Thread: Why Does God allow Abortion?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ChrisLaRock

Quote Originally Posted by MacG View Post
    Chris,

I can't say that I get it either but since I cannot use free will and you brought up Sodom let's look at it a little closer:

"And the LORD said, "The outcry of Sodom and Gomorrah is indeed great, and their sin is exceedingly grave."

Why did God wait for it to get exeedingly grave? God took his time bringing judgement allowing them to gain great wealth to become indifferent to and oppressing the poor and went about doing detestable things. He brought judgement when he was ready. In His time much like this judgement albeit a little quicker and the kind you'd like to see for the abortionist I gather:
    1 Chron 13:10 "The anger of the LORD burned against Uzza, so He struck him down because he put out his hand to the ark; and he died there before God".

and like this:
    "But Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back some of the price of the land? "While it remained unsold, did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, was it not under your control? Why is it that you have conceived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God." And as he heard these words, Ananias fell down and breathed his last; and great fear came over all who heard of it. "

Contrast that with the tolerance in the situation where David sent Uriah to die on the front line to cover his adultery with Uriah's wife.

When you get down to it why has He not killed you or me for all have sinned and fallen short of God's glory. It took 900 years for Adam to die after he ate the "surely you will die" fruit no? Why so long? I do not know. He has His time and reasons to which I am not privy. Perhaps it has something to do with God not delighting in the destruction of the wicked and like He commands us is generally slow to anger.

The contrasts are endless the answers are evasive. There were abortions going on while Jesus walked this earth why did He not speak out about them? Can't tell ya, wasn't there. You ask a hard question that seems to have only this hard answer:

"So Peter seeing (John) said to Jesus, "Lord, and what about this man?" Jesus said to him, "If I want him to remain until I come, what is that to you? You follow Me!"

We only see through a dark gl*** not understanding all there is to understand but we have a clear invite to follow Him in his example of loving our enemies as He loved His regardless of our befuddlement.

Blessings,

MacG
    But God waiting to end something as vile as abortion in some distant future judgment is like waiting for the farm animals to escape before closing the gate.

MacG

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLaRock View Post
    But God waiting to end something as vile as abortion in some distant future judgment is like waiting for the farm animals to escape before closing the gate.
    This how He dealt with child scrifice in the OT:

The LORD said to Moses, "Say to the Israelites: 'Any Israelite or any alien living in Israel who gives any of his children to Molech must be put to death. The people of the community are to stone him. I will set my face against that man and I will cut him off from his people; for by giving his children to Molech, he has defiled my sanctuary and profaned my holy name.

Apparantly it is not God's desire to kill the killer here. He doesn't even expect those of the community to kill him - just beat the tar out of him. It seems that after he is stoned God will set His face aganst that man and cut him off from his poeple but not kill him.

In Genesis Cain got a mark on his forehead to prevent others from killing him. I do not know why God allows things that are abhorrent to Him but a pot made by Him, God does not answer to me.

Let me ask you this: Is Abortion always murder?

Blessings,

MacG