Quote Originally Posted by wind11 View Post
>>>It seems to me the criteria you are setting
No, what seems to you is that you are purposly twisting my words because you don't want to talk about the question.
Inspiration cannot be incorrect. What sort of bigger purpose can be based on a legend ? for, if the flood mentioned in the Bible really took place in ~9500 B.C., it is only a legend plagirazed from the sumerians. If Genesis is not history of the universe and history of planet Earth and the people on it, the bigger purpose is just some invention of some apostate pharisee who took it upon himself to misguide the non-hebrews.
The New Testament refers to the Old Testament as if fact and history.
Suggested lecture:
http://www.yamaguchy.netfirms.com/wa...youngEarth.mp3
Please download, then listen

>>>>What's your take on scientific dating methods ?
As far as I heard, everyone of them has problems, and everyone of them contradicts the Bible. Somebody must be incorrect.

>>>>No, according to some people's interpretation of the Bible
The Bible presents a line of people with dates of birth from Adam to Noah, to Jacob, to king David, to Jesus. If that is open to interpretation, the whole book is. If the flood took place in 3300 b.c., as Dr. TV Oommen suggests, the genealogy needs to be adjusted, the gap needs to be filled with people.

Re. 1 John 3:1---
If Genesis is in-correct, or open to interpretation, who is this God and what need do we have for his attachment ?
Wind11,

If we are to interpret the OT through the light of the NT perhaps we can use this as a clue:

Jn 21:25 Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.

God saw fit to only preserve the outline of the life and ministry of our Lord. He gave us enough but not every minute detail. Almost a Cliff's Notes view of the life of Christ. I think that we have the same in the Genesis "timelines". Remember Moses wrote it all down. Most of it all happened waaaay before him it's not suprising then for God to have given him a synopsis like in Luke. I am sure science has it's dating/timeline flaws but the bible is a middle eastern collection of books that deal with relationships and is not much of a western science book.

Inspiration cannot be incorrect.
But it may "incomplete" from our point of view.

So what's in it is true. What's in it is most important for what's eternally important.

Blessings,

MacG