Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maklelans "ignore" game

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by neverending View Post

I especially don't like you bringing threads here from CARM, they have no place here and go against the rules. As I said, you want to start a new thread, great, start one but keep the OLD stuff from CARM over there thank you. People here don't care what goes on over on CARM and if they did, they'd be over there.
    And I don't care much for your views on this matter either. You come here and have to comment on every single thread? You thiunk you own this site and have an opinion on everything? Wish Jill kept better tabs on the site.
    First.....Just now I had it explained to me by another member what the word "CARM" referred to.

I have no idea what you are talking about?
    ...I am not importing topics from some other forum and I would not even know how to do such a thing?

2nd....there seems to be a bit of confusion on your end over what topic on this forum are open and what are closed....

The topics that are fine to post comments on are all the ones that are unlocked!

There is no rule against posting on topics that are unlocked.

If you can find a rule that shows that there is some type of time-limit on posting on a topic let me know!

As far as I have seen when I checked, ...there no such rule is listed.
    I have just now asked some other members of this forum, and they too are at a loss as to this time-limit rule?

So unless its well hidden?, or perhaps invisible?....there is no time limit on our topics.

if the topic is unlocked, then post away if you think you have something to say.

I think the reason the topics are listed and open is to encourage more posts!

not long ago the only members of this forum posting were Jim and me...and so there simply were no new posts...no new topics

nothing new at all...

The idea of a time limit now is silly, there would be no Walter Martin Forum had topics had a automatic time limit in the past.

But via Jim's work to keeping posting and not giving up even on topics that were very quiet, more and more interest in this forum grew, and the forum came back to life.

If you want to know how to kill a forum?...time limits....telling people to not post...telling people they have no right to post on some topics....***uming only some people have the right to post on some topics and everyone else should remain off the forum....

thats how you kill a forum.

Now when someone starts a new topic it becomes part of the rich history of forum topics that this forum can take credit for.
    It becomes something that the new guest can refer to and perhaps go over to see if they might care to join this forum in order to add their own comments on our rich history of topics.

the past topics are a history that can draw new members.

thats why it is so important that we NEVER apply a time limit to topics.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 02-13-2014 at 06:30 AM.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    one of the things people get mixed up on is that disagreements are embarasing and should be stopped.
    Thats wrong!

Disagreements are where you know you are free.
    Knowing you have the freedom to openly disagree with people shows you and the whole world that you are NOT IN A CULT!

People in CULTS are scared to death that might get caught disagreeing with others of their faith...they fear it will look bad on themselves or their religion.

But the truth is that seeing a faith that is not afraid to allow for disagreement is something that people stuck in cults can only dream about being a part of.

Another tip-off to cult-like thinking is the people that try to "Stop" others from speaking up what is on their heart.
    The moment I see a person attempt to stop people from being part of a conversation I list them as people that are 'afraid'.....they have no confidence in their religion and so feel they must race to protect it from looking bad....

IM NOT AFRAID...Im not afraid that my religion might look bad.
    Im not afraid that people might get the idea that in my religion if you dont like what people say you can disagree with them.....

In fact, I think its a sign that my religion is true, in that it does not need my protection.

I am a Protestant, the word itself tells us that there is a "protest" going on.
    Bump.......

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    First.....Just now I had it explained to me by another member what the word "CARM" referred to.

I have no idea what you are talking about?
    ...I am not importing topics from some other forum and I would not even know how to do such a thing?

2nd....there seems to be a bit of confusion on your end over what topic on this forum are open and what are closed....

The topics that are fine to post comments on are all the ones that are unlocked!

There is no rule against posting on topics that are unlocked.

If you can find a rule that shows that there is some type of time-limit on posting on a topic let me know!

As far as I have seen when I checked, ...there no such rule is listed.
    I have just now asked some other members of this forum, and they too are at a loss as to this time-limit rule?

So unless its well hidden?, or perhaps invisible?....there is no time limit on our topics.

if the topic is unlocked, then post away if you think you have something to say.

I think the reason the topics are listed and open is to encourage more posts!

not long ago the only members of this forum posting were Jim and me...and so there simply were no new posts...no new topics

nothing new at all...

The idea of a time limit now is silly, there would be no Walter Martin Forum had topics had a automatic time limit in the past.

But via Jim's work to keeping posting and not giving up even on topics that were very quiet, more and more interest in this forum grew, and the forum came back to life.

If you want to know how to kill a forum?...time limits....telling people to not post...telling people they have no right to post on some topics....***uming only some people have the right to post on some topics and everyone else should remain off the forum....

thats how you kill a forum.

Now when someone starts a new topic it becomes part of the rich history of forum topics that this forum can take credit for.
    It becomes something that the new guest can refer to and perhaps go over to see if they might care to join this forum in order to add their own comments on our rich history of topics.

the past topics are a history that can draw new members.

thats why it is so important that we NEVER apply a time limit to topics.
    Parts of my post above are so very true to this very day.