a persons health. Dressing in the manner which you have described certainly doesn't reflect a christian lifestyle. You must be referring to worldly folks, right?
    Mt.22:37 read the advice Jesus gives to his disciples. Do you love your neighbor?

God bless,
    jean

jean

Quote Originally Posted by PostTribber View Post
    tribber,
    I don't know any christian that lives the lifestyle which you have described. Do you?
    Can you recite the Ten Commandments today, without looking them up?
    That is how the Lord wants us to live.

Praise God,
    jean

Beukeboom

JC
    Quite the example of the extreme legalism that Oneness Pentecostalim adheres to similarly to the Pharisees. Oneness Pentecostalism's legalistic extremism places OP tradition above Scripture just as the Pharisees did. This illustrates another area in which Oneness Pentecostalism departs from Scripture.

jean

post tribber,
    The one signifcant error of the oneness faith is , denying the Trinity.
    Oneness teach that Jesus is his own Father.
    Who died on the cross for your sins? the Son or the Father?
    Please preface your reply with scripture.

God bless,
    jean

jean

JC
    john,
    There are other believers that have certain dress codes as well. Amish, Catholics.
    All christians know how they should dress and conduct themselves.
    We have to confess our sins before we can receive the Body and Blood of Christ. We honor the Lord by our actions.
    If your church demands that the ladies dress and wear their hair because they want to that's fine, but if they choose not to, what would happen to them?
    Explain the reasons given, please.

jean

jean

The verse reads "In Christ."

jean

jean

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    7But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

You notice in this scripture it says God looks at our heart he see's where men can not see.
    Man see's the outward appearance of a person, so the way we dress is how men will see us, in
    Deut 22 vs 5.The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God. of course in the days of Abraham men wore robes as well as woman BUT.. womens robes were longer then the mens, and men wore pant's under their robes.. they still had their distinguish clothes both for men and woman... Abomination means Extreme hatred-in saying that time's have changed now they have turned menswear into womenswear (Pant's shorts etc)
    in Corinthians 6v 9-10 it says 9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
    10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. Effeminate a person who dresses like a woman or Man, in saying this alot of clothes, pants look great on women and they do look like women, and I will say that only God is the judge not man, I don't frown on woman walking into the church with a pants on, I love them the way God loves them because he doe's the changes not us. what it is, men look at a women diferently from a womens point, and they see all the curves of a women, even tho we can not stop a man from lusting we can do our best to try not to provoke it from happening, by not revealing too much of our body, long skirts past the knees, not too tight, no low blouses to show our chest, etc Modest apparel for God.. Our hair 1 corinthians 11
    14Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
    15But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.
    Did you know our long hair is a covering for our husbands and our children, it has power thats why God says its a glory for her... remember Man changes God never changes
    and his word never changes... Ive known alot of people especially ministers of God where their wifes have cut their hair, the men are now with another women out of church and the children are in the world, so my hair is a covering for my husband and my children, I want to be safe and please God I don't care what men think about my way of dress or my long hair, I do it because I want to please our God

Sister Kat

Duet. 22:5 refers to transves***es. This verse refers to men and women. They not to reverse their sexual roles.
    If a lady is wearing jeans or slacks today that doesn't mean she is trying to change her sexual iden***y. she is just wearing what is in style today.

About the length of hair. 1Cor 11:10 reads, ""For this reson a woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head." In this case it is a veil.
    Not the length of hair.
    Verse 16 refers to this as a custom. Customs change. We are longer wearing robes or sandals. Where do you draw the line? We could join the Amish church. They seem to have a dress code too.

God bless,
    jean

God bess,
    jean

jean

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post

Sister Kat

kat,
    We are interested in what you believe.
    How is the length of your hair considerd a covering for your family?
    We as christians are covered by the shed blood of Christ, not the length of our hair. The length of hair? This is simply a cultural issue.

Do you view this custom that you practice a salvation issue? If so, where does it read that you are saved by the length of your hair?
    There are two main sacraments for christians, baptism and Holy Communion.
    Long hair is not a sacrament.

God bless,
    jean

jean

post tribber,
    Oneness who deny the Trinity?
    This is a very serious doctrinal error.
    You don't know who God is.
    How is God presented to you in scripture? How do you see Him?

jean

PostTribber

Default Jean!

I was being 'facetious'.

John Carr

Default We can see that this fellow doesn't hold to standards

Quote Originally Posted by Beukeboom View Post
    Quite the example of the extreme legalism that Oneness Pentecostalim adheres to similarly to the Pharisees. Oneness Pentecostalism's legalistic extremism places OP tradition above Scripture just as the Pharisees did. This illustrates another area in which Oneness Pentecostalism departs from Scripture.
    As with most trinitarian false church people, they hold to no biblical standards as shown in DT. 22;5 where women are not to dress in clothing pertaining to a man, it is a abomination.
    We see women with painted faces and looking like tramps and thus are not shamefaced as 1 TIM 2:9 states.
    We know trinity women must put on jewelery and attract men to them, instead of to Christ and this is against 1 tim 2;9 adn 1 pet 3:3.
    We also know that most trinity women , just like the world cut thie hair and deny the Biblical truth of not cutting hair found in 1 Cor.11:1-16.

Add piercings and tatoos and drinking and smoking and cussing and the trinity women and weak kneed men are not Holy and not saved, they choose not to be.

John Carr

MOST CATHOLICS HAVE NO STANDARDS OF HOLINESS.
    Amish adn Dunkards and German Baptists and some Mennonites hold extreme dress practices from previous centuries, thinking that to conform to dress codes of the 2oth century is wrong. Why ain't they holding to dress codes with robes, instead they took on the dress code from the time their were birthed as reformation churches and really are still mostly trinitarians which mean they are unsaved anyway.

Beukeboom

As with most trinitarian false church people, they hold to no biblical standards as shown in DT. 22;5 where women are not to dress in clothing pertaining to a man, it is a abomination.
    We see women with painted faces and looking like tramps and thus are not shamefaced as 1 TIM 2:9 states.
    We know trinity women must put on jewelery and attract men to them, instead of to Christ and this is against 1 tim 2;9 adn 1 pet 3:3.
    We also know that most trinity women , just like the world cut thie hair and deny the Biblical truth of not cutting hair found in 1 Cor.11:1-16.

Add piercings and tatoos and drinking and smoking and cussing and the trinity women and weak kneed men are not Holy and not saved, they choose not to be.
    And you flat out lie here. God abhors your deceit.

WildCard~

[COLOR="blue"]Jean, God does look on the inward, but he also expects his real saints dressed and looking different on the outward when the inward is clean.

WRONG! God looking for a clean heart! A clean heart will reflect Christ love within/ without us...This is the sign folks should see, Christ love shining forth, within from without! Sure they'll be an outward change, just not a wardrobe one!

Wrong again! Oneness dress like many LDS polygamist groups! A lot women don't cut or wear makeup, nor are they Oneness! Sorry but you Oneness folks look and dress just like the world you speak out against!

JC
    At this point your just being ridicules or just dense , alot people don't do these things above, they are not Oneness!

You are delusional !
    Last edited by WildCard~; 06-02-2009 at 12:50 AM.

John Carr

Those Biblical scriptures tear you up don't they.
    No lies, that is real Biblical truth.
    Women who dress in pants are a abomination. Theya re paiting their faces and are not shamefaced, they wear jewelery adn immodest clothing against 1 tim 2:9 and 1 pet.3:3

Put up some links to women in your church, or organization if you don't have a web site.
    I bet we sin plenty of sin and corruption.

John Carr

My name is not Schmit, my name is John Carr and you are not using my real name and are making false accusations, you are also in error on how Oneness women dress, they do not dress like Mormons or LDSers, some may, but that is not the norm of dress.

Trinity men and women are not following Holiness.

I use scriptures, you folks got none for the filthy lifestyles you are in.

WildCard~

My name is not Schmit, my name is John Carr and you are not using my real name and are making false accusations, you are also in error on how Oneness women dress, they do not dress like Mormons or LDSers, some may, but that is not the norm of dress.

Trinity men and women are not following Holiness.

I use scriptures, you folks got none for the filthy lifestyles you are in.

Your transparent!

John Carr

I don't live in Lafayette,
    and don't have a clue what you are referring to.

Saying something about a Bob may mean something to them, but my name is John Carr and they will have no clue what you are speaking about.