Thread: Christian?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    AllyManderson

I would say you can't be a good Christian and a good Mason. But you can make a good Christian and worst ever mason.

Many of my fellow Church of Scotland flock are members of the Scottish Rite - but they are in the Lodge solely to get a shot of the snooker table and so on.

I would say you cannot believe in what the Church and Lodge teach. But I do not object to any Christian joining the Lodge, I would never say they are not Christian - But that they are of weak faith if they think the Lodge of all places can strengthen them.

SarahC

Quote Originally Posted by AllyManderson View Post
    I would say you cannot believe in what the Church and Lodge teach. But I do not object to any Christian joining the Lodge, I would never say they are not Christian - But that they are of weak faith if they think the Lodge of all places can strengthen them.
    I agree, although if a fellow Christian friend asked my pov I would advise them not to join. I personally do not believe it is compatible with Christianity if this information is correct...

Masons believe there is a universal spirit which is identified as Great Architect who has a secret name called Jahbulon.

It may surprise you that this name is a composite of three God Yahweh of the Hebrews, Baal God of the Canaanites, and Osiris God of the Egyptian.
    So here the God of the Bible is equated to the other pagan Gods.
    They have a creed e.g. They believe in the immortality of the soul, say prayers to deity and swear secrecy in the name of the God Jahbulon.

Freemason do worship a God They erect lodge building to worship and honor Great Architect and have an alter where they kneel and worship. The Bible is placed on the altar.
    The unique thing about Freemason it seem to be offering its members christians or none christians alike some of the same things Jesus has already offered individuals who repent of their sins and accepts him as savior.

Repentance and baptism makes one a child of God. Jesus is seen as the light that takes one out of spiritual darkness. Man is offered life after death; salvation is received through Jesus, not by works.

Mason offers all these without the need of Jesus . To the mason Jesus is just a man.
    Doesn't it's adding in a pagan god kinds go directly against the 10 Commandments? Isn't Jesus the very foundation of Christianity? How can something that sees Jesus as just a man, not the resurrected Savior be compatible with Christianity in any way? This isn't just "stuff added in" these change the very foundations of Christianity.

(link for quotes)
    Last edited by SarahC; 05-22-2010 at 04:50 PM.