Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your understanding of...

Jean Chauvin

Default Answer

Genesis 19:24 is called a theophany. Meaning, the 2nd person of the Trinity blew up the city.

God the Father (Yahveh is used here) from above sent down fire to God the son from earth, and God the Son then threw it to the direction of this city and we had a bombing.

So, when somebody asks you, "what would Jesus bomb," that's you answer. Genesis 19:24.

It was bombed as an example of God's judgment. Though, other cities were also done away with for various reasons.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by MacG View Post
    ...why God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah?

Blessings,

MacG
    The cities were destroyed because of the GAYs......It will serve throughout the generations as both a warning and example of God's views on the GAYs and their eternal fate.

Sodom and Gomorrah leave no wiggle room....
    They are a final statement, Case-closed!

asdf

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    The cities were destroyed because of the GAYs......It will serve throughout the generations as both a warning and example of God's views on the GAYs and their eternal fate.

Sodom and Gomorrah leave no wiggle room....
    They are a final statement, Case-closed!
    Yawn. Another day, another blustery, ****fixated, oddly capitalized, evidence-free set of ***ertions that have a tenuous grasp on the OP, no grounding in the ensuing conversation and claim to be an unquestionable authority on the views of the Divine based on nothing but alanmolstad's own say-so.

Wake me up when you have something to say.

alanmolstad

...why God destroyed Sodom and Gommorah?

Blessings,

MacG
    .....I think the Bible tells us the reason....there were some angels sent to the city to see what was going on...They ran into the men of that city that attempted to do ****-rape on them....and the result of this was the fire that came down and consumed them....

So basically God destroyed them due to all the GAYS there...and this sits well in agreement where we learn in the New testament that the GAYS do not enter into the Kingdom.....

.....I think the Bible tells us the reason....there were some angels sent to the city to see what was going on...They ran into the men of that city that attempted to do ****-rape on them....and the result of this was the fire that came down and consumed them....

So basically God destroyed them due to all the GAYS there...and this sits well in agreement where we learn in the New testament that the GAYS do not enter into the Kingdom.....
    If we willingly transfer those basic ***umptions, exclusivity on every last justification is impossible to ascertain without God. But then, it appears fixations have a foe too.

Here's one you may not have considered, over all the wickedness that He could have taken out the same judgment for, S&G are througout history the guidepost bearing for the moral condition of the culture in which you/they have lived. The more you question that judgement, the further from the proper implementing of those morals you could find yourself.
    Last edited by MichaellS; 04-23-2013 at 02:33 AM.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by MichaellS View Post
    If we willingly transfer those basic ***umptions,.

It's a Bible example of what God thinks.
    We dont have to guess what God's views are, the decent of fire onto the city show us clearly God's views.

yes, the people of that city were guilty of many sins....many sins that we are told about and im sure others missing from our account.

But.... BUT, to make sure we dont misunderstand the meaning of the story we have added to this the story of the angels, the fact they they were attacked by Gays, and the judgement that came clearly as a result.

The words and actions of the angels at the moment of this attack were give in this story as a clear warning to all of us who might try to come up with other reasons for the judgement of God against them....

The angels struck the gays with blindness....and in a very real way a type of blindness strikes all who try to defend the sexual lifestyle being condemned by God in this story....The defenders to this very day are "blind" to God's judgement against them.

The judgement fire is also a warning...for that same judgement of fire awaits they who do not repent of the sin of this city.

asdf

Gang rape is a bad "sexual lifestyle". I think you will find the vast majority of LGBT people will agree with you.

But.... BUT, to make sure we dont misunderstand the meaning of the story .
    Hello alanmolstad,

Sir, is it possible we both tipped the scales of conveying a point with my use of “***umptions” and your “basically”? But by far most of all mine, for it wasn’t at all up for questioning that which was a foundational (“basically”) corruption of the people. That is, foundational as long as it was used in a thorough context (forgive the mincing), as you later did make that quite plain thank you.

So, the OP-question isn’t so removed from general points of interest nor profitability to the general body. No, I would say it is rather at the top of the list. As I was hoping someone would have picked up a piece of my point which is still not in my mind an unfit declaration for our time. It is this, an exact reasoning for S&G’s destruction is also described by what happened to the children of Israel (1 Corinthians 10:11). But I believe the Lord omitted referencing S&G for a further reason; Paul and the others undoubtedly could have used the S&G account, but enhanced the remark against it by dealing with lesser iniquity. To use it in my thinking would have been absurd to the hearer of that time. In other words, the destruction of S&G stands just as the others do, an example and singularly shameful.

But someone might say, ‘but those people of S&G caught up in that didn’t have the benefit of a cache of history to retain that they might have guarded themselves against. But herein is my simple point, here we are with a treasure trove to recall and what do we rather choose? The same thing they did. In that long forgotten battle of Galatians 5, “the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh”, but we have something better to concern ourselves with don’t we.

We currently may have laws in place to curb deviate activities in public but what about the laws of conscience that have a final say to a once and for all deep-searing on the public’s conscience. Not too much is discussed as relevant when a public’s moral ap***ude is in danger of being “darkened”. For as it is described, if at first entrance of the point of being “darkened”, we don’t “lay aside” (Ephesians 4:22), those things representing our former self, we not only cast off His mercy but repeat the warmed-over old man that ultimately frustrates God’s people, Peter describes as “distressed by the depraved” (II Pt 2:7).

So the shift of conscience that continues to dilute man to this day refuses to acknowledge S&G’s demise is actually God’s hard but merciful example to us. That is what I am saying, and Paul’s description is close enough, that they “happened as examples for us”, ,” and they were written for our instruction” (I Corinthians 10:6, 11). The type of thing the foreknowledge of God thought far more beneficial bringing about the destruction of two cities to awaken a whole world to its self-inspecting mind.

alanmolstad

Blessings,

MacG
    he flooded the earth the last time the gays got out of control like this,,and he said he would not use the flood to kill us anymore...so this time he used some type of fire...

MacG

he flooded the earth the last time the gays got out of control like this,,and he said he would not use the flood to kill us anymore...so this time he used some type of fire...
    interesting that you blamed the gats fir Noah's flood...and that's more of a how than why.

alanmolstad

water was the how.....later it was fire that was the how...

the who is the gays....

alanmolstad

Blessings,

MacG
    when you read the story...and the events of the angels who went there...and you get the feeling that what happens to the angels was not all that different than what had happened to others there...you come to the conclusion that these people needed killing.