Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Grace Controversy!

Saxon

That has absolutely nothing to do whith any statement that the Bible has about predestination.
    Last edited by Saxon; 10-10-2017 at 01:17 PM.

Saxon

Once more; God does not predestine people to salvation. If it is, show me the book chapter and verse that indicates that God predestines individuals to salvation. Show it!

Saxon

I want a Bible quote, you know, the authority for Christian faith and doctrine. I am sure that Dr. Martian would also insist on the same.
    Last edited by Saxon; 10-10-2017 at 01:17 PM.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    skip to 2:40 of the video and listen as Walter talks about why I ended up being a Christian.

I did not become a Christian by my own volition

I did not choose God, God has chosen me.

for we Christians (quoting Martin), "have been selected by Him, by Christ, before time began"
    from the beginning I was not just known to be a saved Christian with the Lord, I was planned and predetermined to be that .
    Before even the atoms that are in me were created billions and billions of years ago, God caused my future to be what it one day will prove to be to me.
    For - Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
    Eph 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

and as I said, this all is very clear in the Walter Martin video I posted, all you have to do is click on over to the point of the video clip I pointed to and have a listen to learn how God does predestine people to salvation!

alanmolstad

so to sum it up....

God predestined the Christian to be with him in eternity.
    God saw this as a done-deal,,nothing was in doubt about it...

And at the same time, We are called to believe, and until we do believe we are lost in our sins.

alanmolstad

so the ending is much like the ending with the whole topic on the ability of men to decide things that is found in the many "Free Will" topics.

There are some people that just latch onto one side of this topic and cant see the other side's merits at all.

To some people, God cant have decided who would be saved from before time began as they believe that takes away from man's free will , and his ability to choose.

On the other side, there are some people that claim free will cant be real as that would interfere with God's total authority.

Thus we end up with these two camps that simple reject all the points that are true about the other camp's arguements.

But I take a different point of view on this matter.
    I have found in the words of Walter Martin, that there is no need at all to jump on only one side and ignore the other's merit.

Walter Martin talks about how both sides of this issue have truth to them, as well as error within their argument.

And so my own POV is the same as Walter Martin's, that man has free will, and God has authority to predetermine all things.