Thread: Break it Down and Explain it

AllyManderson

Default Break it Down and Explain it

I am of the Understanding (I am most probably incorrect? ) there are various divisions in Islam in the same manner as Protestants, Catholics and Eastern Orthodox Christians exist within Christianity.

I have a small textbook on this matter but it offers little to aid my understanding of these differences.

So I appeal to a scholar in the area to post their own original description of the main types of Islam.

texastig

Quote Originally Posted by AllyManderson View Post
    I am of the Understanding (I am most probably incorrect? ) there are various divisions in Islam in the same manner as Protestants, Catholics and Eastern Orthodox Christians exist within Christianity.

I have a small textbook on this matter but it offers little to aid my understanding of these differences.

So I appeal to a scholar in the area to post their own original description of the main types of Islam.

http://www.carm.org/religious-moveme...s-within-islam

Thanks,
    TT

Quote Originally Posted by AllyManderson View Post

General editor of Kingdom of the Cults, Ravi Zacharias discusses the with a Muslim student who challenged Ravi with faulting Christianity for having so many divisions which Ravi pointed out about Islam too. But the only means he used to “break it down”, was simply within those divisions for Christians only, not Muslims; “Unity does not have to be uniformity”.

A recording lacking quality but an interesting exchange.

Student Asks Ravi on Law & Divisions

Hello,

I watched the video with Ravi Zacharias and Abdu Murray at the University of Kentucky. The question and answer session, representing custom writing reports by Ravi Zacharias was held at Memorial Coliseum. Abdu Murray (the author of Grand Central Question: Answering the Critical Concerns of the Major Worldviews) joined the conversation and explained how he uses Bible as a source for his convictions.
    Last edited by TerryLewis; 04-15-2019 at 12:31 AM. Reason: information