Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Identifying a Christian

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Wiggle.....wiggle....wiggle.......
    You stated you have the facts to back up your information about Walter Martin. Please post the information you have that shows Walter Martin was not a faith alone adherent.

Meanwhile:

http://www.opc.org/qa.html?question_id=200

Though Martin sees the SDA as standing very near to the edge, in the end, he equates them with Arminian evangelicals. His reason for doing so is that in the official documents of the SDA, chief of which is Questions and Answers, they affirm key doctrines such as the inerrancy of scripture and salvation by grace alone through faith alone. Martin is convinced that the SDA affirms these things in an evangelical manner.

http://puritanreformed.blogspot.com/...venth-day.html

With regards to their overall theological standpoint, Martin quotes from the Adventists' official teaching as found in the book Questions on Doctrine (Washington, D.C.: Review and Herald Publishing ***ociation, 1957). In it, he showed that the Adventists are orthodox in their view of Scripture, their view of Christ, the completeness and suffuciency of the Atonement unto salvation, in their insistence of their belief in salvation by grace alone through faith alone. However, he also did highlight the unorthodox doctrines of soul-sleep, of annihilation as opposed to eternal suffering, and of the perculiar Adventist doctrines of the "Sanctuary" and of the "Investigative Judgment", the "Scapegoat teaching" and of course their strict Sabbaterianism.

What have you got that denies that?

alanmolstad

What does he say at :30?

alanmolstad

You just don't like my question

.lol

dberrie2000

You just don't like my question

.lol
    Your question can't change what Walter Martin and the faith alone preach--a salvation through a faith with works. That is faith alone theology--and one Walter Martin endorsed. Why are you ashamed of that?

alanmolstad

What does martin say at 30 seconds?

dberrie2000

What does martin say at 30 seconds?
    You stated you have the facts to back up your information about Walter Martin. Please post the information you have that shows Walter Martin was not a faith alone adherent.

Meanwhile:

http://www.opc.org/qa.html?question_id=200

Though Martin sees the SDA as standing very near to the edge, in the end, he equates them with Arminian evangelicals. His reason for doing so is that in the official documents of the SDA, chief of which is Questions and Answers, they affirm key doctrines such as the inerrancy of scripture and salvation by grace alone through faith alone. Martin is convinced that the SDA affirms these things in an evangelical manner.

http://puritanreformed.blogspot.com/...venth-day.html

With regards to their overall theological standpoint, Martin quotes from the Adventists' official teaching as found in the book Questions on Doctrine (Washington, D.C.: Review and Herald Publishing ***ociation, 1957). In it, he showed that the Adventists are orthodox in their view of Scripture, their view of Christ, the completeness and suffuciency of the Atonement unto salvation, in their insistence of their belief in salvation by grace alone through faith alone. However, he also did highlight the unorthodox doctrines of soul-sleep, of annihilation as opposed to eternal suffering, and of the perculiar Adventist doctrines of the "Sanctuary" and of the "Investigative Judgment", the "Scapegoat teaching" and of course their strict Sabbaterianism.

What have you got that denies that?

Bump for Alanmolstad

alanmolstad

What does he say at :30?

To sum it all up.

I was asked to provide proof as to the teachings of Walter Martin.
    I was happy to do so, and provided even the very spot on the recording to get the answer from the very lips of Martin as to what he taught.

I listed this fact several times...

The Mormon I was talking to , tried to change the subject once they became aware that I really did have the facts on my side.

But....because Im right and the Mormon was wrong and because I proved this 100%.....and because the Mormon had been made to look so bad....the Mormon did what they do in situations like that.....and ran away.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 10-27-2017 at 04:46 AM.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Fig-bearing Thistle View Post
    Is this position typical of all LDS Critics--that Fruits have very little to do with identifying a Christian?

I bet most LDS Critics will be tempted to say "yes."

Well.....
    I think the answer is like this:

We already know that Jesus talked about people that will be able to list all kinds of works that they do in the name of Jesus, yet Jesus tells us that are lost and doomed because Jesus did not know them.
    This shows us that simply doing stuff, even rather great stuff, is pointless and that what is truly needed in a person's life is a correct relationship with the truth Jesus of the Bible.

Now as for the idea of " identifying" a true Christian from a false teacher...
    This is how that is done.
    The example we have is found in the life of Paul.

Remember how Paul tells us that at Acts 17:11 people would listen to Paul and then open their Scriptures to see if what Paul was saying was true?

So this then is the answer as to how to identify a true Christian...What we are to do is listen to them and then go to our Bible and put the things that say and do to the test of Scripture.