Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Identifying a Christian

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post

The answer to the question"Alan what do you believe?"is given in the video between the :30 to the :40 points.

Quote to me the answer as to what Walter and I believe, "Salvation is by _____alone "

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Walter believes in faith alone theology--faith without works for salvation. That is what Walter is--faith alone.

Do you disagree?
    You kinda are getting into a dangerous area here....
    ...... It should go without being said that misrepresenting Walter's views is not going to tolerated.
    I mean look around...

....so perhaps you better watch the video a little closer so you can quote his views a little closer to reality......

Now, once again, at the point in the video I have listed he says - "Salvation is by _____alone ?"
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 10-07-2014 at 04:22 AM.

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View PostWalter believes in faith alone theology--faith without works for salvation. That is what Walter is--faith alone.

Do you disagree?
    You kinda are getting into a dangerous area here....
    ...... It should go without being said that misrepresenting Walter's views is not going to tolerated.
    I mean look around...

....so perhaps you better watch the video a little closer so you can quote his views a little closer to reality......

In Memory of Walter Martin (1928-1989): The Original Bible Answer Man, Part 3 (of 3)

June 23, 2009

By Kenneth R. Samples

In Memory of Walter Martin (1928-1989): The Original Bible Answer Man, Part 1 (of 3)
    In Memory of Walter Martin (1928-1989): The Original Bible Answer Man, Part 2 (of 3)

However, Martin also believed that Christians must align both head and heart in devotion to the Lord. He believed that Christ’s followers are saved solely by grace, through faith alone, but were called to a life of gra***ude and holy service to God.

alanmolstad

At 30 second what does walter say salvation is by ....what?

.....alone" ?
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 10-07-2014 at 07:45 AM.

alanmolstad

I like how when you trap a MORMON with facts they really wiggle

.lol

dberrie2000

I like how when you trap a MORMON with facts they really wiggle

.lol
    Are you referring to these facts? :

In Memory of Walter Martin (1928-1989): The Original Bible Answer Man, Part 3 (of 3)

June 23, 2009

By Kenneth R. Samples

In Memory of Walter Martin (1928-1989): The Original Bible Answer Man, Part 1 (of 3)
    In Memory of Walter Martin (1928-1989): The Original Bible Answer Man, Part 2 (of 3)

However, Martin also believed that Christians must align both head and heart in devotion to the Lord. He believed that Christ’s followers are saved solely by grace, through faith alone, but were called to a life of gra***ude and holy service to God.
    Last edited by dberrie2000; 10-07-2014 at 09:52 AM.

alanmolstad

Wiggle-wiggle......

What does martin say at 30 seconds?

alanmolstad

What he says there is what I have always said too.

I can understand your hesitation.

But I'm still going to keep pressing the point.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 10-07-2014 at 01:35 PM.

dberrie2000

What he says there is what I have always said too.

I can understand your hesitation.

But I'm still going to keep pressing the point.
    This point?

June 23, 2009

By Kenneth R. Samples

alanmolstad

Wiggle-wiggle......

What does martin say at 30 seconds?
    ......................?well?

alanmolstad

What does Walter say salvation isn't by at :30 seconds of the video?

"Salvation isn't by _____"

What did he say???????

dberrie2000

You tell us, Alan. Walter Martin was faith alone in his theology, as I have shown:

http://www.opc.org/qa.html?question_id=200

Though Martin sees the SDA as standing very near to the edge, in the end, he equates them with Arminian evangelicals. His reason for doing so is that in the official documents of the SDA, chief of which is Questions and Answers, they affirm key doctrines such as the inerrancy of scripture and salvation by grace alone through faith alone. Martin is convinced that the SDA affirms these things in an evangelical manner.

http://puritanreformed.blogspot.com/...venth-day.html

With regards to their overall theological standpoint, Martin quotes from the Adventists' official teaching as found in the book Questions on Doctrine (Washington, D.C.: Review and Herald Publishing ***ociation, 1957). In it, he showed that the Adventists are orthodox in their view of Scripture, their view of Christ, the completeness and suffuciency of the Atonement unto salvation, in their insistence of their belief in salvation by grace alone through faith alone. However, he also did highlight the unorthodox doctrines of soul-sleep, of annihilation as opposed to eternal suffering, and of the perculiar Adventist doctrines of the "Sanctuary" and of the "Investigative Judgment", the "Scapegoat teaching" and of course their strict Sabbaterianism.

alanmolstad

What does he say at 30 sec?

dberrie2000

What does he say at 30 sec?
    You tell us, Alan.

Meanwhile:

Though Martin sees the SDA as standing very near to the edge, in the end, he equates them with Arminian evangelicals. His reason for doing so is that in the official documents of the SDA, chief of which is Questions and Answers, they affirm key doctrines such as the inerrancy of scripture and salvation by grace alone through faith alone. Martin is convinced that the SDA affirms these things in an evangelical manner.

With regards to their overall theological standpoint, Martin quotes from the Adventists' official teaching as found in the book Questions on Doctrine (Washington, D.C.: Review and Herald Publishing ***ociation, 1957). In it, he showed that the Adventists are orthodox in their view of Scripture, their view of Christ, the completeness and suffuciency of the Atonement unto salvation, in their insistence of their belief in salvation by grace alone through faith alone. However, he also did highlight the unorthodox doctrines of soul-sleep, of annihilation as opposed to eternal suffering, and of the perculiar Adventist doctrines of the "Sanctuary" and of the "Investigative Judgment", the "Scapegoat teaching" and of course their strict Sabbaterianism.

alanmolstad

What does he say at 30?

alanmolstad

I have always said the very same as is heard at 30:

So no need to ask me what I believe when you can hear the answer for yourself.

Thus the question remains What does he say there?

alanmolstad

And the reason you can't answer is....

That the video proof does not match what you wished were true......

Thus the wiggle out of answering my question goes on and on......

alanmolstad

What does he say at 30?
    still asking......

alanmolstad

dberrie2000
    check out the 1:28:00 point of this video to learn what my views are as spoken by Walter martin -

dberrie2000

I have always said the very same as is heard at 30:

So no need to ask me what I believe when you can hear the answer for yourself.

Thus the question remains What does he say there?

Walter Martin is a faith alone adherent--what is there about that you disagree with?

alanmolstad

What does martin say for himself at 30 seconds of the video?

alanmolstad

You do realize that Im able to find videos and recordings that clearly represent Walter Martin's views from his own mouth, and that all you got is stuff people "say" about him right?

Now Im sure lots of people have all kinds of things they say about him, just as Im sure lots of people around this forum have all kinds of opinions as to what I personally believe.

But if you truly want to know what I believe you should come to me and ask, and i will tell you what I believe.
    Just as in the same way to learn what walter martin believes we should go to him and allow him to tell us in his own words, what he believes....

"Salvation isn't by _____"
    What does Walter say salvation isn't by it alone, or even together with works?

I have plenty of information, about Martin's views that he has given in talks, speeches, and radio programs to chouse from to show you that everything I have said is supported by the FACTS!

Everything I post is from Martin's lips.

Thus you have to struggle it seems as you come to the conclusion that Martin believes as I have said.

Yet what we both hear Martin say at :30 seconds of the video simply does not fit with what you based your whole argument on......

So you struggle and try to hide the fact that you cant just post to me what Walter Martin says at the :30 second point in the video...

You cant do that, and I doubt you ever will.....
    Because you know it would totally undercut the point you were attempting to make.

But Im going to keep asking you this question regardless.

What does he say he believes at the :30 second point?...
    Im not asking you to agree with him
    Im not saying that what he says he believes is word for word what others have written he believed...

Im just asking you to be honest with me,
    and to listen to Walter tell us both what he believes in his own words,
    and then quote that to me.

So what does he say he believes at the :30 sec point of the video?
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 10-12-2014 at 12:34 PM.

dberrie2000

I have plenty of information, about Martin's views that he has given in talks, speeches, and radio programs to chouse from to show you that everything I have said is supported by the FACTS!
    The fact is--Walter Martin was a faith alone adherent.

What have you got that denies that?

alanmolstad

Wiggle.....wiggle....wiggle.......

alanmolstad

What's he say for himself at :30?