Thread: Hanegraaff's Bible Answer Book

seebok

Default Hanegraaff's Bible Answer Book

So what "extra" questions and answers does one get if one orders Hanegraaff's "Complete" Bible Answer Book?

Can anyone provide specifics?

I've got the the original and volume 2, but before I invest a few bucks at Alibris I would like to know if it is worth it. If those extra questions elaborate on his views on pre-destination I would gladly buy it.

BTW: Where'd Walter Martin sit on the Calvin/Arminian divide?

thx

Seebok

GraftedIn73

Quote Originally Posted by seebok View Post
    So what "extra" questions and answers does one get if one orders Hanegraaff's "Complete" Bible Answer Book?

Can anyone provide specifics?

I've got the the original and volume 2, but before I invest a few bucks at Alibris I would like to know if it is worth it. If those extra questions elaborate on his views on pre-destination I would gladly buy it.

thx

Seebok

Hi Seebok,

I can't answer your question about Hank Hanegraaff's book, but I can say that Walter Martin was a 'Calminian' He believed that some events were pre-destined, such as the betrayal of Jesus by Judas, but had a strong belief in free-will also. He believed in the Security of the Believer (Perseverance of true Christian, not greasy grace) as opposed to the Arminian view of the possibility of a true Christian falling away from the faith.

GI73

seebok

Quote Originally Posted by GraftedIn73 View Post
    Hi Seebok,

I can't answer your question about Hank Hanegraaff's book, but I can say that Walter Martin was a 'Calminian' He believed that some events were pre-destined, such as the betrayal of Jesus by Judas, but had a strong belief in free-will also. He believed in the Security of the Believer (Perseverance of true Christian, not greasy grace) as opposed to the Arminian view of the possibility of a true Christian falling away from the faith.

GI73
    Thanks GI73! Did Martin write about it? My experience is that Martin talked a a lot more about others perceived beliefs than his own beliefs. That's a shame. any help would be appreciated.

s.

Thanks GI73! Did Martin write about it? My experience is that Martin talked a a lot more about others perceived beliefs than his own beliefs. That's a shame. any help would be appreciated.

s.
    Seebok,

Nice to see you back. GI is correct on his Calminian post.

I have to say, though, that it seems like you either haven't listened much to my father or it's been a very long time--Walter Martin always talked at length about his personal beliefs!
    How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God. 1 John 3:1

seebok

Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    Seebok,

Nice to see you back. GI is correct on his Calminian post.

I have to say, though, that it seems like you either haven't listened much to my father or it's been a very long time--Walter Martin always talked at length about his personal beliefs!
    Hi

Thanks for the welcome. Hopefully I'm just driving though -- I'm just soo busy with work and family. I'm particularly interested in his views on foreknowledge. Did he believe in hard determinism, soft determinism or free choice? If you have a reference I'd be grateful.

Regards

Seebok

alanmolstad

and the answer is -
    http://www.besked.se/audio/WM_EC31_1.mp3

alanmolstad

andddddddddddd......over the last few months or so the link was changed, and I have yet to find the new one...sorry

alanmolstad

There is a sermon by Walter martin that I heard, and he says that as we walk though the gates of heaven we see a sign overhead that talks about this being the way for all of the people that responded to the calling of God and turned to him.

and then....

And then once we are inside that gate we see another sign that informs us that we were all singled out and predestined to enter this gate by God from before the world began...

So its Human free will working hand in hand with God's sovereignty

alanmolstad