Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
after a bit of listening to others...and checking the text...and my own limited ability to reason....I have come to this answer...

1st - Galatians 4:6......Romans 8:15.........Mark 14:36 all teach us about how to address and think of God.

The term we are to use is "Abba"

yes, an odd little word, that really is never used in real life.

So I very much doubt that God wants me to call him a name I dont got a clue about and is meaningless to me unless I google it.

so......lets google it -
"Abbá – "Father," also used as the term of tender endearment by a beloved child – i.e. in an affectionate, dependent relationship with their father; "daddy," "papa."

So its clear the idea that Jesus was talking about and the Disciples to for that matter, is a term that gets actross the word a child calls their dad.

I dont know about you but I never called my dad, "father"
I dont remember calling him "daddy"...but then I think back to my younger brother and siste, and they did call my dad, "Daddy"...so I guess I must have too when I was a little kid.

and....truth be told, I think that term of "Daddy" is the most correct and was what Jesus was talking about.

The word for a father that a very young child uses.

The term "Dad" is what i called my father when I was a teenager and it was what i called him until he
died.
But "Daddy" is what I must have called him when I needed his guidance the most.

what does this mean to my topic about God "Responding" to men?

I think now that the use of the term "Daddy" lends itself to the understanding that God is so far above us, and is so wise, and so much ahead of us, that we cant ever dream of say, "God responded to me"
How did you go from understanding that the term "daddy" is used when we need guidance most to "that God is so far above us, and is so wise, and so much ahead of us, that we cant ever dream of say, "God responded to me"??

You take the very meaning you understand and say it must not be so.