Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Biblical Gods

BrianH

Originally, I did not want to get down into the parsing game Mormons play. It represents an inability to engage in ideas that require more than one sentence to represent. That game is like arguing with a 4-year old and only results in the Mormon goal of obscuring the facts and the truth with a cloud of petty bickering. Its also just impractical due to the post-length restrictions. We ultimately end up in creating multi-part responses only to find ourselves trying to document our positions amidst single-sentence and sometimes single clause utterances that no one will read anyway ...because they are so arcane and petty and pointless.

But alas ...here I simply could not resist exposing Mak's lame rhetorical gamesmanship. I have elsewhere (in response to his response to my "Part 2" below) articulated the summary view of the major errors in Mak's claims. Here I would like to dissect some of the responses he has created by parsing out my words to his own rhetorical advantage as a means to exhibit the cheap manipulations to which Mormons are forced to resort in their effort to hide the otherwise blunt hollowness of their claims. If Mak and other Mormons were in any way confident of their own scholarship, such lame manipulations would be unnecessary. But alas ...the ubiquitous employment of these little parlor tricks seems to reveal a void of such confidence. In fact, Mak, you appear downright insecure in your childish lashing out at any who DARE to question your self-proclaimed authority.

(Go ahead and p**** up that paragraph and PROVE my point. I dare ya.)

For those who care to study the tricks, here are a few examples.

1.) BH>>which drew down God's wrath and judgment upon the Israelites over and over again. Secondly, you have simply ***UMED that any Semitic myth is somehow a valid, authoritative, normative doctrine of Judaism.

2.)Wrong. I've ***umed nothing, and these conclusions are all drawn from the Bible, not from Semitic myths. Pay better attention.
    Note the condescension. Its SUPPOSED to make Mak look intelligent and superior. But ...had poor Mak been "paying attention" to his own post, he would have known for certain that he absolutely DID cite Semitic myths in his OP. Specifically he cited "cognate literature, like the Ugaritic texts and other inscriptions from the time period". The denial of this reference can only be a deliberate attempt at deception, the evidence of a clinical state of denial or just an AMAZINGLY stupid thing to say, given the textual FACTS so obvious in his own OP.

3.) You say that there is no consistent theology in the Bible (which, I remind you, is explicitly identified as the very "word of God" by YOUR OWN creed). That is your point is it not? But your citations say nothing to support your claims. You say that the Bible was written by "hundereds(sic) of people"

M>Quit lying, Brian. I didn't misspell that word, so don't pretend I did.
    See the game here. Mak fails to address let alone refute my point and then calls me a liar. The simple fact is, Mak ***erts that the Bible was written by "hundreds" (regardless of spelling) of people, when in fact the Bible names 40 people as its authors. But his quotations say NOTHING on the matter one way or the other. We are just supposed to think that anything Mak says is TRUE because he has placed a quote (regardless of its content) in support of his claim. See how the game is played?

4.) BH>>Your citations say nothing one way or the other. You say that the Bible was written "over the course of about a thousand years". The FACT is that Moses began the Bible in about 1400BC and John wrote the last book of the Bible in about 90 AD.

M>The earliest sections of the Bible can be comfortably dated to the ninth century BCE. Don't tell me you really don't know such basic information.
    Note the evasion again. The fact is Maks citations in his OP simply say NOTHING about the date of authorship of biblical documents. Instead he tries to maneuver to the liberal dating of the OT docs - a mere THEORY that defies facts, and suddenly his argument ignores my point that his own citations do not support his claim, and becomes about what can be "comfortably" claimed. Then, as usual, in order to make his evasion look superior, he chides me for supposedly not being familiar with the liberal, secular, anti-supernaturalist ***umptions about when the OT was written.

5.) BH>>But your citations say nothing about the matter. Typical of a Mormon who denies the claim of their own creed in their rush to condemn the "word of God", you say that the Bible is nothing but " a mixed bag of theological speculation, ***ertion, and denial". Your sources above say nothing of the kind.

M>Utterly meaningless posturing.
    No ...its an observable FACT. Mak said that the Bible is "a mixed bag of theological speculation, ***ertion, and denial". He then placed a few one-sentence quotes from some books that say nothing of the kind in a position of support to that ***ertion of the near-uselessness of the Bible (and his other ***ertions - none of which were supported by his one-sentence, uncited quotes either). Even the casual reader will note how Mak fails to offer a refutation, and simply pukes up his predictable opinion instead.

6.) BH>>At this point all we have is YOUR ***urance that this is the case and we have good reason to doubt YOU. You also appear to have made the mistake of ***uming that any and all Semitic myths or fairy tales are equal in authority to the revelation of God's word in the Hebrew scritprues. In fact, that error lies at the very heart of every error in this post.

M>Garbage. None of this actually engages anything. You're making sweeping generalizations that amount to, "This is all wrong."
    Once again we see the gammer at work. I DIRECTLY engaged his claim, and he just dismisses it by saying it addresses "nothing". Mak, YOU ABSOLUTELY DID appeal to the content of Ugaritic myth and attributed to it some authoritative representation of polytheism among the Israelites. But sadly for you, no one among the orthodox Israelites then or now recognizes these Semitic myths as authoritative in any way. Your mere denial of the FACTS so bluntly obvious in your own words in your own OP are cause for concern over your mental health.

7.) BH>>Please quote the text you have just cited.

M>Don't pretend you care what it says or that you'll honestly engage it when you have it, but I'll post it when I get home tonight.
    Here is one of my favorites. Mormons will often attempt to make anyone who questions them the issue to be confronted. All I did was ask Mak to quote the text he cited. After all, we have no real ***urance that the text says what he attributes to it. And experience with Mormons and MAK IN PARTICULAR have shown that they (and especially HE) will cite books that he never even read. So what is his response to this very reasonable question? He tries to make ME the issue. I am told "Don't pretend you care what it says or that you'll honestly engage it when you have it". See how Mormons play this game? I simply and politely asked the great Maklellan to quote the text to which he was referring and suddenly I am the problem, MY honesty and interest are challenged. This is all supposed to distract you from noticing that the boy did not quote his own source to begin with and would generally indicate that he has little confidence that the text in question really will support the point to which he has ***igned it.

8.) BH>>First of all, you are bluntly wrong. There is no "biblical version" of what you describe. The Bible says absolutely NOTHING like what you attribute to it.

M>Nope, it says exactly what I explained. If you don't know the Hebrew that's your problem, not mine.
    Here is another favorite. Mak says: "In the biblical version of this pantheon El is the father God, and Asherah the mother." I point out the FACT that there is no "biblical version" of this claim, and suddenly he just ***erts that the Bible says "exactly what (he) explained" and then pretends that its in the Hebrew that he claims to be such an expert on. You will note that the one thing Mak will not and cannot ever do is actually produce any BIBLICAL support for his strange and even absurd ***ertion. But you are not supposed to notice that. You are supposed to be fooled by all the hand-waving and limply insinuated linguistic authority.

Well thats about it for now, folks. Hopefully you will have seen for yourself how utterly transparent self-inflated Mormon "scholars" really are. Its all gamesmanship, parsing, deflection, evasion and other rhetorical parlor tricks with these guys.

Mak, you are as phony as a 9-dollar bill and YOU KNOW IT. So why would I believe you?

-BH
    Last edited by BrianH; 04-14-2009 at 04:58 PM.

Bat-Man

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Originally, I did not want to get down into the parsing game Mormons play. It represents an inability to engage in ideas that require more than one sentence to represent. That game is like arguing with a 4-year old and only results in the Mormon goal of obscuring the facts and the truth with a cloud of petty bickering. Its also just impractical due to the post-length restrictions. We ultimately end up in creating multi-part responses only to find ourselves trying to document our positions amidst single-sentence and sometimes single clause utterances that no one will read anyway ...because they are so arcane and petty and pointless.
    You expressed a very negative view of parsing, Brian.

Do you really not see any good in it, at all ?

I like to focus on separate thoughts, at least sometimes, because each thought can often lead to many thoughts which are often worthy of a whole book, or even a collection of books.

If you'd rather that I just give you an overall response to all of your comments when I respond to your comments; however, I can do that.

You'll simply be hearing a lot less, from me, that I would otherwise tell you.

BrianH

Generally no. I know it is one of your favorite techniques and one that your fellow Mormons (like Mak) rely on heavily . But at the very least it generally represents an inability to deal with even minimally complex thoughts that take more than a few words or even a single sentence to correctly represent. At most its just plain dishonest. It allows the 'p****r' to determine the content of an ***ertion, idea or argument and enables (and even encourages) the use of fallacies such as straw man arguments and arguments from silence (also Mormon favorites).

-BH

BrianH

I appreciate that concession.

But neither you nor Mak has shown that I have misrepresented anything. In fact, while it is possible I have misunderstood what he is saying, that too has yet to be shown.

ta

-BH

SavedbyTruth

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Man View Post

I like to focus on separate thoughts, at least sometimes, because each thought can often lead to many thoughts which are often worthy of a whole book, or even a collection of books.

If you'd rather that I just give you an overall response to all of your comments when I respond to your comments; however, I can do that.

You'll simply be hearing a lot less, from me, that I would otherwise tell you.
    Bat-Man,

You are still being so nice and seem untainted by all of the negativism, etc. You are an inspiration.

SbT

maklelan

We're all waiting anxiously for Father_JD to respond to this post of mine regarding his statement that my entire argument be tossed out summarily because it relies entirely on fallacious Hegelian theory. Clearly he has been shown to be abysmally unacquainted with the principle to which he appeals. I anticipate one of four responses.

The most unlikely will be the concession. Ok, it's not unlikely, it's absolutely impossible. Admitting an error to a Mormon would apparently for him be tantamount to admitting Mormonism is true. We can dismiss that as a possibility right out of the gate.

Now that I'm being so "arrogant" about it, he could also circumvent the concession by just accusing me of being a huge ****, thereby deflecting the loss and refocusing attention on me. That's option two.

The third option is a weak attempt to support his original ***ertion through equivocation. This would cons***ute claiming that I misunderstood him, or that there are nuances to his argument that I missed that totally vindicate him.

The last option is to totally ignore the thread until it has marched down to the third or fourth page of the board, then return to the fight with renewed fervor and confidence. If he appeals to the fourth option, we can be sure he'll whip out his "That's just Hegelian religious theory!!" argument again once the memory of this discussion has faded to obscurity.

Whichever option he chooses, I hope everyone recognizes that his dialectic and rhetoric are nothing more than naive and manipulative yapping. If he would like to prove me wrong and approach this issue from another angle, I would be shocked that he could so brazenly shatter the mold of online contra-Mormonism.

Bat-Man

Generally no. I know it is one of your favorite techniques and one that your fellow Mormons (like Mak) rely on heavily . But at the very least it generally represents an inability to deal with even minimally complex thoughts that take more than a few words or even a single sentence to correctly represent. At most its just plain dishonest. It allows the 'p****r' to determine the content of an ***ertion, idea or argument and enables (and even encourages) the use of fallacies such as straw man arguments and arguments from silence (also Mormon favorites).
    I don't agree with everything you just said.

Parsing does not represent an inability to deal with complex thoughts that take more than a few words or even a single sentence to represent.

I can deal with complex thoughts with very few words, at any time.

I have a repertoire of very short answers, such as:

I totally agree with everything you just said.

AND

I agree with some of what you said, but not with everything you said.

AND

I don't agree with you, at all.

... and I do have the ability to use each one of those short responses.

As I said before, parsing, to me, is simply a means of dealing with complex thoughts, individually, thought by thought, rather than giving an overall response to everything someone has said.

Btw, if you consider this response to be too long, just let me know.

I can say less than this, in my responses to you, if you would prefer that.

BrianH

I don't agree with everything you just said.

Parsing does not represent an inability to deal with complex thoughts that take more than a few words or even a single sentence to represent.

Perhaps not always. I can see that it sometimes is not such a representation. I have certainly pased out replies - especially in resonse to those who use this tactic. But the sad fact is it usually represents an attempt to control and manipulate the exchange, even if under the guise of attempting to deal with the thought.

Moreover, when you p**** out someone's words and break everything down the way YOU like it, you remove their ability to represent their own thoughts themselves. This tactic allows YOU to adjust the context for your own purposes. Its the on-line version of interrupting. Its rude and childish and ultimately its only a pseudo-clever little parlor trick that actually DEMONSTRATES the rhetorical desperation and dishonesty of the "p****r".

Though again, you are right. It is not ALWAYS so. I am speaking in general terms.

-BH

Bat-Man

Perhaps not always. I can see that it sometimes is not such a representation. I have certainly pased out replies - especially in resonse to those who use this tactic. But the sad fact is it usually represents an attempt to control and manipulate the exchange, even if under the guise of attempting to deal with the thought.

Moreover, when you p**** out someone's words and break everything down the way YOU like it, you remove their ability to represent their own thoughts themselves. This tactic allows YOU to adjust the context for your own purposes. Its the on-line version of interrupting. Its rude and childish and ultimately its only a pseudo-clever little parlor trick that actually DEMONSTRATES the rhetorical desperation and dishonesty of the "p****r".

Though again, you are right. It is not ALWAYS so. I am speaking in general terms.

-BH

When a person p****s they are responding to thoughts a person has already expressed, so I don't see how parsing can be viewed as interrupting someone, at least not while they are sharing their own ideas.

I also don't do it as a means to control or manipulate an exchange of someone else's ideas, either, although it is a means of controlling and manipulating my own thoughts in my own responses.

The only way I can see for me to try to control or manipulate someone else's responses, including your own, would be for me to lay down the law, so to speak, to tell you there are some methods of communication I don't approve of and that until you comply with how I want you to communicate with me, I won't be responding any more to you at all, but I'm not doing that.

Personally, I would prefer that people simply ask me questions about my own beliefs, rather than telling me what they think I believe, but I've grown accustomed to communicating with other people in whatever way they prefer as I try to share my own thoughts with them.

Do you like the method I'm using now, instead of continuing to p**** ?

If not, I can continue to tweak my methods, specifically for you, while I communicate with other people in whatever I prefer until other people start complaining about how I communicate with them, and I then try to suit their particular tastes.
    Last edited by Bat-Man; 04-15-2009 at 10:30 AM.

Father_JD

Quote Originally Posted by maklelan View Post
    I explicitly stated that I am not doing that. I am using the Bible as an historical document to show that the beliefs of the earliest Israelites are not in disharmony with our doctrines, and so your berating of our theology as unbiblical is misplaced. I have intentionally not made the ***ertion that the theological authority of the Bible at all means anything to this discussion. I am arguing strictly from an historical point of view. I have made this clear four times now. Do not make that ***ertion again.

Clearly, you do NOT understand the implications of your own actions, Mak. You are invoking beliefs you believe are represented in the Bible as being in harmony with Mormon beliefs. You are therefore citing these p***ages, verses, what have you as fully AUTHORITATIVE in supporting your points. Ergo, these p***ages, verses you invoke are NECESSARILY inerrant and infallible as to WHY YOU CITE THEM AS EVIDENCE, PROOF OF YOUR CONTENTIONS.

Do you yet understand this??

Father_JD

LOL. If you think Hegelian philosphy has NOT affected "biblical criticism", i.e. "Higher Criticism" as differentiated from TEXTUAL criticism, you're more naiive than I thought. Regretfully, it's YOU who's virtually clueless to your own ignorance as well as cognitive dissonance as to trying to hold to two mutually-exclusive world-views.

But wait!! Seems to me that's exactly what you've been arguing for:

The Jews were once "polytheistic", then "henotheistic", and only eventually "monotheistic". You can disclaim all you want from "development" of religion, and place "apostasy" in its stead, but the bottom line is that you're in FULL AGREEMENT with modernistic views of Biblical religion which is that of DEVELOPMENT NOT REVELATION:

The first thing of which one must be aware is that there is no consistent theology in the Bible. One part of the Bible will preach one doctrine, and another another doctrine. It was written by hundreds of people from several cultures and subcultures over the course of about a thousand years. It is a mixed bag of theological speculation, ***ertion, and denial. These statements comes from Shaye Cohen, professor of Hebrew literature and philosophy as Harvard University (from From The Maccabees to the Mishna, 52–53):

To say you're not is nothing short of intellectual dishonesty, dude.
    Last edited by Father_JD; 04-15-2009 at 11:16 AM.

maklelan

Quote Originally Posted by Father_JD View Post
    Clearly, you do NOT understand the implications of your own actions, Mak. You are invoking beliefs you believe are represented in the Bible as being in harmony with Mormon beliefs. You are therefore citing these p***ages, verses, what have you as fully AUTHORITATIVE in supporting your points. Ergo, these p***ages, verses you invoke are NECESSARILY inerrant and infallible as to WHY YOU CITE THEM AS EVIDENCE, PROOF OF YOUR CONTENTIONS.
    They are evidence only insofar as they are historical documents that reveal ancient historical perspectives. That authority stands only upon the reliability of the Sitz im Leben they manifest. Since I showed cognate literature and other historiographical methods confirm my conclusions, that reliability is established. Stop telling me that I don't know what I'm doing. I do this professionally, and someone who so ignorantly misapplies criticisms of Hegelian philosophy certainly isn't going to convince me they have a stronger grasp of historico-critical methodologies than me. You've lost this debate, JD.

maklelan

LOL. If you think Hegelian philosphy has NOT affected "biblical criticism", i.e. "Higher Criticism" as differentiated from TEXTUAL criticism, you're more naiive than I thought. Regretfully, it's YOU who's virtually clueless to your own ignorance as well as cognitive dissonance as to trying to hold to two mutually-exclusive world-views.
    No, JD, I understand it very well. It's you who has been shown to be ignorant of the scholarship, but you can't even face that fact. You have to try to turn it around on me, but you so that just as ignorantly. I'm done with you.

Father_JD

Sorry, but you've hardly proved that you're NOT HEGELIAN...your whole world-view is that. Even invoking Sitz im Leben merely strengthens MY argument, NOT yours, dude. Your whole approach to scripture is that of DEVELOPMENT and cross-fertizilation of OTHER middle-eastern cultures that merely confirms what you believe in the first place. You think you're "objective"??

Please, don't make me laugh, dude.

Despite your appeals to your oh-so much better education than anyone else here, sadly, you're the mis-informed one and totally oblvious to your own cognitive dissonance in trying to simutaneously believe in two mutually-exclusive world-views.

Father_JD

Quote Originally Posted by maklelan View Post
    No, JD, I understand it very well. It's you who has been shown to be ignorant of the scholarship, but you can't even face that fact. You have to try to turn it around on me, but you so that just as ignorantly. I'm done with you.
    In reality, I understand the implications of your beliefs better than you do, dude. You haven't thought it through for one minute.

Good luck with that cog diss of yours, buddy.

maklelan

Sorry, but you've hardly proved that you're NOT HEGELIAN...your whole world-view is that. Even invoking Sitz im Leben merely strengthens MY argument, NOT yours, dude.
    I'll respond to one more post just for the cheap seats. Sitz im Leben is a German term used in form criticism, which is totally unrelated to Hegelian theory, which was applied to redaction and source criticism. You thought "German!" and immediately ***ociated it with your newfound (and still hopelessly inadequate) understanding of Hegelian theory. You're only digging your hole deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Realitycheck View Post
    Your whole approach to scripture is that of DEVELOPMENT and cross-fertizilation of OTHER middle-eastern cultures that merely confirms what you believe in the first place. You think you're "objective"??
    You don't have the first clue what you're talking about, but I don't appeal to "development" as a principle at all. I appeal to what can be shown through the texts and the artifacts. That's called historical criticism, which incorporates other kinds of criticisms, but in no way demands the application of any Hegelian theory whatsoever.

Please, don't make me laugh, dude.
    Ridiculous attempt to appear unshaken and confident. Everyone can plainly see you've been caught in your ignorant presumptuousness and are simply trying to reestablish your cred. Impotent posturing and nothing more.

Despite your appeals to your oh-so much better education than anyone else here, sadly, you're the mis-informed one and totally oblvious to your own cognitive dissonance in trying to simutaneously believe in two mutually-exclusive world-views.
    You're still appealing to the conclusion that I utterly annihilated long ago. I've finished with you, and anyone who reads this exchange will recognize your pitiful rhetoric and your presumptuousness. Spew more posturing onto the internet if it makes you feel better, but it's certainly not going to change anyone's opinion of you.

Father_JD

Dude...sitz im Leben is a part of the whole modernistic, developmental world-view of Hegel. Why can't you understand this, but insist on parsing this out as if the one has nothing to do with the other?

Are you genuinely that BLIND that you don't see the connections??

maklelan

Dude...sitz im Leben is a part of the whole modernistic, developmental world-view of Hegel. Why can't you understand this, but insist on parsing this out as if the one has nothing to do with the other?

Are you genuinely that BLIND that you don't see the connections??
    You really want to get humiliated again? Fine.

Sitz im Leben was first used as a technical term in biblical scholarship by Hermann Gunkel, who used it to refer to the social setting of literary form, and who was influenced by Hegelian theories of progressively involving central leadership. The term itself as absolutely no significance in that context. Only the specific conclusions about the Sitz im Leben of each text can be influenced by Hegelian theory. The phrase simply references the social perspective and context of the author. Hopefully it doesn't need to be explained to you that author's have social contexts and perspectives. The existence of social perspectives is not really debatable, irrespective of wha tyou do not know about Hegelian theory.

Gunkel's students followed the same tradition (people like Von Rad and Alt, whom I referenced earlier), but in the mid-sixties the academy began to question the ***umptions inherent in the early theories of Gunkel, Mowinckel, Alt, Noth, and Von Rad, particularly the Hegelian preconceptions about the evolution of authority and cult. James Muilenberg spoke against it in his 1968 SBL presidential address. Ferdinande de Saussure revamped the foundations of form criticism, introducing the concepts of langue and parole, and shifting the focus onto linguistic concerns, which have nothing to do with Hegelian theory. Koch, Richter, and Knierim expanded on the linguistic foundations of form criticism, which introduced an entirely new perspective entirely removed from the original German theories. Redaction criticism became the sister methodology for form criticism.

Contemporary form criticism, which still uses the phrases Gatung, Sitz im Leben, and Formgeschichte, long ago abandoned the ***umptions of Gunkel and Hegel and everything suppressed by that perspective. As you can plainly see, Sitz im Leben operates entirely independent of Hegelian theory. While its first proponent appealed to that doctrine, the phrase simply refers to the social perspective of the author of a text, which, I hope I don't have to explain again, is something that is unquestionably real. Your ***ertion is absolutely, positively, and irrefutably meaningless. As I explained before, you ignorantly ***ociated the phrase with your little pet grip despite the fact that you are wholly and entirely ignorant of both principles. You lose again. Stop making me humiliate you.

BrianH

Stop making me humiliate you.
    Hey look, Maklelan can use GOOGLE. What a genius!

-BH

Richard

-BH
    BH, even though you're on permanent ignore, you just can't help with the pea brain condescending remarks. Good grief good buddy, getting your **** kicked, have you no shame?

Father_JD

Do you think I haven't heard of Gunkel, et al??? Is it possible you're that arrogant that you really think no one else here knows about these "scholars" who DENY REVELATION, being fully "modernistic", fully committed to the world-view of religious "development" and NOT REVELATION???

Sorry, dude, you haven't told me even one thing I don't already know. Where you fail is in NOT understanding that all of these scholars, theories ALL STEM FROM THE WORLD VIEW OF RELIGIOUS DEVELOPMENT, NOT REVELATION.

Do you NOT see the interconnections between ALL of them??

You think by isolating one person and relating that person to just one theory somehow proves your point.

You're more naiive than I ever thought, despite your vaunted education which is nothing more than BRAIN-WASHING IN MODERNISTIC BIBLICAL STUDIES.

You think you're "Objective"?? Don't flatter yourself. Instead of being objective, you're completely cognitive dissonant trying to believe in two mutually-exclusive world views!!
    Last edited by Father_JD; 04-16-2009 at 08:22 PM.

maklelan

-BH

Brian, I don't use google (I use Yahoo), and I didn't look up a thing online. I've published on this topic before, and I own a number of publications on form criticism. I referenced a publication for the proper spelling of a couple of names, other than that it is purely from my own knowledge. I'm not playing around when I tell you that this is my career and I know far more about it than you.

Father_JD

Amazing!! Someone who makes a "career" out of being cognitive dissonant, trying to harmonize two mutually exclusive world-views and doesn't know the first thing about the "Law of Non-Contradiction"!!

maklelan

Do you think I haven't heard of Gunkel, et al???
    Yes.

Is it possible you're that arrogant that you really think no one else here knows about these "scholars" who DENY REVELATION, being fully "modernistic", fully committed to the world-view of religious "development" and NOT REVELATION???
    I know you don't know about those scholars. You have a general ***umption that stereotypes certain types of scholars, and you ***ume they are accurate across the board, but you don't know specifics and you've never read a word of their scholarship.

Sorry, dude, you haven't told me even one thing I don't already know.
    That's a lie.

Where you fail is in NOT understanding that all of these scholars, theories ALL STEM FROM THE WORLD VIEW OF RELIGIOUS DEVELOPMENT, NOT REVELATION.
    And your theories presuppose the inerrancy of the Bible, which is utterly ludicrous. Irrespective, flippantly dismissing all unbelieving scholars isn't any more legitimate than saying they're all wrong because you say so.

Do you NOT see the interconnections between ALL of them??

You think by isolating one person and relating that person to just one theory somehow proves your point.

You're more naiive than I ever thought, despite your vaunted BRAIN-WASHING IN MODERNISTIC BIBLICAL STUDIES.

You think you're "Objective"?? Don't flatter yourself. Instead of being objective, you're completely cognitive dissonant trying to believe in two mutually-exclusive world views!!
    Thrashing around like an infant who got his toy taken away from him. You've been humiliated twice now and you're responses have amounted nothing more than "You're stupid!" without so much as a shred of a defense of your earlier position. You and Brian are the two least informed and most belligerent Christian apologists I've ever seen. It's quite a feet to crow so loudly about your knowledge and at the same time betray depths of naivety that reach such profundities.

maklelan

Amazing!! Someone who makes a "career" out of being cognitive dissonant, trying to harmonize two mutually exclusive world-views and doesn't know the first thing about the "Law of Non-Contradiction"!!
    You really want to attempt to apply a law of physical science to an attempt to defend the Bible as inerrant? Are you seriously that out of your mind?