Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Self-Composed-Questionaire

ActRaiser

Default Self-Composed-Questionaire

Question # 1:
    Why is ****sexuality a sin?

Note: I know the answer to this question, I just don't know it in very deep detail.

Question # 2:
    Does ****sexuality **** a Christian to Hell?

Note: I think a Christian can be ****sexual, I do however, believe in the Bema Seat.

Question # 3:
    Is ****sexual lifestyle choices proven to be detrimental to a gay person's health?

Note: While I believe that the answer is yes, I am unlucky enough to not find detail on it.

Question # 4:
    What is your personal opinion of ****sexuality?

Note: While I know this is a Walter Martin website, I want to see details for the answer to Question # 4.

Question # 5:
    Why does ****sexuality seem to get more attention than the abortion issue?

Columcille

Quote Originally Posted by ActRaiser View Post
    Question # 1:
    The Catechism of the Catholic Church teaches that 1849 "sin is an offense against reason, truth, and right conscience; it is failure in genuine love for God and neighbo caused by a perverse attachent to certain goods. It wounds the nature of man and injures human solidarity. It has been defined as 'an utterance, a deed, or a desire contrary to the eternal law'. St. Augustine, Contra Faustum 22; St Thomas Aquinas, SThI-II,71,6." To discuss further, ****sexuality is considered a "mortal sin;" there are three conditions from which we can distinguish mortal sin from venial sin--(1) it is a grave matter and (2) is committed with full knowledge and (3) deliberate consent. CCC1857.
    So in matters related to "truth" which we collect from Sacred Scripture and in the consistency of Sacred Tradition, we know that God abhors ****sexuality in the Torah, and in several places in the N.T. as well. As a matter of reason, ****sexuality is not a product of itself, but a cancorous errosion of family values that has at its base the heterosexual marriage between a man and a woman. ****sexuality cannot produce children from a monogomous male on male or female on female relationship. As a matter of "right conscience," a ****sexual conscience is one that seers and goes against "rightness." The errosion of the conscience turns on them. The idea that it feels right makes it right is a non-sequitur; people make sacrifices, not for themselves, that does not feel right, yet their sacrifices are made for the right reasons. As Jesus, knowing what lay ahead of him in terms of the pain and subsequent death on the cross, made a conscience decision regardless of the "feeling." People feel good getting high, some people feel good being in control and murder people for their perverse need, or rape people, or whatever it may be. Feeling good, feeling loved, does not make it so. Real love is a producer and ****sexuality does not have that quality.

Question # 2:
    Such a "Christian" is only a professing one, the act itself without being repented off is an act of rebellion against God, so yes.

Note: I think a Christian can be ****sexual, I do however, believe in the Bema Seat.

Question # 3:
    Is ****sexual lifestyle choices proven to be detrimental to a gay person's health?
    Probably in risk. HIV's biggest group is amongst the gay community.

Note: While I believe that the answer is yes, I am unlucky enough to not find detail on it.

Question # 4:
    It is a sad situation that there is any sin in this world at all. It is bad enough that everyone has to feel pain and die and pay taxes. ****sexuality is a desease very much like obesity, alcoholism, and any behavioral addiction. The ****sexual believes, like all addicts, that they need it and justify their behavior around the addiction, it consumes them.

Note: While I know this is a Walter Martin website, I want to see details for the answer to Question # 4.

Question # 5:
    Q5, I think there are several reasons. First of all, there are a lot of non-Christians who are as much against it than there is with the abortion issue. The push for acceptance by the ****sexual community is receiving a backlash for the very reasons that Christianity is perceived out-of-vogue--namely, they are preaching it in the education curricullum, Hollywood dribble, and practically preaching it down our throats in every medium available at their disposal. One only has to see California vote against gay marriage over and over again only for them to try to subvert the people and attempt to put into the judicial seat judges whom agree with their liberal policies and make laws from the bench to subvert it. Of course, we have seen this elsewhere. Abortion was legislated from the bench in Roe v. Wade.
    Last edited by Columcille; 03-18-2009 at 03:30 PM. Reason: placing quote brackets. Addition to Q1

ActRaiser

Feeling good, feeling loved, does not make it so. Real love is a producer and ****sexuality does not have that quality.
    Agreed. . However, I have to be frank, I think I may be a ****sexual myself. I don't want to be, I want God to take the sin out of my life and I am celibate. What if ****sexuality is nothing but a corruption of an innocent person through a conseqence of being raped/sexually abused?

As a sex slave, I was forced to much that cannot be discussed on this board. However, please see where I am coming from. I think that personal experience does account for much evidence for firm convictions as long as our view point of experiences don't contradict The Bible.

Trinity

Agreed. . However, I have to be frank, I think I may be a ****sexual myself. I don't want to be, I want God to take the sin out of my life and I am celibate. What if ****sexuality is nothing but a corruption of an innocent person through a conseqence of being raped/sexually abused?

As a sex slave, I was forced to much that cannot be discussed on this board. However, please see where I am coming from. I think that personal experience does account for much evidence for firm convictions as long as our view point of experiences don't contradict The Bible.
    Ministry to ****sexual Persons.

’’ The Catholic Bishops of the United States have produced three documents regarding ministry to ****sexual persons: To Live in Christ Jesus (1978); Human Sexuality (1991); and Always Our Children (rev. 1998), a pastoral message to the parents of ****sexual children, with suggestions for pastoral ministers. All three documents emphasize that the ****sexual condition itself is not sinful; it is discovered, not chosen by the individual. All three documents state categorically that ****sexual persons are called to chas***y as are unmarried heterosexual persons. They point out that prejudice, demeaning behavior, or derogatory humor aimed at persons with same-sex attractions is definitely not Christian and is indeed totally unjustified, a sin against charity. The documents call for the inclusion of ****sexual persons in parish and other Church communities. The 1976 document states: ‘‘Some persons find themselves through no fault of their own to have a ****sexual orientation. ****sexual persons like everyone else should not suffer from prejudice against basic human rights. They have a right to respect, friendship and justice. They should have an active role in the Christian Community . . . . The Christian community should provide them a special degree of pastoral understanding and care.’’ Always Our Children continues: ‘‘We understand that having a ****sexual orientation brings with it enough anxiety, pain, and issues related to self acceptance without society adding additional prejudicial treatment.’’

The pastoral minister, therefore, must be charitable, comp***ionate and sensitive. It is hard to realize adequately the anguish that an adolescent experiences, sometimes with thoughts of suicide, upon first realizing he or she is different from the greater society of which each desperately wants to be a participant. As ****sexual individuals grow older they hear, all too often, the mocking of peers and contemptuous, disparaging epithets. Thus it should be no surprise that persons with same-sex attractions are easily vulnerable to self-hatred, depression, and ultimately considerable anger against the society, mentality, and ins***utions which they see as demeaning and rejecting. The pastoral minister must be able to understand and cope with the negativism that they themselves will sometimes meet, to respond to it charitably and prudently, rather than react in ways that will only aggravate smoldering resentments. On the other hand, pastoral ministers must take care that comp***ion does not draw them into condoning or indirectly enabling sinful behaviors by a silence presumed to be consent. This approach can lead to the ****sexual person’s devastating physical and spiritual harm. Besides a firm conviction of Church teaching, the pastoral minister needs some appreciation of the psychology of persons with same-sex attractions. He or she needs an ability prudently to deal with opposition, both from the persons they seek to serve, and those who consider themselves supportive to the ****sexual community by rejecting Church teachings.’’

The New Catholic Encyclopedia, Second Edition
    Thompson and Gale,
    2003, vol. 7, [pages 69-70]

http://www.gale.cengage.com/servlet/...pe=1&id=113827

I do not judge you. This is a heavy cross on your shoulders.

Trinity
    Last edited by Trinity; 03-26-2009 at 10:31 AM.

MacG

Wow. Dude I don't know what to say except that nobody deserves the treatment that has befallen you. Celibacy seems the wise course. Iy also seems to me that temptation is not sin otherwise it could be said that Jesus sinned. I know a guy who struggled with this 20 years ago and got involved with, I think, Love In Action, or Exodus international but he's married now and has kids. The temptations still surface (like any other temptation) and recently he went on another retreat and he said it really blessed him. Now I know that some have tried these kind of groups and it was not for them (some groups are probably toxic) but it worked for this guy. I could imagine groups like this may be not for you given your history but if you'd like I can find out which group has helped him. If even mentioning this sat wrong with you, or brought up bad experiences with these groups my apologies.

May God bless you and heal you and hold you on his love as you renew your mind daily towards becomming more like His Son.

Blessings,

MacG

asdf

Question # 1: Why is ****sexuality a sin?
    Define '****sexuality'. Many within modern Western conservative Christianity seem to define it exclusively based on sex acts, which makes it then easier to denounce '****sexuality' as morally depraved and degenerate.

However, the more common usage has to do with sexual iden***y and orientation, of which there seems to be some level of 'choice' and some level of genetics involved.

It is my opinion that one's propensity/orientation/iden***y toward one gender over another should not be considered a sin.

Furthermore, I believe that committed, monogamous, [in principle] lifelong same-sex relationships can be consistent with Christian morality.

In short, no - I do not believe that ****sexuality is a sin.

Question # 2: Does ****sexuality **** a Christian to Hell?
    No.

Question # 3: Is ****sexual lifestyle choices proven to be detrimental to a gay person's health?
    All sexual behavior carries with it some level of physical risk. It's also true that **** sex (in both hetero- and ****sexual contexts) is particularly risky. However, if practiced within monogamy and using safe sex practices, much of the risk is mitigated.

The detrimental environment of societal stigmatization is also a huge risk factor that should be discussed with regard to ****sexuality:
    Gay and lesbian youth bear an increased risk of suicide, substance abuse, school problems, and isolation because of a "hostile and condemning environment, verbal and physical abuse, rejection and isolation from family and peers". (#)
    Question # 4: What is your personal opinion of ****sexuality?
    See above, and also my answers in the other threads. Feel free to ask me for follow-up if you have more specific questions about my perspective.

Question # 5: Why does ****sexuality seem to get more attention than the abortion issue?
    That's a fantastic question. I find it fascinating that in the most recent election, all the abortion ban initiatives failed, while all the bans on gay marriage (and other gay rights issues like adoption) p***ed.

Considering the vast sums of money thrown at California's Proposition 8 by churches - in particular, the Mormon and Catholic churches - I find it extremely hypocritical that they consider the prevention of gay and lesbian marriages more heinous and worthy of opposing than an issue they ostensibly consider to be one of "life and death".

AllyManderson

Question # 1:
    Why is ****sexuality a sin? Because God says it is.

Question # 2:
    Does ****sexuality **** a Christian to Hell? As shown above it is a sin. If the sinner says that it is NOT a sin then they are knowingly in rebellion to God. If they repent truly of their sins they will cease to engage in these practices.

Question # 3:
    Is ****sexual lifestyle choices proven to be detrimental to a gay person's health? I am not a Doctor. I cannot answer this. But spiritually yes.

Question # 4:
    What is your personal opinion of ****sexuality? I believe that it is a sin. I have no problems being friends with a ****sexual just as I have no quarrel being friends with a Jew or Muslim.
    Question # 5:

Maybe your not looking for it?

ActRaiser

I don't understand your question for number 5.

AllyManderson

I don't understand your question for number 5.
    Why does one sin (****sexuality) recieve more media and political attention than another (murder) ?

I can't answer that. Because people, just have their own distaste for particular sins?

I really don't know.

Maybe if you look for Pro-Life documents you will find them in abundance.

asdf

Quote Originally Posted by AllyManderson View Post
    Why does one sin (****sexuality) recieve more media and political attention than another (murder) ?

I can't answer that. Because people, just have their own distaste for particular sins?

I really don't know.
    Because everyone in society is in agreement that murder is harmful and destructive to the community.

Gay and lesbian people do no such harm, as same-sex relationships are between consenting adults, and there is no compelling non-religious reason to outlaw it.

Maybe if you look for Pro-Life documents you will find them in abundance.
    In last November's US elections, 5 or 6 states (IIRC) had some sort of anti-abortion bill on the ballot, all supported by the "pro-life" movement. There were also one or two states with ballot initiatives removing/restricting rights for gay and lesbian people (most famously, Proposition 8 in California removing marriage rights, but I believe there was also an initiative about adoption rights).

Pro-life groups, religions, and charities - most significantly the Mormon and Catholic churches - spent a m***ively disproportionate amount of money opposing Proposition 8 as they did on any of the abortion bills.

I think the question is, for those groups who ostensibly see abortion as the unjust taking of a life, why should removing the rights of gay and lesbian people be seen as more important, more significant, more deserving of spending "pro-life" dollars?

AllyManderson

Quote Originally Posted by asdf View Post
    Because everyone in society is in agreement that murder is harmful and destructive to the community.

Gay and lesbian people do no such harm, as same-sex relationships are between consenting adults, and there is no compelling non-religious reason to outlaw it.

In last November's US elections, 5 or 6 states (IIRC) had some sort of anti-abortion bill on the ballot, all supported by the "pro-life" movement. There were also one or two states with ballot initiatives removing/restricting rights for gay and lesbian people (most famously, Proposition 8 in California removing marriage rights, but I believe there was also an initiative about adoption rights).

Pro-life groups, religions, and charities - most significantly the Mormon and Catholic churches - spent a m***ively disproportionate amount of money opposing Proposition 8 as they did on any of the abortion bills.

I think the question is, for those groups who ostensibly see abortion as the unjust taking of a life, why should removing the rights of gay and lesbian people be seen as more important, more significant, more deserving of spending "pro-life" dollars?
    I am from the United Kingdom firend and I don't know what the North American papers are filled with.

We have allowed "Civil Partnership" which cannot be called marraige.

Abortion gets a lot more attention over here in the UK (particularly in Scotland). So I could not answer the question fairly.

TRiG

Question # 5:
    The churches know they won't win on abortion, so they don't bother trying.

Meanwhile, they can still take away rights from minority groups; their anti-equality were filled with fear-mongering nonsense, but it worked. They're trying the same tactics now in Maine, talking about what will be taught to kids in schools, even though that has absolutely nothing to do with the question on the ballot.

Christians in the media tell a lot of lies. Always remember that.

TRiG.

Columcille

Quote Originally Posted by TRiG View Post
    The churches know they won't win on abortion, so they don't bother trying.

Meanwhile, they can still take away rights from minority groups; their anti-equality were filled with fear-mongering nonsense, but it worked. They're trying the same tactics now in Maine, talking about what will be taught to kids in schools, even though that has absolutely nothing to do with the question on the ballot.

TRiG.
    Abortion will eventually become illegal, just as slavery ended. Roe V. Wade has only been around since the early 1970s, and slavery had an earlier start and longer history in America, from what 1619 to 1870? So what is that, almost 40 years with the ramped up abortion debate to the debate on slavery that lasted over 200 years?

To me though, while innocent life is being squelched by abortion pills and actual surgical removal, it is the supporters of abortion that are procuring the abortions mainly. To me, your just killing of your future cons***uency. At least God loves the little children, but sin always has a price to be paid, both spiritually and also temporally. Such sin can be forgiven, but the damage done cannot be in most cases undone. I'd like to see the statistic on women that recieved abortion and these same women percentages of miscarriages when they decided later on to have their own children.

It does not really matter at this point what the politicized atmosphere is favorable to the abortionist, it is a moral issue just as slavery was, and while Christians have to live in the political reality of such legally immoral ins***utions, these will eventually crumble because they are on the wrong side of the issue. May not win in my generation or lifetime, but it will be resolved eventually, as Christ is God, perhaps even he will end it abruptly on his Second Coming.

Austin Canes

Default Not Really

Quote Originally Posted by Columcille View Post
    Abortion will eventually become illegal, just as slavery ended...
    That isn't as likely as human beings FINALLY getting the idea, that unwanted conceptions are what is to be avoided.

Why would people allow someone to become pregnant, when that isn't what was actually intended? Irresponsibility and recklessness come to mind, but I'd agree that abortion of a fetus is NOT actually a good solution to the problem.

Even so, I doubt that abortion will become illegal.
    Last edited by Austin Canes; 10-24-2009 at 02:45 PM. Reason: word changed (due to site auto-censoring)

Columcille

If the innate problems of slavery is a matter of freedom, it is based on the sanc***y of the individual life. As such, the abolitionist was considered conservative wackos just as much as the pro-life cons***uency. It took the Civil War to end slavery, it will take a bloodless revolution to do the same with abortion. After all, the life that is being taken is the abortionist's own babies. As such, it is their future cons***uency that is being killed off. I remain as hopeful as the abolitionist in the moral cer***ude of abortion as an evil ins***ution. The fact that you recognize that "a fetus is NOT actually a good solution to the problem" means that the prochoice position does not have the moral cer***ude to convince you and many others of its favorability. So the seeds of its own demise are already in place, but slavery's history in the 1600s probably did not have this progression or erosion or "question" as to its "NOT actually a good solution to the problem." If you doubt its ability to become illegal someday, means you have no conviction of the moral cer***ude that it is innately wrong and evil.

Austin Canes

Default What do YOU expect to happen?

...If you doubt its ability to become illegal someday, means you have no conviction of the moral cer***ude that it is innately wrong and evil.
    You ***ume too much. My 'list' of right/wrongs are far more extensive than I have shared here; be that as it may, I don't expect reality to somehow line up with MY view of right/wrong.

And there are things (including abortion) I have actually spoken and acted against (as I was led to); but it isn't as if I expect the world or reality itself to follow along with my sense of morality on various matters. That would just be a recipe for discontentment and ultimately madness.

GiGi

You were victimized, and that changes a person. Can it 'make' a person ****sexual? I doubt it, but it probably can cause confusion.
    A person who would be ****sexual if unmolested becomes the victim of ****sexual sexual abuse is no different than a person who would be heterosexual and is the victim of heterosexual sexual abuse. Both might suffer with gender iden***y issues.
    Unfortunately, it sounds to me like you are still being mistreated. The physical abuse (I hope) is over, but your religion places you in a special catagory. It tells you that you must not persue a safe and loving sexual relationship with someone of the same sex. If you are to have a sexual relationship at all, it must be one that your religion approves of.
    To your religion, to any religion, I say, stay out of my bedroom.
    My advice, for what its worth, is to get professional counseling, if you haven't already, to help you deal with the trauma in your life. If you think that you should not be allowed to have a sexual partner, or be loved, simply because of who you are, then I think you (and your religion) have a twisted view of human sexuality and relationships.

Columcille

Quote Originally Posted by GiGi View Post
    You were victimized, and that changes a person. Can it 'make' a person ****sexual? I doubt it, but it probably can cause confusion.
    A person who would be ****sexual if unmolested becomes the victim of ****sexual sexual abuse is no different than a person who would be heterosexual and is the victim of heterosexual sexual abuse. Both might suffer with gender iden***y issues.
    Unfortunately, it sounds to me like you are still being mistreated. The physical abuse (I hope) is over, but your religion places you in a special catagory. It tells you that you must not persue a safe and loving sexual relationship with someone of the same sex. If you are to have a sexual relationship at all, it must be one that your religion approves of.
    To your religion, to any religion, I say, stay out of my bedroom.
    My advice, for what its worth, is to get professional counseling, if you haven't already, to help you deal with the trauma in your life. If you think that you should not be allowed to have a sexual partner, or be loved, simply because of who you are, then I think you (and your religion) have a twisted view of human sexuality and relationships.
    This is what I call throwing out the bible for a postmodern worldview. Let's forget what the Scripture says, lets forget what Christendom's history is as a whole body views regarding ****sexuality. Religion's function is make people better people within the confines of its worldview. People who ascent to the worldview because they feel as though they recognize something genuine in it. Their are councilers who differ from one another in their advice and their approach. From what you said, it would appear that your advising council is going to mainly be from a non-Christian, or liberal Christian, counciler. Counciling is a good thing, but one must be selective about who they are going to trust to disclose such personal details. My recommendation for counciling is to get a referral from a Catholic/Orthodox priest and perhaps sit down and have a penatent talk with the priest. Even though you will not get absolution from them from not being a confirmed Catholic/Orthodox respectively, they can give you insites in dealing with temptation and other advise and their discussion with you is strictly confidential.

GiGi

This is what I call throwing out the bible for a postmodern worldview. Let's forget what the Scripture says, lets forget what Christendom's history is as a whole body views regarding ****sexuality. Religion's function is make people better people within the confines of its worldview. People who ascent to the worldview because they feel as though they recognize something genuine in it. Their are councilers who differ from one another in their advice and their approach. From what you said, it would appear that your advising council is going to mainly be from a non-Christian, or liberal Christian, counciler. Counciling is a good thing, but one must be selective about who they are going to trust to disclose such personal details. My recommendation for counciling is to get a referral from a Catholic/Orthodox priest and perhaps sit down and have a penatent talk with the priest. Even though you will not get absolution from them from not being a confirmed Catholic/Orthodox respectively, they can give you insites in dealing with temptation and other advise and their discussion with you is strictly confidential.
    I don't know if the poster is Catholic, Protestant, Muslim, if he's got brown or blue eyes, is left or right handed. I don't know the details of the ***aults against him. I only know what he has shared with us.
    He was victimized. You know what that means, don't you? Few things negatively impact a person's mental health in the way sexual abuse does.
    Counseling isn't for everyone, but if its going to be helpful, one must find a therapist, counselor, or physician that he/she is comfortable with. That person need not be religious (or not religious). If the counselor will further handicap the individual because he is not able to help his patient heal and accept who he is, its time to look for another professional.
    I did not say to throw out the bible. I said don't let other people beat you over the head with it!

TRiG

I did not say to throw out the bible. I said don't let other people beat you over the head with it!
    Consider this a phantom rep point, since I can't give you a real one.

TRiG.

GiGi

Consider this a phantom rep point, since I can't give you a real one.

TRiG.
    Thanks, Trig. Those are the best kind. Love ya.

Columcille

Thanks, Trig. Those are the best kind. Love ya.
    It's not love, Trig, it is a firing of neurons in her brain that gives her a warm and fuzzy.

GiGi

It's not love, Trig, it is a firing of neurons in her brain that gives her a warm and fuzzy.
    Its the firing of fuzzy neurons that keep the home fires burnin'

TheWolfman99

Question # 1:
    Because it is an unnatural act that goes against the way God intended things. Not to mention the Bible expressly condemns it.

Question # 2:
    Sins are an act against God. Although Christians will sin, knowingly and openly sinning, or defying God shows that a person is not saved. The unsaved will perish. A Christian will not continually sin against God. ****sexuality is a overt sin against God. Nowhere in the Bible are we told ****sexuality is fine or unsinful.

Question # 3:
    ****sexuality can have several negative effects on a person. Aids, hemmorhoids, etc.. to name but a few.

Question # 4:
    I am sternly against ****sexuality as it is a sin against God. I do not, however, hate or even dislike ****sexuals themselves. I love them as Christ commanded me, but I will not ever waiver in that it's not okay.

Question # 5:
    I'm not aware that it does.

TheWolfman99

TRiG.
    I don't buy this. Can you give some examples? And I'm not talking about all the links you posted on that other thread. I looked through several of them and couldn't really see what you were talking about.

I'm talking about blatant lies by ACTUAL CHRISTIANS, not people, like Oprah, that claim to be one or something similar.