Thread: Monotheism a Salvation Issue?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    kentuckypreacher

Default One God

I will repeat an earlier post, which has not be answered: one cannot be wrong about faith in the one true God and be pleasing to God (Hebrews 11:6). Unless one believes in the Deity of Christ, he will die in his sins (John 8:24).

tealblue

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckypreacher View Post
    I will repeat an earlier post, which has not be answered: one cannot be wrong about faith in the one true God and be pleasing to God (Hebrews 11:6). Unless one believes in the Deity of Christ, he will die in his sins (John 8:24).
    Well I tend to believe that any Mormon, jehovahs witness, Muslim if they knew the truth would not remain in a non christian religion. I hate to see someone put salvation into simply a correct choice issue.

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by tealblue View Post
    Well I tend to believe that any Mormon, jehovahs witness, Muslim if they knew the truth would not remain in a non christian religion. I hate to see someone put salvation into simply a correct choice issue.
    So if you decided that Baal is God and not YHWH you can still be saved? I mean as long as you call him Jesus as mormonism does.. Hey why not build a gold calf in your yard bow down to it and worship it? After all as long as you give it the right names who cares what your God is, right? This is why Jesus told us:
    John 17:3
    And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

I think you need to rethink your whole premise.. IHS jim

ErikErik

This is why all roads do not lead to heaven and eternal salvation. Belief in a false God or Christ will not save you. Allah cannot save anyone. Nor can a god who used to be a man and had to learn obedience and progress in order to become a god and rule a planet. God is a jealous God and He will not share His glory with anyone.

The Holy Spirit illuminates the Truth to those who are spiritually born-again.