Thread: Grace Controversy!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon View Post
    What do you believe that God .....foreordains?
    If we say that God "foreordains us humans , but nothing else to happen in the universe?....., we are limiting God, or making ourselves special....both are errors.

Saxon

That clearly does not answer my question.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon View Post
    That clearly does not answer my question.
    Walter actually addressed your point as well at 8:50 of the linked video.

"You expected Parcheesi?"
    "Chinese checkers?"

alanmolstad

But you do ask a question that many teachers have also asked, - "When man responds is it by free will or the compulsion of God?"

The way your question is worded it ***umes that the answer is one or the other.
    The question is written that way because we humans tend to think that way...
    We like to believe that an answer is ether "this" or its "that".

We look at the text from this mindset that only one can be true and we find plenty of support for our answer, and thereby automatically dismiss the many Texts that support the other side.

This is the error of both Calvin and Arminius.

But the truth is, that if you look you can find support for both answers being true.

How can this be true?.....the answer to that is "Why would it not be this way, considering you are dealing with the mind of God?"

Thus we get to the answer I have learned to trust, from a Bible teacher I have learned to trust, "In the mind of the Creator there is a perfect union between what god knows and foreordains... AND .....with what man is fully capable of responding to.