Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are we saved by Grace, Faith or Works

alanmolstad

the last comment made on this topic was back in 2009 right?

Now I have been known to post on old topics myself,but they were mostly on subjects that no one else was currently talking about...

My guess is that most of the people that were talking on this ***le back in 09 are all dead by now, or in jail....

Saxon

I guess that you don't have a comment on what I posted.

alanmolstad

with a lot of the same topics spilling over into each other..?

Dmarie

Default As Jesus simply put it...

Jesus said,

"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Our "works" are simply an outpouring of obedience, and thanksgiving to God for our salvation. Our works are the evidence of what has already occured within us (our salvation), when we accept by faith the finished work of Jesus Christ which He alone accomplished for us on the cross.

Now, what more can we add to any of this, other than to show our eternal gra***ude for such a wonderful gift?

Blessings...Dmarie

Saxon

You have caped it off very well.

alanmolstad

it is not by our efforts that we are saved....

Saxon

Did I even suggest that by our efforts we are saved? If so, where?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by tealblue View Post

It seems to be ok to say we are saved by faith and grace why is it not ok to say we are save by Faith, Grace and Works.
    Nope....this is what it is "ok" to say -......that we are saved by Grace though faith,and not at all by works.

You can also say the following -

You can say that :We are not saved by Grace though faith and works

We are not saved by faith
    We are not saved by works
    We are not saved by any combination of faith and works.

We are only saved by grace, and that grace works our salvation in our lives though our faith....and that works do not

We know that faith is never alone for faith always has some works with it, yet we also know that works do not save us.

Men are justified before each other by our works....this is because we only can see each other's works and we cant see each other's inner faith.

But men are also justified before God by faith....for God can see into our heart.

So the justification by works is done before men
    and the Justification by faith if before God, and thus we are saved only......ONLY by grace though FAITH!

alanmolstad

any questions about the above post ?