Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: My Hearts Cry

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    Ah.... Nope, sorry...... Not a clue as to what your point is????
    Thanks for asking. What is the clue? If you don't believe the Holy Bible is God's Word, then why are you here?

The Pheonix

Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    Dearly Beloved,

LDS believe those of us former LDS that post here at WM are going to Outer Darkness. We've been lead away by the devil for not having a testimony of all the covenants and doctrines of Mormonism.

Evangelicals believe LDS have not received the Jesus Christ of the Bible and are unredeemed and thus are going to hell.

Is this the gist of it?

Do LDS tell us we're going to Outer Darkness and are concerned for us. Not that I've experienced.
    Do evangelicals tell the LDS they're in danger of hell fire? Yes.

Do we speak the truth in love? Can the truth be accepted in any other way?

People are going to hell.

We are all beloved of God and He desires that none of us perish. How can we love those that are perishing?

This is not a rebuke. It's my hearts cry. I'm thinking outloud to myself and wonder what you think?

Why are you here at WM? Is this a forum where we defend the truth witout caring? Do we protect our hearts at all cost?

Sincerely in Grace,
    Charity
    Did you used to post on Mormon Dialog and discussion?

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    Come on Way, the Scriptures are God's very thoughts, how could they not carry His authority which is final?
    I don't believe anyone questions whether the Bible carries God's Word--but I suppose this might have been the exact argument the traditional Jews brought against Peter and Paul, when there was a change in the Covenant--from the OT to the NT.

The traditional Jews had the OT scriptures--and it was quite different from what the NT church was teaching. It seemed to be nothing short of blasphemy to the traditional Jews of the NT era.

To add to the confusion--the faith alone theology is in direct contradiction with the NT:

James 2:24---New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    24 You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.