Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christian?

Malachi

with due respect, freemasons are enimies of the catholic church, only in the idea where they will NOT confess to a man, (priest or pope).

Malachi

this could also be a response to being a member of the Boy Scouts.

pilgrim1411

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Is it possible to be a good practicing member of the lodge and a good Christian?

Kevin
    Absolutely not. The Orthodox Church, to which I belong, has anathematized masonry.

Quote Originally Posted by pilgrim1411 View Post
    Absolutely not. The Orthodox Church, to which I belong, has anathematized masonry.
    Who cares? Other than the orthodox, I mean? We CHRISTIANS don't give a hoot what your religion anathesizes. . .

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Is it possible to be a good practicing member of the lodge and a good Christian?

Kevin
    It mostly depends on the type of Lodge you are thinking about joining.
    Clearly the masons are something that should be avoided.
    But with all the other lodges that have been talked about on this topic, or have been in the phone book for years, I don't see them as being much of a danger at all.

Im not a member of any Lodge, but i have went and had a few drinks with members of many lodges as their guest, and I was always a bit let down when i finally saw how all the so-called secret lodge meeting rooms were always in need of a good cleaning, and a total bathroom remodel ***.

there are many famous people who are members but they do not join to advance the cause of Christ. they join to advance their own causes.
    check the new book thread to find my new books