Quote Originally Posted by ActRaiser View Post
You can be. To give an example, Solomon was a rampant luster. He was perhaps one of the biggest sinners in the entire Bible, but he was definitely on God's side. However even for Solomon there were consequences for his sinning.

I will study the scriptures more to give a deeper answer into this question, but just understand where I'm coming from. I don't acknowledge ****sexuality as an acceptable life style, but I do believe even unrepentant sinners can get into Heaven.

That doesn't mean they will have as much fun there as those who lived godly lives. There is evidence for a degree of reward in both Heaven and Hell
I greatly appreciate your perspective, ActRaiser. Columcille has earlier quoted 1 Cor 6.9-10: "Do you not know that the unjust will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators nor idolaters nor adulterers nor boy pros***utes nor sodomites nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God."

I'll discuss my interpretation of these verses at a later time, but for now I'd like to support what you say by pointing out that even if the words translated here as "boy pros***utes" and "sodomites" could be taken to refer to a modern-day gay person in a committed, monogamous, lifelong relationship, Paul here puts these categories of "sinners" all on the same level.

That is, "adulterers", "boy pros***utes" and "sodomites" are no more in danger of exclusion from the kingdom of God than the greedy and slanderers. If we're going to especially pick out gay and lesbian people, we'd better be similarly prepared to condemn consumerism and gluttony. (These things strike me personally much closer to home than the list of sexual sins, and in my estimation they're much more widespread...)