Quote Originally Posted by MacG View Post
U sure? Ch2 says there was no vegetation on the earth because God had not yet sent rain while ch1 says that God spoke and there was vegetation appeared all in one day with no mention of rain. Which timeline is correct?

You appearantly are not aware that Walter Martin held to the flood being localized. Wherever man and his animals were, else how do you explain the kangaroos in Austrailia found no where else in the world ?
Yes, I am sure, otherwise there would be a contradiction, right there, at the beginning of the Bible. (in ch 1 Elohim created out-of-nothing, in ch 2 Yahweh Elohim formed from already existing dust; ch 2:5 cannot contradict ch 1:11-12)
No, I was not aware of Martin's views. As I mentioned above, if "world" meant to Noah only his local world, a lot of possibilities open up, including survivers other than Noah's household. I asked the question regarding kangaroos, too.
I certainly do not think the New Testament can stand without the Old. (for one thing, without an original sin and sinner(s) what need is there for God to send someone to suffer other people's punishment?)

Now listen to Ken Ham above, he explains the predicament very eloquently.
(the reason I brought up the "Liberal Theology" lecture is because in it Martin spells out that there is no room for error or interpretation 'if Jesus is not lord of all, he is not lord at all', 'if Jesus was a child of his time, and could have been mistaken regarding the mustard seed')
_____
http://emahiser.christogenea.org/ind...chronology.htm